When does Glyph of Reaping get Re-Enabled in other peoples Home Instance?

Back then, the Glyph of Reaping got disabled due to a bug. Visitors were able to harvest the Owners Ascended crops with it, that shouldnt be able to get harvested.

Since then it got disabled for others than the Owner. 

So when can people actually use it the way they want & the way it was intended again?

Rather disable the ascended crops than the Glyph of reaping there. 

Edited by Virdo.1540
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

Strictly speaking, it wasn't disabled due to a bug. It got disabled because Anet designed themselves into a corner due to forgetting that other people can visit your home instance and harvest nodes in it, and disabling this glyph was simpler than having to redesign whole ascended food system so it would work well with that (forgotten) feature. And since they weren't willing to do that redesign then, when it was still fresh, the chances of them doing that now are even lower. So, i would not expect that to happen, like, ever.

• Like 1

On 6/10/2023 at 6:34 PM, Virdo.1540 said:

Back then, the Glyph of Reaping got disabled due to a bug. Visitors were able to harvest the Owners Ascended crops with it, that shouldnt be able to get harvested.

Since then it got disabled for others than the Owner. 

So when can people actually use it the way they want & the way it was intended again?..

20 hours ago, Linken.6345 said:

never most likely.

3 hours ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

...since they weren't willing to do that redesign then, when it was still fresh, the chances of them doing that now are even lower. So, i would not expect that to happen, like, ever.

Like Linken and Astralporing, I'm afraid Anet is not going to change this but like Virdo, I sure wish they would. The glyph of reaping is useful in a lot of places on the gathering tool. There are only a few places where it's helpful on the logging tool though. And where are ore nodes close enough together for that glyph to matter except in a home instance?

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

Guild Halls?  Brisban? 

Don't guild halls have just one ore node? Also, it's been a while since I've been to Brisban but the only ore nodes I remember being close enough together for the glyph of reaping to work is the rich iron node on a ledge near the Tropic Valley Raceway, which sometimes has another iron node close by in the gully below it.

Hehe, I'm old enough to have a spotty memory so if I'm wrong, don't hesitate to correct me but outside of a home instance, the glyph of reaping does seem almost useless on a mining tool.

Edited by Chichimec.9364

• 9 months later...

I sure do wish they would fix the Glyph of reaping, cause in the one area I geared my accounts for, they nerfed it. 

Can we at least change the in-game descriptor to "Glyph of Reaping, when Anet feels like it."

In the years since it was disabled, I am trying to figure out how hard it would be to isolate, and then fix the problem.

Squeaky Wheels get the oil!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

34 minutes ago, jason.1083 said:

Hot take right here

Give me a single reason why it needs to be a thing. 

Imagine I kill dhuum and could invite others to the instance to loot the chest. 

Basically the same thing as buying/collection a ingame reward Ala harvest nodes etc and having it be able to be looted by infinite people. 

Edited by DanAlcedo.3281
  • Like 1
  • Confused 4

3 hours ago, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

Imagine I kill dhuum and could invite others to the instance to loot the chest. 

Basically the same thing as buying/collection a ingame reward Ala harvest nodes etc and having it be able to be looted by infinite people. 

Because you help people get stuff without having to pay the exorbitant price for a full home instance maybe? And it's not like you get your money's worth anytime soon.

It's 100% on you if you want to allow others in your home instance or not, having the choice is always good.

• Like 5
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, jason.1083 said:

Because you help people get stuff without having to pay the exorbitant price for a full home instance maybe? And it's not like you get your money's worth anytime soon.

It's 100% on you if you want to allow others in your home instance or not, having the choice is always good.

So, you give people access to stuff they themself would normally have to pay gems for. For example the garden plots. 

Why on earth would Anet allow that. Especially when 1 garden plot could generate basically infinite resources. 

In the case of Ascended food, items that have quite a bit of value and on top being able to be buffed with boosters to multiply the outcome. 

The fact that it is allowed in the first place is mind boggling to me. 

Why pay 50g yourself for the currency node when only one player needs to? 

At any other place in the game, this would be game breaking. 

The ability to infinitely generate rewards. 

The only reason I see for it being in the game is to sell alt account farming. 

But I'm even more sure that it was a bug that became a feature. 

• Confused 4
  • Sad 1

Sharing your home instance is a part of the social aspect of an mmo.  Much like placing a guild banner, bonfire, or feast during a festival event.

The home instance allows you to be generous and to receive gratitude. 

Actual new players can be quite impressed, and it gives them something to strive for.  That was my reaction years ago, and now I can impress newbies myself.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

So, you give people access to stuff they themself would normally have to pay gems for. For example the garden plots. 

Why on earth would Anet allow that. Especially when 1 garden plot could generate basically infinite resources. 

In the case of Ascended food, items that have quite a bit of value and on top being able to be buffed with boosters to multiply the outcome. 

The fact that it is allowed in the first place is mind boggling to me. 

Why pay 50g yourself for the currency node when only one player needs to? 

At any other place in the game, this would be game breaking. 

The ability to infinitely generate rewards. 

The only reason I see for it being in the game is to sell alt account farming. 

But I'm even more sure that it was a bug that became a feature. 

Because it makes people buy those very things in the first place. For example, i sincerely doubt i'd have so heavily invested in my home instance if i could not share it with my wife and friends.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

On 6/10/2023 at 7:34 PM, Virdo.1540 said:

Back then, the Glyph of Reaping got disabled due to a bug. Visitors were able to harvest the Owners Ascended crops with it, that shouldnt be able to get harvested. Since then it got disabled for others than the Owner.  So when can people actually use it the way they want & the way it was intended again? Rather disable the ascended crops than the Glyph of reaping there. 

Both of my ALTs were able to harvest everything, including the plants, individually, despite the Glyph of Reaping equipped. So I am at a loss as to why the Glyph of Reaping was neutered, preventing the rapid home instance harvesting I set them up for (before it was nerfed). I don't know what the bug is/or was, I just know I am and have been doing everything IAW Anet rules & policies, why would they zero in on something like this? I'm just looking for a better, more permanent fix is all.

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, Mareak Humner.5672 said:

Both of my ALTs were able to harvest everything, including the plants, individually, despite the Glyph of Reaping equipped. So I am at a loss as to why the Glyph of Reaping was neutered, preventing the rapid home instance harvesting I set them up for (before it was nerfed). I don't know what the bug is/or was, I just know I am and have been doing everything IAW Anet rules & policies, why would they zero in on something like this? I'm just looking for a better, more permanent fix is all.

People could harvest the ascended flowers even after the nerf by just ploping down 1 onion in the middle.

And since other people did not  count towards it depleting it was an infinite asended feast material farm as long as you had people coming in even with the karma reaping tools.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/11/2023 at 1:34 AM, Virdo.1540 said:

So when can people actually use it the way they want & the way it was intended again?

Never.

Disabling the glyph for other home instances was the fix for the bug.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

On 3/19/2024 at 5:49 AM, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

Sharing with other players, doing something together. You know, stuff people do in an MMORPG.
Each home instance node takes years of even decades to even out the costs. Many people wouldn't even buy them if they weren't able to share them with their friends.
In other words, being able to share them is a huge selling point for these nodes.

Now give a reason why it should not be a thing. 🙂 

Edited by kiroho.4738
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

• 2 weeks later...