Boonball meta is bad

Ya Ya Yeah.7381

Worst meta yet. Just did some wvw and yep. A little stronger than before, forget about killing the boonball, just run put some damage and escape, nobody dies. I hope someone makes a video of them literally rolling their face on the keyboard while booned up and not dying while doing it, so that Anet gets the picture correctly. 

And now they want 25 dollars to add new weapons to core. Such an insult to the wvw player base.

Edited by Crazy.6029
  • Like 37
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 8

16 minutes ago, Crazy.6029 said:

I hope someone makes a video of them literally rolling their face on the keyboard while booned up and not dying while doing it, so that Anet gets the picture correctly. 

They already run in those boon balls, why would they need any other evidence? 😐

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 8
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

Here is the thing, where is the counter play and balance to this boonball abomination? Are we supposed to bring 25 necros and another 15 warrs and maybe 10 mesmers for a total of 50 in squad just to boon corrupt or rip this mess? Of course not, or you would see it as a counter right now. The only counter is boon ball up to the max with higher numbers. That is it, that is all, just stack boons and then run back and forth over each other in 2-3 giant groups until someone stands in red circles for too long and dies. That is not counter play, that is not balance. The boons should be a CD basis not permanent so that aegis and vigor and regen and res and everything else is always up, so no worries about death, just make sure boon is up, don't even dodge, you won't need it.

The boons need to be able to be stripped or corrupted, right now there is WAY too much output of boons compared to boon removal. Give us please more removal so once that happens the big boon ball has to use their brains and move, dodge, pop damage mitigators or escapes, you know, whatever they want but at least it is back and forth, as in COUNTERPLAY, But that WON'T happen with this perma boon ball meta. What the hec is everyone thinking? Is it just let's all pretend that we are awesome and just PVE boss rush everything? 

Please Anet look at your balance approach, this is just insulting to anyone that actually enjoys COUNTERPLAY, not mindless zerg carry me BOONSBALL meta with no counterplay but more of the same.

• Like 30
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, Crazy.6029 said:

Here is the thing, where is the counter play and balance to this boonball abomination? Are we supposed to bring 25 necros and another 15 warrs and maybe 10 mesmers for a total of 50 in squad just to boon corrupt or rip this mess? Of course not, or you would see it as a counter right now. The only counter is boon ball up to the max with higher numbers. That is it, that is all, just stack boons and then run back and forth over each other in 2-3 giant groups until someone stands in red circles for too long and dies. That is not counter play, that is not balance. The boons should be a CD basis not permanent so that aegis and vigor and regen and res and everything else is always up, so no worries about death, just make sure boon is up, don't even dodge, you won't need it.

The boons need to be able to be stripped or corrupted, right now there is WAY too much output of boons compared to boon removal. Give us please more removal so once that happens the big boon ball has to use their brains and move, dodge, pop damage mitigators or escapes, you know, whatever they want but at least it is back and forth, as in COUNTERPLAY, But that WON'T happen with this perma boon ball meta. What the hec is everyone thinking? Is it just let's all pretend that we are awesome and just PVE boss rush everything? 

Please Anet look at your balance approach, this is just insulting to anyone that actually enjoys COUNTERPLAY, not mindless zerg carry me BOONSBALL meta with no counterplay but more of the same.

Dude, this is what bothers me. People are asking to kill boon ball, but doing it in the most horrific way possible, that will only strenghtening boon balls. Back when you could kill 80 man squads with 20 people (if you were in a good guild) boons was way more powerful, there were even boons that was called resistance, that basically killed any zerker enemy without boons themselves. 

What I am getting at, if you have 20 people, as long as boons are down, the only hope you have is 1 push, which is boring af. Back when they did not nerf dmg and boons, guilds could easily destroy 80 players, because cordination mattered way more than numbers. With the boons 20 players can survive noodle dmg and random throwing of dmg from the blob and untop of that, cut them down 30 players at a time with higher dmg, and more importantly, cordination. Cordinating a spike to a single place all at once, meanwhile surviving the random dmg thrown at them.

.If you remove boons, smaller guilds will never be able to "boon bust", without it being a 1 push, where you hope you somehow survive. If the enemy got 10 scourges vs your 2-3 scourges, your scourges are better at cordinating, so you kill 20 but they lower your scourges hp to 50%, they can just keep going. What matters to the smaller guild is skill, basically can you keep healing/boons up, meanwhile being at the rightp place, and cordinating a spike/bomb. Also it just pushes for boring lazy gameplay. But the smaller group can simply not survive a 1111 from 80 players, simply because they have down time on healing and giving boons, so they just need to overwhelm you with 111 and you die, when healer is off cd and boons are down. 

Basically=numbers matters insanely much now, because less boons and less dmg/longer cd.

Edited by zengara.8301
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Crazy.6029 said:

I hope someone makes a video of them literally rolling their face on the keyboard while booned up and not dying while doing it, so that Anet gets the picture correctly.

Was a video of a guild doing this some years ago roughly when concentration was added to the game into pug zergs and coming out victorious.

It's something they've chosen to ignore for a while.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Brandon Uzumaki.1524 said:

Enchantment Collapse "bug" was a feature, should have stayed in the game hehe.

In the same patch that they buffed boonballs, who would have guessed that they'd accidentally stumble upon the solution through a bug: unlimited boonstrip in both number and target cap. It's a shame they removed that feature so quickly.  

I've said it for a long time and I often repeat it: boonballs are the most boring part of WvW aside from it being empty. In this current meta, the main factor in which group wins a fight is which of the groups has more numbers. Target caps have been nerfed, damage has been nerfed, boonstrips have been nerfed, defense objectives/tactics/participation have been nerfed, heals and boons have been buffed...there's less and less skill involved in largescale WvW with every patch; a group of 30, let alone a disorganized group of 30, can't do much of anything against a half-conscious boonball of 50 in this meta. 

Smallscale (anything from roaming fights to 15ishv15ish) has always been the most fun part of WvW, but it has been steadily getting worse and less common with these changes. Anet needs to 25/90 boonballs before they've made everyone but the largest boonballers quit.

Edited by ZTeamG.4603
a word
  • Like 13
  • Thanks 3

On 6/29/2023 at 9:33 AM, Eekasqueak.7850 said:

They need to stop nerfing boon strip and bring it back up too.

It is impossible for Anet to balance boon spam vs boon strip and they will always favor the boon ball and the pve perma boon easygame, it is the direction of the "good game" they believe in.

A easy way fix would be Anet change skills that dont boon strip to focus con certain boons like we had on gw1 skill that targeted shouts, chants, boons, and others.

For example:

- Mesmer well that steals alacrity and quickness for the mesmer

-A necro wells that nullify Alacrity usage.

- WoD needs also to target quickness besides do what it does.

- Also wards from gw1 would be something interesting to add to the game that do direct effects w/o being boons (WoD kinda works like that), but a class with utils on wards would be nice, i would love DH would lose the traps into wards LOL.

Also for condis, wards and wells where players inside could not suffer from vulnerability, but lame as Anet is they even removed the elite olkd skill from Druid  not sure if they actually know what they are doing, i stoped trust Anet developers  quite along time.

They dont tend to promote CLEVER gameplay but enforce lamer and carry gameplay reason we reached the lamer ONLY BOONS meta.

Edited by Aeolus.3615
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, Aeolus.3615 said:

very true :} i ment minimal changes tho

Well, thats the thing really. 

They cant fix it unless its a complete remake of the entire skill system. And by complete, I really do mean complete. It is as you say, impossible. They would basicly have to blank all the skills, all the traits, all the gear, everything that does anything and start building it up from scratch, making skills that heal just heal, skills that CC just CC, skills that add a boon just add a boon, etc and so on. Everything unique, nothing stackable, no "you get this boon because you got that boon" dependancy traits.

And thats not going to happen, ever.

Heck even such a simple "solution" as just deleting boons period aint gonna happen. 

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

Well, thats the thing really. 

They cant fix it unless its a complete remake of the entire skill system. And by complete, I really do mean complete. It is as you say, impossible. They would basicly have to blank all the skills, all the traits, all the gear, everything that does anything and start building it up from scratch, making skills that heal just heal, skills that CC just CC, skills that add a boon just add a boon, etc and so on. Everything unique, nothing stackable, no "you get this boon because you got that boon" dependancy traits.

And thats not going to happen, ever.

Heck even such a simple "solution" as just deleting boons period aint gonna happen. 

The fail started in PVE mobs  dull  mechanics and since other gamemodes skills envolve arround pve skills, once ANet ruined PVE combat towards just one type of PVE players one completely ruined the entire gamemodes cause skills cant be diferent from gamemode to gamemode, one thing is have diferent quoficients but when one start to made more changes thant that means something in game went totally wrong, the sad part is dev's embraced what is causing all this mess as the way to look forward which is the part i cant understand how dumb one must be, the more they ignore this the harder will be to change.

Still i dont think is totally lost, but the fixes that are needed are complete the oposite of how ANET wants to reward certain players for low effort gameplay.

• Like 1