Should we have more Pulls?

Xperiment.6923

Just played a Dragon Hunter...wow! The ability to drop a trap then pull mobs into the trap was so satisfying! Really wish we had more pulls then the 1 spellbreaker grandmaster..I think then the pull only works if player is running away. Course then were missing the whole trap thing....

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

I always thought sword 4 skill should have a chain attached that flips over to a pull. 

either pulls the enemy towards you or you pull yourself towards.

Or the leap skill on berseker drags mobs together like Rev malynx skill.

its so annoying seeing mobs fly apart 

Swap Thief's Scorpion Wire with Throw Bolas. It doesn't make a lot of sense for Thief to have Scorpion Wire, knowing that in PvP, you don't have the luxury of face-tanking an opponent so chances that you will be disengaging are pretty high, and in that context why would you even want to PULL an enemy onto you when your goal is to run away before they put you down? Having Throw Bolas on Thief would allow the versatility of either stalling an opponent or preventing them from escaping as you Shadowstep your way to stab them in the face.

Meanwhile, Warrior benefits greatly from Scorpion Wire, especially because your majority of attacks are going to be in melee range, and unless you're running Rune of Lynx for example, you are not going to be able to chase down anyone, so having that allows you to close the gap and slap their ugly faces before they could get away. You could say it also makes no sense if a Warrior is trying to disengage but I'm going to be honest, why would you run away as a Warrior?

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

3 hours ago, NeverLoseGuy.3894 said:

Swap Thief's Scorpion Wire with Throw Bolas. It doesn't make a lot of sense for Thief to have Scorpion Wire, knowing that in PvP, you don't have the luxury of face-tanking an opponent so chances that you will be disengaging are pretty high, and in that context why would you even want to PULL an enemy onto you when your goal is to run away before they put you down? Having Throw Bolas on Thief would allow the versatility of either stalling an opponent or preventing them from escaping as you Shadowstep your way to stab them in the face.

Meanwhile, Warrior benefits greatly from Scorpion Wire, especially because your majority of attacks are going to be in melee range, and unless you're running Rune of Lynx for example, you are not going to be able to chase down anyone, so having that allows you to close the gap and slap their ugly faces before they could get away. You could say it also makes no sense if a Warrior is trying to disengage but I'm going to be honest, why would you run away as a Warrior?

Actually you just solved my pvp thief problem tnx!
My pistol/dagger condi thief needs scorpion wire!

As for warrior I already suggested way back when to add pull to Rip (offhand sword 4 follow up skill).
Just tie a bloody rope to it than once it's nicely lodged in victim's guts, give it a good 'ol yank!

• Haha 1

Yes. Our whole kit synergies with pulls and then we have none. We have knockbacks instead, which don’t work well with a full melee class.

The best place for this is hammer, which can be reworked to focus on pulls instead of knock back and knockdown. This is in line with how hammers were used historically. (I’m basically just repeating a hammer rework thread I made that’s in my profile). Also add a block to hammer, and shift some skills to be damaging instead of CC, and you’ll have an actually balanced and viable 2h more so than it is now imo.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, oscuro.9720 said:

Yes. Our whole kit synergies with pulls and then we have none. We have knockbacks instead, which don’t work well with a full melee class.

The best place for this is hammer, which can be reworked to focus on pulls instead of knock back and knockdown. This is in line with how hammers were used historically. (I’m basically just repeating a hammer rework thread I made that’s in my profile). Also add a block to hammer, and shift some skills to be damaging instead of CC, and you’ll have an actually balanced and viable 2h more so than it is now imo.

Hammer 4 turned into a polearm style hook and pull.

Bladetrail pulls on it's return.

Throw Bolas gains a flipover to pull foes, now hits three targets and pulls three targets.

Seismic Leap on Rampage pulls like the Rev leap.

Stomp pulls instead of launches.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Hammer 4 turned into a polearm style hook and pull.

Bladetrail pulls on it's return.

Throw Bolas gains a flipover to pull foes, now hits three targets and pulls three targets.

Seismic Leap on Rampage pulls like the Rev leap.

Stomp pulls instead of launches.

Move hammer 4 to 5, make it aoe pull

Make hammer 4 a block that hits nearby foes, granting might per foe hit (like scrapper hammer block, but might). 

make hammer 3 a ground target, 450 range pull that hits 3 targets (think a shorter range, faster version of necro GS)

Burst skill now deals damage instead of stun over a 150 radius.

Hammer 2 now hits 3 targets.

Now you have 2x pull, more balanced damage, and an additional defensive utility.

Everything you said I agree with though. Blade trail pull would be unreliable but incredibly funny. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

You want more Rush's? Not me.

*shrugs

Rush, not so much.  S-speed would mean you have options in positioning and catch-up, it's useable in all modes and many builds, and not negated by stability like pulls are.. yeah, I wouldn't mind that, especially if getting the s-speed isn't contingent on the skill hitting.  I'd like more opportunity to take advantage of the times I knock my opponent around.  Players especially bounce around like they've had 12 espressos, and my weak charr legs have difficulty keeping up sometimes (esp since Rush and Bull's Charge have inconvenient CDs).

~EpWa

Edited by EphemeralWallaby.7643

On 7/5/2023 at 3:55 AM, eXruina.4956 said:

i've always wanted it, seriously i think scorpion wire was supposed to be a warrior skill but they shortchanged us to throw bolas. 🤣

Add a second ability on bolas that if they hit you you get a skill flip and it becomes a 600 pull. Then it might be more interesting.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, eXruina.4956 said:

hush lan, don't be too picky, i'll take more rush any day.

Even if they bug out 75% of the time? (okay 50% but still that is even too high)

and if they start giving us teleports, booyah!!

With more than 300 range?

well 1.2k range flying kicks would be appreciated too 😁

I hear Dragonhunter gives you wings.

• Haha 2

On 7/5/2023 at 1:49 AM, Xperiment.6923 said:

Just played a Dragon Hunter...wow! The ability to drop a trap then pull mobs into the trap was so satisfying! Really wish we had more pulls then the 1 spellbreaker grandmaster..I think then the pull only works if player is running away. Course then were missing the whole trap thing....

Yeah we need more gap closer other than bulls charge

• Thanks 3
  • Confused 1