Daily "Put Arc Divider Back" post until CmC notices or I get a suspension any% speedrun [Merged]

• Azure The Heartless.3261 changed the title to Daily "Put Arc Divider Back" post until CmC notices or I get a suspension any% speedrun

i don't dislike the new 1-hit arc divider, but the old 3-hit one was definitely better.

honestly the 3-hit one needed was higher coefficients.

but i suppose replacing it with a 1-hit one that doesn't even hit as hard and retaining the long windup, makes sense to them.

definitely doesn't make sense to the people who play and love the class.

they've historically claimed disconnect, well the disconnect is real indeed.

that said i don't dislike the patch, lots of good things to be said, but we're progressing at snail's pace, the fact that gs, axes, sword and even lb, didn't receive cdr they should've gotten are very strong indicators. these and other telltale signs.

i just don't have more years to waste waiting, and no more trust in them to make right by warrior.

i guess its my own fault for loving and dedicating myself to the class, and the game.

there are lots of other things to do, its about time to look to better things to commit to.

Edited by eXruina.4956
  • Confused 3

9 minutes ago, Aaron.1294 said:

@eXruina.4956they gave it higher coef before and it didn't help. They always have problem with balancing multiple hitting skills espec when 3 hits don't have separated dmg

other classes have things that hit just as hard or way harder and easier to land, from a long range.

from a balance perspective, its really off how restrictive they are on a melee skill, that is restricted by adrenaline, and a mode, and has a telegraph.

with all the parameters required and melee limitations it should be evidently stronger and more rewarding.

Edited by eXruina.4956
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

@eXruina.4956but that's the thing - these skills aren't multiple hitting they're one single hit skills dat deal enormous dmg bcuz anet for some reason believes that when something hits multiple times it's going to deal same dmg as these one hitting skills and in the process making these skills awful example - blooming fire/100blades :I

• Like 1

Even to the non warrior mains this change is so kittened up.

Was there a legitimate reason for it? Like someone said it removes enemy aegis on 1st hit so other 2 hits land.

They can't have seriously changed the animation just for that

Edited by MysteryDude.1572
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, MysteryDude.1572 said:

Even to the non warrior mains this change is so kittened up.

Was there a legitimate reason for it? Like someone said it removes enemy aegis on 1st hit so other 2 hits land.

They can't have seriously changed the animation just for that

They changed it for PvE Golem benchmark rotation reasons.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

The spin is gross and if nothing else should monitor berserker pick rates for pve and consider aegis access in pvp before deciding which route you take. 

Berserker has been hurting for a while, and while the changes to this point have been thoughtful for the most part, arc divider was neither overperforming so much it needed a nerf, nor underperforming so hard it needed its damage consolidated.

Put it back~ 

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261
  • Like 4
  • Confused 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have used warrior as pve main with greatsword since day 1 and accumulated 9600+ hours on it, but with every day found it increasingly harder to be wanted in fractal/raid/strike groups, who usually would prefer boon dpsers and other classes that bring extra support/synergy buffs to the group. Doing bosses you constantly have to move away from them in order to do certain mechanics and just a sitting duck doing nothing for half of the time. At this point the only viable option of using warrior was playing open world, but since you get punished everywhere for being a melee class, only okish dps was balancing it. But now there's absolutely not a single reason to be playing it. If you took a look, you'd realize that 90%+ of players are ranged classes. This said, melee in pve already was garbage due to many reasons that doesn't let you effectively deal constant dmg, so I personally switched to an mesmer last year and don't even regret it. Best choice I ever made in this game. It will obliterate everything on your screen with perm condi spam, especially if you learn to properly choose your targets (usually mobs that are way further) for that massive aoe dmg. Also it's super easy to play and it feels that my efficiency improved nearly double due to several abilities that lets you do much more for your team and actually being able to carry in many instances. GG anet for killing warrior just as you did support guard in wvw on which I got to 6k rank and never touched since that nerf. Keep it up!

• Thanks 2

Put

Arc

Divider

Back.

You gave all the classes Aegis and blind so now Arc divider suffers the same crippling weakness all the other warrior moves suffer in pvp, and it doesnt hit for enough to make up for that drawback (in pvp).

Plus it looks worse.

Why do reworks actively make warrior worse while catapulting classes that don't need it so far to the top of the meta that they have to get triple patched just to become managable?

Why'd you change it? nobody asked for this.

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261
  • Like 3
  • Confused 4

On 7/1/2023 at 6:10 AM, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

If you @ him he will notice, but the forum mods will reprimand you at some point.

Ask my how I know.

I see they locked and also hid your unsummon patch notes thread now as well. 

Is there moderators following you? What have you done xD 
So there is a moderator in the Warrior forums, hey mod, tell them Anet needs another new balance team, we already had the last guy in that discord group calling for "salt" are the new people any different? 

2 hours ago, Gorem.8104 said:

I see they locked and also hid your unsummon patch notes thread now as well. 

Is there moderators following you? What have you done xD 
So there is a moderator in the Warrior forums, hey mod, tell them Anet needs another new balance team, we already had the last guy in that discord group calling for "salt" are the new people any different? 

That is freaking funny. Pretty sure I do have a mod that has me on a list. They do seem to play favorites.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Yes! bring back 3-hit Arc Divider!!
Other people have already posted plenty of gameplay reasons why it is preferable, but I just want to reiterate:
3-hit spin was fun, felt cool, and made me feel powerful (even when the numbers weren't the highest).
Didn't the balance team explicitly state that fun and good feels are a top-priority for them?

ps. While we're at it: should we start a daily thread to give Hundred Blades the Flurry treatment? When I made my first GW2 toon years ago,  I figured Warrior GS must be the coolest feeling in a MMORPG ever, seeing GW2's epic combat gameplay. Instead it was awkward as skritts and made me main a Guardian for years. #sadtimes

1 hour ago, Eclipse.2543 said:

Yes! bring back 3-hit Arc Divider!!
Other people have already posted plenty of gameplay reasons why it is preferable, but I just want to reiterate:
3-hit spin was fun, felt cool, and made me feel powerful (even when the numbers weren't the highest).
Didn't the balance team explicitly state that fun and good feels are a top-priority for them?

ps. While we're at it: should we start a daily thread to give Hundred Blades the Flurry treatment? When I made my first GW2 toon years ago,  I figured Warrior GS must be the coolest feeling in a MMORPG ever, seeing GW2's epic combat gameplay. Instead it was awkward as skritts and made me main a Guardian for years. #sadtimes

HB just needs a 2s cast time.

Ah give it up guys, they’re not gonna change it, and I for one am glad. I didn’t play Berserk GS in PvP before (triple spin was just incredibly slow and low damage, no point trying to might pump it or anything because you’ll never land the full channel), but now I’m actually getting great use out of it (deleting teamfights).