Pistol in SotO? Rly, Anet?

Ram.5981

On 10/31/2023 at 3:13 PM, Nuldric.1239 said:

Never understood why are people so focused on elementalist=mage, it never was or meant to be classical mage with staves and long casting spells archetype and I love how Anet was creative and broke holy trinity and overused archetypes. Maybe pistol will be fun to play with, maybe not, won't complain before they release at least preview. 

Because Anet's description for the class is literally "Multifaceted spellcasters who command primal forces", I trusted them on that and rolled my first toon as an Ele only to feel so utterly disappointed and cheated later. 

I get what they were doing and it was great when they innovated their original 9 classes to be new and different from the traditional norm at that time. But we have technically 27 new classes now in addition to the original 9, the design space is so vast and yet we still couldn't afford a single traditional mage.

We could do without the long casting time, but we could really use a caster class that can actually use staff. The only magic caster thing that even uses a staff is Mirage and they're gutting it left and right. But I guess it's never going to improve when the balance head stated he's allergic to staff.

• Like 1

It just blows the mind that since Path of Fire we have been extremely consistent in the weapons we wanted.  The community asked for Longbow/shortbow for years now.  Before EoD or SotO where even a concept.  There was also a push for greatsword over hammer...  I know typing in these forums is pointless but please read this and move away from pistol...  Just do it

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

5 minutes ago, Sensations.9507 said:

It just blows the mind that since Path of Fire we have been extremely consistent in the weapons we wanted.  The community asked for Longbow/shortbow for years now.  Before EoD or SotO where even a concept.  There was also a push for greatsword over hammer...  I know typing in these forums is pointless but please read this and move away from pistol...  Just do it

Not just elementalists.  This seemingly blatant ignoring of the community's suggestions and desires permeates every profession.  Dual mace for ranger?  No one ever asked for it, yet there it is.  Whereas shield and OH sword were regularly touted (as well as rifle) by the forum goers.

Nope.  Dual mace.   /smh

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 6/27/2023 at 8:12 PM, Ram.5981 said:

Why can't we get something we've been asking for

We are getting something that we’ve been asking for… its just not what YOU have been asking for. The two most requested weapons for Elementalist are Pistol and Longbow. The only thing annoying about Elementalist getting pistol is that it is mainhand only… Elementalist needs a needs a new offhand too…

Also… just because pistol is midrange for most classes that have it currently doesn’t mean it will be midrange for Elementalist. Elementalist pistol can be long ranged. The only thing that will hold it back is our offhand options being all close and midrange.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

1 minute ago, Panda.1967 said:

We are getting something that we’ve been asking for… its just not what YOU have been asking for. The two most requested weapons for Elementalist are Pistol and Longbow. The only thing annoying about Elementalist getting pistol is that it is mainhand only… Elementalist needs a needs a new offhand too…

Also… just because pistol is midrange for most classes that have it currently doesn’t mean it will be midrange for Elementalist. Elementalist pistol can be long ranged. The only thing that will hold it back is our offhand options being all close and midrange.

We all know how it'll end though. MELEE RANGE PISTOL LET'S GO!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, TrollingDemigod.3041 said:

We all know how it'll end though. MELEE RANGE PISTOL LET'S GO!

That's true for every class in the game regardless of weapons in content that needs you on the boss for mechanics or something. Mechanics define an engagement. You can't be 2000 range away from everything in all engagements all of the time. That doesn't mean pistol won't be designed as a ranged weapon.