Shameful.

Arannya.8324

You had 50 pages of negative feedback on your proposed changes and went on with unjustified nerfs anyway. You handicap all necros by taking boon corrupts away which are a vital mechanic for which we already pay a huge price (and I mean all necros, not just scourges) with no justification at all. None.

Shameful. Tone deaf. No words. 

• Like 31
  • Thanks 15
  • Confused 2

Nerfing the boon corrupt and res potential of scourge has all but killed my interest in it at this point. I'm so incredibly disappointed that they decided to force Scourge into the same boring, generic role as every other support in the game. My support scourge is going to sit there collecting dust until the end of time now.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 8

The incompetence on display here truly is shameful, so disapointed but I feel like I should be used to this balance team breaking things only to have to waste even more time and resources later to fix their mistakes. I will not be buying the upcoming expansion at this rate, if scourge isn't fixed this could be the end of gw2 for me. 

• Like 14
  • Thanks 5
  • Confused 1

They simply don't care and I don't know why anyone thought/thinks they do. I've been playing this game for a little over a year now and I figured it out, knowing full well that their patch would not change despite the massive negative feedback. Why some that have been playing for years haven't is beyond me.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 1

Great, they killed Signets of Suffering trait and my loved signet power reaper build. Also killed scourge and boon corruption.
I have only 1 question. Why?
I've not see any reason play necromancer at this point.

Edited by Scarlet.8964
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 8
  • Confused 1

The fact they had so much time to put this on ice until they came up with a better solution , and still went through with it, shows they just don't care

It's also why they dropped the expansion teaser on the same day - to silence all the carpet bombing nerfs - as most people will be hyped for the expansion and just keep playing.

I am out. There was NO reason for doing this to this specc in particular, and it's horrifying that a company ignored so much feedback 

• Thanks 13

17 minutes ago, Lctl.6198 said:

The fact they had so much time to put this on ice until they came up with a better solution , and still went through with it, shows they just don't care

It's also why they dropped the expansion teaser on the same day - to silence all the carpet bombing nerfs - as most people will be hyped for the expansion and just keep playing.

I am out. There was NO reason for doing this to this specc in particular, and it's horrifying that a company ignored so much feedback 

Let's not get overly dramatic. here.
Xpac announcement ranks far higher in the food chain than balance patch.

They did not drop xpansion reveal to cover up patch outrage, but very likely they did not do the balance patch right because of xpac.

Maybe they had to divert manpower to new xpac features.
Or maybe they know these features will derail game balance anyway, so instead fixing something that will be broken the next day again, they'd rather wait, have both disasters happen and then get to cleaning it up thoroughly.

Edited by ZeftheWicked.3076
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 9
  • Sad 1

Maybe, just maybe, they should allocate more than TWO people to balance 9 classes with 3 elite specs each.

Balancing should nerf overtuned skills and builds (catalyst comes to mind) and buff underperforming skills and builds.

The devs seem to just randomly pick and mess up skills and traits that don't need "fixing" and overtune stuff that already overperforms. They should call themselves the "imbalance team".

• Like 8
  • Thanks 4

When you read the update notes, this strikes me:

"Below are the updated balance notes. We will be making further adjustments on July 18, focusing on damage-focused scourge, alacrity-focused mirage, and alacrity-focused willbender builds, as well as tuning for changes from June as needed."

So... they are FULLY aware they killed Scourge DPS and a few other things with this patch... And this note says "Yeah just wait till next update, we are not fixing it now" 

Utterly disrespect to your customer.

That line alone makes the entire idea of a preview with feedback useless. 

So, am I not suppose to play the game untill then?
Am I just to blindly trust you - who utterly ignored 99% of the feedback - to fix it in THAT patch?
And while waiting HOPING you keep your word and fix it, shell out 25 for the next Expac?

No, you have to PROOF yourself now, ArenaNet, FIRST you fix Scourge, THEN I might give you more money.

Ball is in your court.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 5

1 minute ago, Tachenon.5270 said:

Shameful? I'd say going from 20 to 8 seconds on sand shade duration is more than just shameful. It's downright hateful. My completely subjective opinion, of course. Not the first time I've felt this way about changes to the game.

It does feel like (H)Scourge went into their houses, killed their pets and sent their heads in a box.

This level of *hate* towards a spec, then leaving it utterly broken when it was already a NICHE spec is unmatched

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

It wouldn't be the first time a dev had their kitten handed to them in wvw and took it out in patch notes. Boon removal feels weak when we had boon conversion, the revive capability is nerfed because we can't have kill-denial in wvw and shade duration is kneecapped because area denial is too stronk; and those are just the highlights.

I'm actually disgusted that the patch went through untouched; they had the chance to compare our suggestions and concerns with their ideas and chose to ignore us completely. They dug a hole for themselves and tried distraction tactics by dropping the expac release. RIP scourge.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 5

I'm am going to wait to the next balance in July to see if they feel our combined rage at this lazy, unnecessary nerf to signets which we can't even use in shroud (I wasn't aware of this until today), shade timers, further barrier depletion and the utter trashing of HS's Rez potential.

Necros are supposed to be masters of the dead. Now, repeating so many others it is no longer niche, it is useless. DPS Scourge, I have no desire to even mess with atm. 

So, NO Anet, you are not going to make another cent on me (makes whale noises) each month until you fix this mess. Listen to us, please. Thanks. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

They are not a bunch of monkeys that were born yesterday running the show (hopefully), and they are fully aware of the backlash that this would cause. Seems something more is at work here. Maybe, like a butt hurt VIP...  
I'd like to think that way, cause there is no way you can F it up this bad. 

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Lctl.6198 said:

It does feel like (H)Scourge went into their houses, killed their pets and sent their heads in a box.

This level of *hate* towards a spec, then leaving it utterly broken when it was already a NICHE spec is unmatched

I just want to revive people and have them say "ty" and i feel like they HATE me for it

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Celeste.9135 said:

The incompetence on display here truly is shameful, so disapointed but I feel like I should be used to this balance team breaking things only to have to waste even more time and resources later to fix their mistakes. I will not be buying the upcoming expansion at this rate, if scourge isn't fixed this could be the end of gw2 for me. 

I hate to say it but ill go back to paying a sub to FF or god forbid wow, at least my warlock is still there. Do the devs that made these changes even play the game? Do they main a necro , a scourge? 

• Like 4