Wizard Tower = Palace of the Dead FF14/Torghast WoW

If you have played FF14 you might have an idea of what I am talking about when I say this game could use a palace of the dead.  WoW tried to incorporate this during shadowlands with Torghast with some success as well.  I feel like dungeons  have not aged well in the current game, and having a repeatable Potd/Torghast like dungeon grinder could be exciting.  What do you think?  Am I way off bases, or could this work?  

• Like 3
  • Confused 9
  • Sad 1

15 minutes ago, Reaper.5698 said:

Wizard Tower = Palace of the Dead FF14/Torghast WoW

Wizard Tower = The Lord of the Rings since 1954? 😁 Also:
Wizard Tower = tons of (A)D&D p&p campaigns as well as computer games since 1973 😉

I love Wizard Tower adventures. 🙂  But I highly doubt this will be a dungeon crawl in SotO.

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4

I think it could go up to 5 player party, but you could solo it if you wanted (scale difficulty).  It could have long term rewards like achievements, mounts, skins, and title ext.  maybe make a CM mode😉

Edited by Reaper.5698
Clarification
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Isn’t the tower confirmed to be an outpost - ie the SoTo hub equivalent of EoTN, Arborstone etc?

“Two explorable zones and the Wizard’s Tower outpost, floating high above the Tyrian coast, will be available at launch. In the releases that will follow every few months, a third explorable zone will open in conjunction with the ongoing story that plays out.”

• Like 5

FFXIV palace of the dead, heaven on high and the newest eureka orthos are fantastic additions to the game. Long term content for glam, mounts and other goodies. As well as the goal of solo clearing. It's good fun with friends tho also. 

Something like that could be fun. Actually make people think about their skills and how best to use them since mobs are a real threat! I rather doubt it will ever happen, but we can dream. In the meantime I need to do four runs of eureka to get my new tiger mount. It's so pretty.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

23 minutes ago, Omega.6801 said:

Haven't played either but when I hear repeatable 5 player dungeon grinder I think Fractals.

In ffxiv it is up to 4 man, but you can go solo. You get items from chests that have various affects. Such as turning all mobs on that floor to stone, turning you into a manticore, buffing your atk or defence. Other chests buff the armour and weapon level as these are separate from normal gear in this mode. You can go into palace very early in game, you do not need to be max level and it's a really nice way to level alt jobs actually. I can swap job and go in at level 1. 

There are hidden chests on floors you can find for loot, every 10 floors has a boss after it. Mobs have their own unique mechanics and get progressively more lethal as you go deeper into the dungeon. The title for soloing palace of the dead, necromancer, I believe is more rare than even some ultimate titles. The rarest loot from these dungeons are very expensive so it's hype to get them, but they don't feel nearly so elusive as things like infusions do in gw2. Oh and also if you wipe you start over from the beginning. So you can imagine the stress when you step on a lure trap that spawns a dozen angry mobs on you during a solo run when you are nearing the end of the dungeon. It's great!

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/14/2023 at 9:32 PM, HeliosMagi.9867 said:

An equivalent to Deep Dungeons would be fantastic. Especially if they're designed to be possible to solo like they are in FFXIV, I've been craving challenging solo endgame content for a long time now.

Yeah, something like that would be nice.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

On 7/14/2023 at 8:32 PM, HeliosMagi.9867 said:

An equivalent to Deep Dungeons would be fantastic. Especially if they're designed to be possible to solo like they are in FFXIV, I've been craving challenging solo endgame content for a long time now.

watch lord hizen's YouTube he solo's all the latest fractals and stuff maybe try to replicate that? XD no this message is not sponsored. I'm just a baka on the internet XD

• Confused 2

On 7/5/2023 at 6:22 PM, Randulf.7614 said:

Isn’t the tower confirmed to be an outpost - ie the SoTo hub equivalent of EoTN, Arborstone etc?

“Two explorable zones and the Wizard’s Tower outpost, floating high above the Tyrian coast, will be available at launch. In the releases that will follow every few months, a third explorable zone will open in conjunction with the ongoing story that plays out.”

I wonder what will be required for Wizard Tower Revitilizatoin to unlock vendors, gates, and crafting stations inside it.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1