So they just nerfed scrapper for a Third (fourth?) straight time?

shion.2084

It's not like we see a lot of scrappers any more after the last three nerfs.... but yet it seems that having even one show up in MAT was a problem?

"

Kinetic Accelerators: This trait has been reworked. Apply boons to nearby allies when you successfully combo with a blast or leap finisher. Your function gyro is now a blast finisher.

"

So are they giving us back the nerf on quickness here ... but making it so we have to blast or leap?   The problem of course being that in order to do something like say attack with mortar... I'm going to have to rocket leap against a wall in one of my mortar fields first before shooting?  Or, delightfully use up my blast gyro on a field I put at my feet to shoot that ranger at 1200 range who is currently 
unblock-ably hitting me for 15k damage with its opening strike... or the Gunflame hitting me for 13k... twice... while I try to lay down fields and hop in them???? Then if I don't manage to mortar them to death in like 2 seconds I have to figure out how to re-apply this?  This is like incomprehensible in PvP, seriously WTF?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 12
  • Sad 1

Yea this change is not good. It just moves the goalposts actually reduces our utility and people thinking this is a win for hScrapper are being a bit silly. Firebrand's are still going to get chosen over you just on the simple fact they don't have to go through hoops to apply quickness now, they provide aegis, and they have a greater range of utility because of it. What does a scrapper bring now? Scrappers are going to be taken only if there is no other options (i.e. if you refuse to be a mechanist, holosmith, or play a different class and there is no one else to fill that slot).

Edited by Ravenwulfe.5360
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 5

18 minutes ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

The cd reduction without having traits is a buff overall to all elites though.

Not really a buff if this just pushes the utility of a scrapper away. And combo finishing means more absurd stuff in kits just to maintain quickness. That's not a buff.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Ravenwulfe.5360 said:

Not really a buff if this just pushes the utility of a scrapper away. And combo finishing means more absurd stuff in kits just to maintain quickness. That's not a buff.

The cd trait removal is a straight buff to elites unless someone can explain to me how it isnt. 

Tools in particular has been one of those traitlines that few pick... but core can pick it as a third line with the same core base as for example a scrapper and get some pretty strong cd traits, power wrench and gadgeteer. And if scrapper picked tools, then of course he sacrifice something else, like alchemy for example and the argument repeats for hgh and elixir use.

With the new balance patch the third traitline of core will be watered down and elites will only be stronger with the "free" cd reductions. That scrapper got some tiny specific nerfs is... really meh.

• Confused 4

6 minutes ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

The cd trait removal is a straight buff to elites unless someone can explain to me how it isnt. 

Nade holo for example was running Elixir S, and HGH. Elixir S, and Toss Elixir S was excluded from the reduction treatment, so Nade holo just got worse. It'll still pick up Alchemy, because that traitline is strong, and it'll still pick up HGH, because of the increased durations, and might on 3+3 skills, that is uses. But its defense just got worse.

Did core get the short end of the stick? Yes. But acting like e-specs got buffed, just because they got a smaller slap in the face is wrong.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, shion.2084 said:

It's not like we see a lot of scrappers any more after the last three nerfs.... but yet it seems that having even one show up in MAT was a problem?

"

Kinetic Accelerators: This trait has been reworked. Apply boons to nearby allies when you successfully combo with a blast or leap finisher. Your function gyro is now a blast finisher.

"

So are they giving us back the nerf on quickness here ... but making it so we have to blast or leap?   The problem of course being that in order to do something like say attack with mortar... I'm going to have to rocket leap against a wall in one of my mortar fields first before shooting?  Or, delightfully use up my blast gyro on a field I put at my feet to shoot that ranger at 1200 range who is currently 
unblock-ably hitting me for 15k damage with its opening strike... or the Gunflame hitting me for 13k... twice... while I try to lay down fields and hop in them???? Then if I don't manage to mortar them to death in like 2 seconds I have to figure out how to re-apply this?  This is like incomprehensible in PvP, seriously WTF?

This is crazy even for anet, most players barely know what CC is, they expect them to do this sort of acrobatics on a class that people already don't want to play?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Ravenwulfe.5360 said:

What quickness??   Scrappers already got that removed 4 nerfs ago in PvP.  Kinetic accelerators for PvP doesn't actually accelerate anything ... it makes you aim better with fury.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

The meta scrapper builds don't use any of those skills that the CD reduction applies to.    The one change this patch gives is a fundamental nerf to its GM trait.

Edited by shion.2084
  • Thanks 3

3 hours ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

Tools in particular has been one of those traitlines that few pick... but core can pick it as a third line with the same core base as 

Tools is the fundamental traitline in PvP that all metas use.  Its needed because of the utility CD reduction, the access to swiftness, the damage increase and the only condi removal these builds carry.

We are talking about PvP here... and both holo and scrapper are fundamentally based around explosives and tools.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

Speaking about PvP

They destroyed tool-kit; the second best kit aside nades; Also Elixir S is getting a hard nerf.

Slicky Shoes is getting a hard nerf either. Those skills were used by Holo and Core too. 

Most of alternative non-meta builds uses tool-kit and Slicky shoes. And since Kinetic Accelerators is getting an active nerf; gyros' sinergy is getting affected too.

Elixir U,  R and C buffs don't compensate. 

But well, CmC buffed Catalyst again, so what's the problem?

Edited by AlPower.2476
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/12/2023 at 11:48 AM, shion.2084 said:

"

"

Hmm, I recommend looking at elixir c now. they halved the cd of that util.

I am not sure how elixir C will help me with ranger combat against a gunflame, DE, LB ranger…. It can’t supply boons unless I get into something that has already hit me with ranger conditions… like a necro.

maybe I’m missing something