Daily "Put Arc Divider Back" post until CmC notices or I get a suspension any% speedrun [Merged]

15 minutes ago, Eclipse.2543 said:

Saying from the perspective of someone else "with decent mechanical ability" (#notaboast), I really don't care wether the skill became more viable in PvP, my beef is that many in the #3spins crowd just felt incredibly cool in PvE or wherever going absolutely ham with their kitten sword, swinging like a maniac like someone who's actually going kitten berserk.

Bright idea: make a trait for PvPers that changes  the Chad3spin to the superefficient-bookwurm-1spin, for the PvP gods that want that. 

Also, maybe don't tell a community they don't know what they're talking about when you don't have any idea why they're saying what they're saying, or what is important for them to enjoy the game ❤️

@ProverbsofHell.2307, bro you're a PvP god now!

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, NeverLoseGuy.3894 said:

How about...

three spins with each hit using the number of the current version? Now that would be really OP.

Nah i just want to clear adds or clear an aegis and still put out 2-4k, instead of glancing for 1k because i got weakness put on me mid strike.

2.3ishk per strike is fine.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 7/6/2023 at 7:54 PM, Endaris.1452 said:

Except even the PvE golem benchmarkers don't like it from all I know as the change is a noticeable dps loss.

Its also more carpal tunnel gameplay. I think they could at the very least give greatsword some QoL buffs in another area to make up for it, like maybe try self-slow instead of self-root in GS2? It shouldn't be hard to find some way to help greatsword as a base warrior weapon, its a bit of an awkward weapon and a lot of its fun came from the triple spin, without that it just feels like dual axes but a lot more bland and boring.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

tbh Greatsword has always struck me as something more of a utility weapon, namely the one focusing on sustain and mobility when traited right. Aside from burst skills and gs2, the rest of the kits all involve some kind of movement skills. Even auto attack gives you might, which with MMR, provides you sustain.

8 hours ago, NeverLoseGuy.3894 said:

tbh Greatsword has always struck me as something more of a utility weapon, namely the one focusing on sustain and mobility when traited right. Aside from burst skills and gs2, the rest of the kits all involve some kind of movement skills. Even auto attack gives you might, which with MMR, provides you sustain.

Sure

3 strike burst helps proc cleansing~

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

https://youtu.be/D-_Z4PNdqGQ?si=Wav0Ic9KagNrPALH 3 strikes meant you could actually pressure enemies especially if they have stability.         Long ago the true power of this 3 strikes was unleashed. https://youtu.be/HyytJyAHDJI?si=mb1n9xphOXyiFZAq

Edited by prototypedragon.1406
3 spin to win a prize, orange slice trade for blue dyes?
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

The only people I'm seeing that don't want 3 spins on arc divider are the people who aren't (and were never) actually even using arc divider.

If it's a pvp/wvw balance issue as some people have been suggesting, bring back 3 spins and balance it for those game modes! If it's not a competitive balance issue, who even actually wanted this?

• Confused 2

4 hours ago, BANNED.9527 said:

If it's a pvp/wvw balance issue as some people have been suggesting, bring back 3 spins and balance it for those game modes! If it's not a competitive balance issue, who even actually wanted this?

It needed nerfing in wvw for a long time, the high critical damage cap is still too high when compared to other comparable bombs. The main issues & problem is that hackers have been using it on perma-stealth warriors in zerg fights (cant see them coming, not visible after attacking, and really really hard to detect even with footage). Still needs more balancing to stop hackers abusing the really high wvw critical damage on their perma-stealth wvw warriors. Bring it into balance with comparable DPS bombs (like Soulbeast merged Offense Pet F3).

Edited by hugeboss.5432

4 hours ago, hugeboss.5432 said:

It needed nerfing in wvw for a long time, the high critical damage cap is still too high when compared to other comparable bombs. The main issues & problem is that hackers have been using it on perma-stealth warriors in zerg fights (cant see them coming, not visible after attacking, and really really hard to detect even with footage). Still needs more balancing to stop hackers abusing the really high wvw critical damage on their perma-stealth wvw warriors. Bring it into balance with comparable DPS bombs (like Soulbeast merged Offense Pet F3).

Even is in these scenarios, the correct solutions would have been to actually deal with hackers and to maybe to balance numbers afterwards (which would mean numbers go up, not down, for most things on Warrior).

Deleting a good-feeling ability and replacing it with an orange whiff is not even distantly related to the correct solutions.

Orange whiff has just been a cheap way to go about it, that just reeks of "eh, it's just Warrior, we don't care".

It's not even like Burst abilities actually hit harder than a lot of things other profession can do with less hoops to jump through. The ongoing nerf-and-neglect train they strapped Warrior onto made sure of that.

Edited by Fueki.4753
  • Thanks 5
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, hugeboss.5432 said:

That is a culling issue and not something the warrior itself was doing. Also, we shouldn't be balancing based on what hackers do anyway.

• Thanks 4
  • Confused 1

21 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

That is a culling issue and not something the warrior itself was doing. Also, we shouldn't be balancing based on what hackers do anyway.

There is a good probability that the design team dont see it that way. 

Im certain they keep these numbers somewhere, and if the numbers look bloated its more then likley that they balance based off this.

12 hours ago, hugeboss.5432 said:

It needed nerfing in wvw for a long time, the high critical damage cap is still too high when compared to other comparable bombs. The main issues & problem is that hackers have been using it on perma-stealth warriors in zerg fights (cant see them coming, not visible after attacking, and really really hard to detect even with footage). Still needs more balancing to stop hackers abusing the really high wvw critical damage on their perma-stealth wvw warriors. 

Yknow what?

I'm above it. 

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261
  • Confused 2