Boonball meta is bad

Ya Ya Yeah.7381

I agree that boon power creep has ruined the fun of WvW.

It's made it so that casual players have no chance of competing against dedicated groups. I have seen guild boon balls walk into an EBG keep that is defended by 3x as many pugs, and take it. There's just no competition, which is not fun.

Boons have also made siege much less strategically valuable. It is used to be possible for 1-2 players with arrow carts to scare off an enemy zerg. Nowadays, using siege against a zerg is a joke, especially arrow carts.

I've been playing since the beginning of GW2 and boons have only made WvW worse.

Edited by Silverpoopoo.1476
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, Silverpoopoo.1476 said:

It's made it so that casual players have no chance of competing against dedicated groups. I have seen guild boon balls walk into an EBG keep that is defended by 3x as many pugs, and take it. There's just no competition, which is not fun.

Boons have also made siege much less strategically valuable. It is used to be possible for 1-2 players with arrow carts to scare off an enemy zerg. Nowadays, using siege against a zerg is a joke, especially arrow carts.

I've been playing since the beginning of GW2 and boons have only made WvW worse.

Get a portable boon corrupter, they take some of the sting out of the boon balls. With two or three going, that's covering allot of ground, just make sure you have stab up so you can get in and out. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Silverpoopoo.1476 said:

First: if 60 players can not beat 20 players, then they should try to learn how to fight a boonball. Occasionally you have a really tight, stacked core but in general with 3x the enemies in numbers, it’s totally possible to beat them.

Second: if 2 player can beat a 50‘s zerg, this is super stupid and we should be glad it’s not possible anymore. How can a sane mind defend something like that?

Edited by CafPow.1542
  • Confused 3

12 hours ago, Silverpoopoo.1476 said:

The normal time I log in after work, most of the pugs are old regular players and they know what to do regardless of there being a squad or not. Different log in times, links, or new transfers or whatever can feel like we're just mobs to be farmed. Sometimes you luck out with a great link or host link.

Your siege isn't going to strip their mitigation so there are going to have to be at least a 2 or 3 way split on your side of small to medium groups keeping those targets turning and having to maintain their buffs. Those boon balls have to also be good with fights scaled up or down including the pace which hopefully your side is setting. Even taking out one key part of their core or whoever is policing up their tail can make them scramble a little more with every part of their composition they lose or lose control of, and all of the sudden the clock can be against them while they try to keep their mistakes from snowballing. 

I agree still though. Sometimes all you can do is get your nodes real quick and maybe cover one or two people trying to escape before the lord goes down. 

Edited by kash.9213

On 1/11/2024 at 11:30 PM, Silverpoopoo.1476 said:

It's made it so that casual players have no chance of competing against dedicated groups. I have seen guild boon balls walk into an EBG keep that is defended by 3x as many pugs, and take it after farming for 30 minutes at a time and coming back a few minutes later after the content comes back and rinse/repeat. There's just no competition, which is not fun.

FIFY

On 1/12/2024 at 1:08 AM, CafPow.1542 said:

First: if 60 players can not beat 20 players, then they should try to learn how to fight a boonball. Occasionally you have a really tight, stacked core but in general with 3x the enemies in numbers, it’s totally possible to beat them.

Second: if 2 player can beat a 50‘s zerg, this is super stupid and we should be glad it’s not possible anymore. How can a sane mind defend something like that?

Learn how to fight a BOO BALL?  You mean turn and run?  There are few other alternatives for dealing with some of these BAG Farmers that can even fight comped blobs that are map sized. (Was watching them 2 PUSH the RAWR/KOIN/OJ BG map blob last week)   BOO BALL is in the super saiyan phase of its evolution and the ANet WvW BALANCE team cant even balance a mass scale with two 1kg weights on each side.   DO BETTER CAL, DO BETTER!    

• Like 1

Hey there,

i'm tbh not sure how idea is fresh (or absoluterly not), but why boons couldn't have some sort of cooldowns?
The first option could be fixed, such as some boon triggers cooldown for a specific period of time and if it is removed or corrupted, it still cannot be applied relying on initial timer.
Another option could be linked to timer for time left on boon before corrupting/removing.

23 minutes ago, Krex.3589 said:

Hey there,

i'm tbh not sure how idea is fresh (or absoluterly not), but why boons couldn't have some sort of cooldowns?
The first option could be fixed, such as some boon triggers cooldown for a specific period of time and if it is removed or corrupted, it still cannot be applied relying on initial timer.
Another option could be linked to timer for time left on boon before corrupting/removing.

But what if the the current devs actually want boon spamming.... 🤷‍♂️

• Sad 1