Invisible bag context for sell

Dude. Nobody's trolling you. We're explaining why your idea is unnecessary and counterintuitive, and you're getting weirdly upset about it. Calm down and listen before you get your thread locked due to your own bad temper.

Invisible bags' purpose is to hide items you do not want to sell. Hence, you don't have an option to sell items from those bags. Because they are "invisible." Items within are hidden. It says so in the name.

You want the option to sell items from those bags, because it "can be confusing to new players" not to. Heaven forbid these hypothetical new players spend .5 seconds experimenting - "Hm, I can't sell things from this bag, but I can sell things from other bags. This bag says 'invisible.' I wonder what happens if I move the item to another bag? Ah, I can sell it now. I get it! Invisible bags hide things!"

Honestly just curious at this point - what do you think the purpose of an invisible bag should be, if you can sell items directly from it? Why should we even have invisible bags?

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

Honestly: I do not really use the special bag functions. I carefully manually arranged my inventory. Don't want auto-sort functions and other stuff like that ... to mess it up. There are so many bags from achievements and other sources ... that I just ended up to use them normally since I did not want to pay attention to the special functions (that might have needed me to re-arrange the inventory a bit to fit them in).

For the selling you can just switch the item to the normal inventory. Or try to keep the slots occupied by stuff you permanently want to keep and freeing up other space instead. There should be enough for a main char to fully fill one bag with stuff permanently needed.

Legendary bags would be nice though. Lol. (With all special functions + you being able to select which one you'd like to use.)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Duligraws.8214 said:

Tooltips show on mouse-over.

Context menus show on right click.

Nothing confusing about it. 

People don't bother to read and comprehend,   and they respond based on what others said,  ignoring OP.

Context menus are contextual.  In the case of an invisible bag, the context is that items cannot be vendored.  So you can make the request and it's understandable (to me at least), but it's highly doubtful it's able to be implemented.  It would mean overriding the context somehow, breaking the whole purpose of context and creating confusion in UI usage patterns that would make no sense to anyone.  Why do you have an invisible bag anyway?  Just replace it with a normal bag.

Edited by Chaba.5410
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

On 6/14/2023 at 5:23 AM, Duligraws.8214 said:

The context menu for items in invisible bags does not show "sell at trading post"

Currently, items need to be moved to another bag.

This can be very confusing for new players.

hope this helps XD
actually should have stayed facepalmed like few hours but i hope people getting the idea 

Edited by Orav.5816
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Duligraws.8214 said:

Nonsense.  It works WITH the idea of invisible bags.

No, the idea is that if you want to sell something you have put earlier in invisible bag (supposedly for the very reason that you do not want to accidentally sell it), you'd have to make an additional step in order to do so (move the item to another bag), which might give you time to remember why you have put that item in this bag in the first place. Your idea circumvents that intentional additional step, which does go against the very idea why invisible bags exist.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

No, the idea is that if you want to sell something you have put earlier in invisible bag (supposedly for the very reason that you do not want to accidentally sell it), you'd have to make an additional step in order to do so (move the item to another bag), which might give you time to remember why you have put that item in this bag in the first place. Your idea circumvents that intentional additional step, which does go against the very idea why invisible bags exist.

Maybe you did not see the pic.

• Confused 6
  • Sad 1

41 minutes ago, Duligraws.8214 said:

Maybe you did not see the pic.

I did, but you apparently did not read what i wrote. You are trying to be able to skip a step (moving the item to another bag) that is intentionally designed to be unskippable. Your suggestion if implemented, would make that original intention meaningless.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1