Weaponmaster Training Beta Feedback: Mesmer

Rubi Bayer.8493

• ArenaNet Staff

The Weaponmaster Training beta event for Secrets of the Obscure is open to all Guild Wars 2 players from June 29 until July 2! Try out the combat changes that are coming with SotO on August 22 and let us know what you think. You can leave your feedback for the mesmer in this thread.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 7

Can we have a thread for the last balance patch as well? (Edited: I think for most of us, that's probably more important than upcoming new features) I know you're probably not going to read it, but I suppose one can hope, or at least make it more likely that you might try to read. (And act. Yeah just reading without actions is not very helpful)

Edited by godfat.2604
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 6
  • Confused 3

Use this thread to talk about the NEW stuff to come that you have to PAY for in the newest expansion! No, don't talk about all the other stuff we just ruined USE THIS TO TALK ABOUT THE NEW STUFF GUYS PLEASE GET HYPED AND BUY OUR EXPANSION

• Like 6
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 8
  • Confused 2

4 hours ago, Rubi Bayer.8493 said:

Try out the combat changes that are coming with SotO on August 22 and let us know what you think. You can leave your feedback for the mesmer in this thread.

Assuming they haven't thoughtfully been corrected with the upcoming content. Does that feedback include any of the already well documented bugs/behaviors that are currently present that we might not see resolved?

• Like 6

5 hours ago, Rubi Bayer.8493 said:

The Weaponmaster Training beta event for Secrets of the Obscure is open to all Guild Wars 2 players from June 29 until July 2! Try out the combat changes that are coming with SotO on August 22 and let us know what you think. You can leave your feedback for the mesmer in this thread.

Yes, let's leave feedback that goes unnoticed and nothing changes.  Don't waste your time or our time with your shenanigans.  And I don't mean you directly, I mean CMC and team.  We wasted countless time going over Mirage and Virtuoso when asked but the polar opposite was done when post after post was made on how broken certain aspects of these designs were.  But yet, they made it through only to be utterly gutted later on.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

5 hours ago, Rubi Bayer.8493 said:

Will there be a patch before tomorrow that addresses some/all of the new bugs introduced to Mesmer with the June 27th patch?  Or will the Beta environment 'fix' them?

I can't be bothered to log in for a beta event when the base game is basically in a beta state right now.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

@Rubi Bayer.8493 You need to fix everything that's gone so wrong with mirage after this last patch! There's so many bugs which affects skills, graphics, and Mirages dodge in different modes. Plus Mirage is too weak now with even more nerfs that the balance team gave it. Revert our dodge for PvE first of all, and let us dodge when we're immob in competetive modes.

Fix these things and we can surely give you guys more feedback for Weaponmaster Training Beta!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

What is the point of asking for feedback if the dev's choose to ignore us anyways and release the past years worth of patches that pissed us all off.  Seriously though the past year+ alone with cal and roy have caused the most damage ever done by any balancing.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 5

As if any feedback coming from the Mesmer thread is going to be taken seriously...I mean did they take it seriously with Virtuoso...? I don't think so. At this point ANET Devs stop trying to pretend you guys aren't bias towards Mesmer, instead of capitalizing on one of the most unique classes in the MMO genre you decide to gut it because people are too ignorant to learn how this class actually plays out. I can tell you this ANY MESMER MAIN HERE can tell you that they have no problems versing a Mesmer. 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

Really would like to see the stats dev's use to figure out if a buff or nerf is in order, mirage confusion was only high on maybe 1-2 encounters? by the top 1% performer guilds, for most of us or casuals who will never get even close to it.  Makes zero sense for us all to suffer the result of that.  I really liked twin staff mirage for the low intensity open world champ kills or to help carry  HoT hp's for people.  Now mesmer is a bank mule until something gives.  If the reason for the massive nerf was due to the staff/axe? build, maybe boost it back to full for staff/staff, and give a minor nerf to staff/axe. Alac needs to be fixed also to the version before the last huge nerf.  Do not mind running 30% boon duration but full ritualist feels horrible.

Edited by Mike.7983
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Salt Mode.3780 said:

As if any feedback coming from the Mesmer thread is going to be taken seriously...I mean did they take it seriously with Virtuoso...? I don't think so.

/sarcasm on

Now, they did give us back the 2nd dodge (along with 15 unnecesary nerfs) after 750 posts in a thread.

If we post continuously for 2 years about 1 issue, they might listen, you never know! 😅

/sarcasm off

In all seriousness, @Rubi Bayer.8493, you need to heavily work towards gaining community's trust again because this fiasco has been going on for years, and it's only going to get worse as you introduce more weapons per core/elite. Add to that the pretty blatantly obvious hatred towards the most unique class in any MMO, and the fact that all the feedback - including the most recent one that a LOT of people gave on this patch - got ignored completely, and you really have to ask yourselves there at Anet - why would anyone take you seriously?

And it's still "good" when people are this angry, enough to post, because they still care.

But you can't year after year make people angry with constant unprofessionalism, biased balancing etc. People will stop being angry and just won't care. You're seeing the effects of it right now And it's not just mesmer mains, and mesmer forums. This time, a lot of people are giving up, across all professions. Because people are memeing in the thread instead of actually wanting to help.

Because that's what you're asking us. You want OUR help. Our TIME. And then spit on it by no one ever giving us their own slice of time to at least post in the forum - personally - to either thank us, or discuss their ideas with us. Acknowledge our contribution in any way. It's just ignored at best, or gone completely against common sense at worst.

Year after year.

And we gave you feedback.

Year after year.

And now - most people just don't care anymore.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 9

These comments speak volumes about how the current Mesmer community feels. We've given you so much input for balance and yet have been ignored and yet now we're asked for input?! Where is the proof that you're actually listening to us? Otherwise, just like all of the input many of us have given over balance, this is a waste of all of our time.

Your game isn't hurting because of content it is hurting due to biases in class balance.

Edited by Jojo.6590
Grammar
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Veprovina.4876 said:

/sarcasm on

Now, they did give us back the 2nd dodge (along with 15 unnecesary nerfs) after 750 posts in a thread.

If we post continuously for 2 years about 1 issue, they might listen, you never know! 😅

/sarcasm off

In all seriousness, @Rubi Bayer.8493, you need to heavily work towards gaining community's trust again because this fiasco has been going on for years, and it's only going to get worse as you introduce more weapons per core/elite. Add to that the pretty blatantly obvious hatred towards the most unique class in any MMO, and the fact that all the feedback - including the most recent one that a LOT of people gave on this patch - got ignored completely, and you really have to ask yourselves there at Anet - why would anyone take you seriously?

And it's still "good" when people are this angry, enough to post, because they still care.

But you can't year after year make people angry with constant unprofessionalism, biased balancing etc. People will stop being angry and just won't care. You're seeing the effects of it right now And it's not just mesmer mains, and mesmer forums. This time, a lot of people are giving up, across all professions. Because people are memeing in the thread instead of actually wanting to help.

Because that's what you're asking us. You want OUR help. Our TIME. And then spit on it by no one ever giving us their own slice of time to at least post in the forum - personally - to either thank us, or discuss their ideas with us. Acknowledge our contribution in any way. It's just ignored at best, or gone completely against common sense at worst.

Year after year.

And we gave you feedback.

Year after year.

And now - most people just don't care anymore.

BINGO. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

51 minutes ago, Zarathustra.1458 said:

Can we be offered a token "Balance" team member to sacrifice to the volcano Gods? I mean at this point, you managed to shaft three Mesmer Elite Specs in a single patch! That has to be a new level of nitwittery and only an offering of appeasement will satisfy...

I'm just gonna go play some Egyptian card game. 

At least I'd get a God on the field when 3 of my things are shafted.

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

There was a lot of feedback and yet no changes to the patch. Bladeturn Requiem is useless, dagger autoattack does more damage than #2 and #3 in WvW. Why provide feedback if no one listens anyways and then makes stuff even worse?

• Like 9
  • Thanks 4