Mesmer changes

Provocative.3561

Already moved onto Reaper and Herald after seeing the June 27 preview. Rip 10 year Mesmer nothing left of this horse to beat.  It is truly dead soon. Cal and Roy REALLY hates Mesmer apparently as it is straight up super nerfed now.  Meanwhile Reaper and Mech will dominate PvE.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

14 hours ago, apharma.3741 said:

I saw your post in WvW section a while back about not really playing etc so I'm going to say it now. You've been one of the most sensible people (not the only one) on this forum over the years and I still remember having that conversation about coalescence of ruin damage figures and doing the math with you when Rev came out. One day we will both just stop, to no fan fare, so I wish you all the best in life.

I don't always agree with people's take on things and sometimes I say stupid troll things to get a rise out of them but I can always appreciate the people who have put the time in regardless.

• Thanks 1

i dont like that you are forced even more into a support roll... and even more into illusion traitline for wvw.

I hope that the changes to dagger are enought to get a bit more dmg out of virt. the increase in blood duration might be good

I am interested in mirage boonstrip as well althogh i think the radius is still to small.

• Like 1

Virtuoso could really do with an additional targeted pull skill that synergised with the whole piercing damage in a line.

F3 should be a line pull like Rev's Temporal Rift. Master of Fragmentation could increase the range/width of the pull.

That way it can be a setup for burst, but with the challenge that you have to generate blades quickly for follow up damage F3 -> F1 cc and burst.

And Bladeturn Requiem should go back to F4, delete F5 (no separate Distortion) and have BR be:

- usable with zero blades (if shattering with zero blades, only gain channeled distortion with core mesmer visual and virtuoso BR character blocking animation plus respective trait procs)

- 0.75s channeled distortion followed by channeled block 0.75s per blade, and also give to self and allies in 240 radius after 0.75s:

- Stability (1 stack & 0.75s per blade)

- Protection (0.75s per blade)

- Resolution (0.75s per blade)

So at least you could take a few hits if unlockable, after the initial distortion.

1-5 blade shatter visuals stay the same, shattered blades start orbiting immediately and last for 1s per blade shattered.

Eg if you have 2 blades, you get 0.75s channeled distortion followed by 1.5s channeled block and 1.5s/2stacks stab, 1.5s prot, 1.5s resolution. Damaging blades orbit for 2s. Timings up for change.

Many ways this could be different, I just think going back to the four bladesongs is more thematically coherent than stuffing core Distortion on there as well.

Edited by Curunen.8729
  • Like 1

On 6/12/2023 at 7:51 AM, Mike.7983 said:

Already moved onto Reaper and Herald after seeing the June 27 preview. Rip 10 year Mesmer nothing left of this horse to beat.  It is truly dead soon. Cal and Roy REALLY hates Mesmer apparently as it is straight up super nerfed now.  Meanwhile Reaper and Mech will dominate PvE.

These 2 are insufferable. At least Solar didn't completely ruin any class.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

On 6/19/2023 at 5:52 AM, Sleepwalker.1398 said:

Looking at how they are lowerin cooldowns on Guard and Engi.....Mes got crappy Manipulation changed previously from superspeed to Aegis (no one asked for this) and then now we get nothing as cooldown reduction. Bonkers.

They have been giving the cooldown reduction to skills they have removed the trait cooldown from. That includes glamors and manipulations.

• Confused 6

29 minutes ago, Justine.6351 said:

They have been giving the cooldown reduction to skills they have removed the trait cooldown from. That includes glamors and manipulations.

I'm confused. Did i miss something cos i don't see anything saying in upcoming update that Blink or other skill cooldown reduced. eg,
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Master_of_Manipulation

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Blink

The only thing happened was reduction got removed from trait. All utility skills remain the same.

It;s actually funny that Blink got increased from 30 secs to 35 secs. (Feb 2020)

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Sleepwalker.1398 said:

I'm confused. Did i miss something cos i don't see anything saying in upcoming update that Blink or other skill cooldown reduced. eg,
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Master_of_Manipulation

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Blink

The only thing happened was reduction got removed from trait. All utility skills remain the same.

It;s actually funny that Blink got increased from 30 secs to 35 secs. (Feb 2020)

https://wiki-en.guildwars2.com/wiki/Game_updates/2023-02-14#Mesmer

• Confused 5

42 minutes ago, Sleepwalker.1398 said:

But you quoted me and said it.

You said you were confused in your first response. I didn't say you confuse emoted me. I didn't think you would be that transparent, I gave you some credit. However what is amusing is that those confused emoters are playing the forums like they play in roaming. Wait for a 1v1 and then dogpile cause they cant win fights any other way. Interesting. They probably jealous because I am a better mesmer than them.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 2

40 minutes ago, Justine.6351 said:

You said you were confused in your first response. I didn't say you confuse emoted me. I didn't think you would be that transparent, I gave you some credit. However what is amusing is that those confused emoters are playing the forums like they play in roaming. Wait for a 1v1 and then dogpile cause they cant win fights any other way. Interesting. They probably jealous because I am a better mesmer than them.

I specifically only care about "Blink".

It's great that you posted the patch updates from last time to some skills reduction which i missed.

Blink is the only/most useful skill i really care about in manipulation.

On 6/21/2023 at 6:54 AM, Justine.6351 said:

Reason why i said i was confused was cos you posted saying above and then a link that has nothing that mentions about Blink.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

23 hours ago, Justine.6351 said:

Have you even read the patch notes yourself? Yes they took away the cooldown reductions from the trait, but they never gave Blink any cooldown reduction after doing so, which they have done for other skills that recieved the same treatment to their traits.

So the reason why you get thumbs down (confused emojis) is cuz you're basically bs:ing... ugh mind numbing 🤦‍♂️

• Like 6

12 hours ago, Justine.6351 said:

They probably jealous because I am a better mesmer than them.

Lemme quote some from "Battle Beast - Master of Illusions" song

You're the master of illusion
Lost in your sad delusion

Edited by semak.7481
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Justine is right about them folding some of the CDR traits into abilities baseline, they did it for Mass Invisibility, Mirror and Mimic.
They didn't do it for Blink, Arcane thievery because these are somewhat useful for a mesmer solo. "Ah but so is Mass Invisibility" yes but it's also nice for zergs and groups so it gets special treatment. While the 2 lesser used get the CDR because no-one will notice and they can say "hey, we folded it in baseline!" 
You forgot Illusion of Life....yeah Roy hates this.

The funny part is there's not really much CDR traits to fold into mesmer baseline because over the years they got rid of them all from utilities, heals and elites instead giving alacrity, weapon skills and reset mechanics out much to other people's annoyance.

Also spam me with confused emoji pls.

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

On 6/11/2023 at 6:18 AM, Skye.4983 said:

All of the changes to the mirage are a straight up nerf, I am not sure what part of those changes are supposed to be about "balance".

It's because you are right - this is actually not about balance. It's about incompetence. The same with Mirage balance's was not long ago... 
It is much easier to remove Mirage from the game at all instead of lead us a merry dance. Or fire this one genius Mirage's balancer... 
I don't know how much ANET pays for this genius, but I can balance all the specs in the game (following this way) for free.

Edited by taara.3217
  • Like 2