Thief came out good from this patch.

HeliosMagi.9867

A lot of other professions have a ton to complain about from this patch (RIP Mukluk's Druid and my Berserker's Arc Divider) but Thief seems to have managed to dodge any major upheavals. Power Daredevil got its Staff skills buffed, we don't need to backstab to deal full damage to bosses anymore, Deadeye got a Quickness build that's really easy to use, applying Alacrity as a Spectre is a lot less annoying now, and Heal Spectre might actually be viable now (All-Thief Meme Party might actually be good now!?) Mind you this is coming from a PvE main that only dabbles in competitive modes, and I don't play every possible build of a given class, but from what I experienced Thief mains should be unironically happy this patch.

• Like 5
  • Confused 1

I agree. Although we have to keep in mind that thieves did Not participate in many previous buff rounds. Therefore, IT might be justified that we did Not Receive a Nerf hammer this time.

Overall I am quite Happy with the new Balance Route. For a Long time there was No theory crafting possible, because the balance Patches Had No real Impact. But this Changed for the better.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, HeliosMagi.9867 said:

A lot of other professions have a ton to complain about from this patch (RIP Mukluk's Druid and my Berserker's Arc Divider) but Thief seems to have managed to dodge any major upheavals. Power Daredevil got its Staff skills buffed, we don't need to backstab to deal full damage to bosses anymore, Deadeye got a Quickness build that's really easy to use, applying Alacrity as a Spectre is a lot less annoying now, and Heal Spectre might actually be viable now (All-Thief Meme Party might actually be good now!?) Mind you this is coming from a PvE main that only dabbles in competitive modes, and I don't play every possible build of a given class, but from what I experienced Thief mains should be unironically happy this patch.

Trust EcK's thief only guild / community is well aware

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I think I actually enjoy PvE Deadeye for the first time ever so far. Instant Mark and super fast stolen skill use is a absolutely massive QoL buff that makes it so much more fun and Steal Time stacks up so much between kills that it kinda compensates for not being able to use Quickness OOC. Having a simple AA+Cloak Backstab rotation like the Pre-Trinity core Thief days is nice too.

I also get to save an Equipment template for something else since DPS/Alac Specter have basically merged into something stronger than both.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Doggie.3184 said:

I also get to save an Equipment template for something else since DPS/Alac Specter have basically merged into something stronger than both.

Better not get too used to this. This should and will be nerfed. Faster the better. And thats comming from player who plays only thief for 10 years.

2 days after the update and many LFG demand only thieves as alac, when I join as other spec I am instantly pushed into specter, and when I joined strikes today I was doing it with 4 other specters. I remember times when thief was excluded from content, I do not wish it upon other players. And being all that powerfull with almost no rotation or effort is really not fun to play. At least for me. 😕

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BobbyT.7192 said:

1.25s seems like alittle heavy hand

That's going to need about 60% boon duration to get back up to 2s

Full ritualist with concentration food gives 51.4% 😩

EDIT: Whoops, that was a concentration utility and torment food

Edited by SoftPup.3048

This is totally a pve buff because in competitive modes, it's asinine. How many npc's complained to have immob work only on a marked target and knock down completely removed from binding shadows? And why all the gutting of deadly arts and acro lines? Who are these npc's that are complaining and where do they do it?

NO. This was yet another nerf to the thief in competitive modes.

• Like 2

I'm at the point where I view every balance update where thief didn't get nerfed in some more or less questionable way as a positive but I didn't want to say anything because the moment they said that nerfing DE has been on their agenda for "quite some time" I knew something like this:

it’s clear that additional reductions will be needed

was coming. Notice: "reductions" plural, which makes it clear that they just want to use the support build as a pretext to finally go after the more damage focused ones.

• Like 1

Specter was badly randomly nerfed everytime, seems to me that the balance team never understood the original game designer goal, he created one of the best spec ever, with great potential and an original design but every patch they messed up everything  good the designer did , leading this spec to become flat and increasingly similar to the mechanics of the others

• Like 3

1 hour ago, NaramSin.2693 said:

Specter was badly randomly nerfed everytime, seems to me that the balance team never understood the original game designer goal, he created one of the best spec ever, with great potential and an original design but every patch they messed up everything  good the designer did , leading this spec to become flat and increasingly similar to the mechanics of the others

Like infiltraters arrow able to be the only skill to get inside keeps in wvw...nope

And ricochet ... rip ricochet (yall membah)

• Sad 2

Specter is still kitten..

18 hours ago, NaramSin.2693 said:

i 100% agree

• Like 1