[PvP] Bladesong Requiem (F5) is now just an extra icon

Profanity.6829

that does about 800 damage (non crit) on berserker if all hit.... nothing else...

(and your opponent needs to have a stroke for all the blades to hit)

How can you remove the ENTIRE being of the ability (blocvk) and leave NOTHING?

Edited by Profanity.6829
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Leonidrex.5649 said:

they just dont know what the skills do, he read it does dmg and gives block, read whines about virtuoso having too much blocks so he just removed one 😄

Sadly, this is not even sarcasm in gw2.

Now this skill will remain an empty icon for several months (or years lol), like the chronomancer wells, Well of Action and Well of Serenity.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I agree what is Bladesong Requiem (F5) now? it feels rather pointless.

Virt is a mostly ranged spec, so having that skill doesn't do any range has to some ultity to it but Bladesong Requiem doesn't anymore. Maybe turning it into a reflect to stop projectiles would have been better.

Better yet giving an entirly new bladesong skill that does something else. "Bladesong Finale - Fire you blades at foes clearing conditions for the amount of blade stocked if you stocked 5 blades you blades will inflict bleed and torment"

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I can understand the need to adjust the invulnerability of blade renewal. It hurts, but the skill is still usable.

I can also understand that it is necessary to adjust somehow the bladeturn requiem. But here there is no adjustment, here there is just destruction. As it always happens with the mesmer, as it happened with the signet of inspiration, Instead of adjusting the skill they make it completely useless. As many more have already said, what is the function of the skill? It does no damage, it is not defensive, it has a small range. I would love to hear how useful it is to developers.

And finally, we come to another of the critical points of the virtuoso: The Psychic Riposte. Surprisingly they want to sell it as an improvement but the truth is before the unblockable could be easily achieved with a block (either by skills or by aegis) while now we have to sacrifice a dogde yes or yes to get it. In case it is not clear that is not an improvement, it is quite the opposite.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

My only issue us that they were talking big game about how skills have a particular power budget behind them. Removing the block is understandable but where did the budget for that skill go? There should be some compensation like I dont know make it actually do damage... or prock many more hits so you can benefit from bleeds or something for using your stocked blades

Edited by Gesbo.6420
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Gesbo.6420 said:

My only issue us that they were talking big game about how skills have a particular power budget behind them. Removing the block is understandable but where did the budget for that skill go? There should be some compensation like I dont know make it actually do damage... or prock many more hits so you can benefit from bleeds or something for using your stocked blades

budget went to the elementalist 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 7

6 hours ago, Leonidrex.5649 said:

they just dont know what the skills do, he read it does dmg and gives block, read whines about virtuoso having too much blocks so he just removed one 😄

You know what, i'm 99% sure this is the case. That other 1% is the probability this was done maliciously like other "balancing" decisions...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Leonidrex.5649 said:

They probably read it from the wiki instead of the actual in-game tool tip, too.

• Haha 2

Maybe requiem needs to be reworked to provide a different effect to your other blade songs. Giving you a buff like mimic perhaps and say you double cast the next shatter used when requiem is on. You already created the blades with your psychic powers or whatever might as well use them. F5 is a slot for a game changing spell (continuum split) and should have some sort of a big wow factor to it. Minimul amount of damage and maximum of 5 ticks of damage is not it even if all of them crit to proc the bleeding effects. 

On 6/28/2023 at 9:02 AM, Kiro Kobra.6478 said:

Virtuoso is dead in the water.

Maybe once we have access to shields in the August expansion, that'll change.

Until then, I'm just not gonna play this class. Every time I log in, it just pisses me off. Not fun.

This is the only point that matters.

Virt feels awful to play right now. 

If its all you play there is no reason to play.

That simple imo. 

The change is bad in the current meta, but good, when the xpac hits. Virtuoso with Shield + this Block whould be op. I hated the change, when they revealed it, but when I played the beta, it felt fair.

The F5 is still bad, but the reason behind it is okay. Maybe give it more damage?

• Confused 1

44 minutes ago, Fleckzeck.4673 said:

The change is bad in the current meta, but good, when the xpac hits. Virtuoso with Shield + this Block whould be op. I hated the change, when they revealed it, but when I played the beta, it felt fair.

The F5 is still bad, but the reason behind it is okay. Maybe give it more damage?

Yeah, the reason to take away the block is somewhat understandable (though I would argue not to change the whole spec just because of one new weapon).

Taking away the block while at the same time nerfing distortion, blade renewal and then giving nothing in return on F5? I guess every mesmer player agrees, that is nonsense and not fair at all, considering how some other classes are treated.