The mystery around Evennia

Anvar.5673

The disparition of Evennia is one of the biggests mysteries of the Guild Wars license.

How such a very important character can disaspear overnight without leaving a trace ?

9 years ago on official forums a guy suspected Menzies to be behind her disparition.

Since the developpers want us to dig in the old mysteries of Tyria, is Secrets of the Obscure the expansion in where we will know the truth about the fate of Evennia ?

As you fight back against Kryptis invaders from the Mists, you’ll uncover the answers to mysteries that have haunted Tyria from the time of the original Guild Wars®.

Edited by Anvar.5673
typo
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Anvar.5673 said:

The disparition of Evennia is one of the biggests mysteries of the Guild Wars license.

How such a very important character can disaspear overnight without leaving a trace ?

9 years ago on official forums a guy suspected Menzies to be behind her disparition.

Since the developpers want us to dig in the old mysteries of Tyria, is Secrets of the Obscure the expansion in where we will know the truth about the fate of Evennia ?

Evennia is most definitely dead, as she was being forced to camp outside of the city limits by Adelbern who refused to meet with her because she was Krytan.

If she wasn't purposefully allowed to be killed by Charr attacks or other elements, it's very likely that he "arrested" her like he tried doing to the other Krytan in early Post searing prophecies and had her locked up or killed.

• Like 3

Evennia was very likely hanged by King Adelbern according to GW2 lore.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Open_Letters

My brothers and sisters from Ascalon, you know my history. I fought with you against the charr! I bled with you, I wept with you as the once-great country was consumed by the ravenous beasts. And this is not the first time the White Mantle aided Ascalon in their fight with the charr. Generations ago, Zain the Merciful brought food and clothing for your countrymen. What did the Shining Blade send? Assassins, who your king had hanged from Ascalon City! Join me, and the White Mantle will reclaim your home from the charr, and we shall form a grand human empire the likes of which has never been seen before! —Lord Caudecus Beetlestone
Edited by Sajuuk Khar.1509
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Sajuuk Khar.1509 said:

Evennia was very likely hanged by King Adelbern according to GW2 lore.

Oh Gods. I hope it's just some separatists' fakes news from Caudecus than real things. It would be a nonsense that a such important character (the 2nd most important one in the governement of Queen Salma) could die like that without any other hints.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, Kalavier.1097 said:

If she wasn't purposefully allowed to be killed by Charr attacks or other elements, it's very likely that he "arrested" her like he tried doing to the other Krytan in early Post searing prophecies and had her locked up or killed.

8 hours ago, Zhaveh.6801 said:

Honestly, with the way the Mist are set up. I think anything is possible. We could very well run into her again, or get hints about what happened to her. 

I really want to believe in any connection with the Wizard's Folly tower that we couldn't visit after the Searing in Ascalon even if former devs (Bobby Stein is always in ArenaNet but not Jeff Grubb) said it wasn't any connection between this tower and the Kessex one also... 9 years ago.

Q: Do the wizard towers in Kessex Hills and Ascalon have any relationship? What´s the story behind them and what happened to the Ascalonian one?

Jeff: I think the two towers are similar chiefly because of the chains. The idea of chaining down your tower makes sense for when you are dealing with particularly powerful powerful magics allows you to move the tower away from populated areas when you are experimenting with particularly powerful energies, and, of course, to move away once something has gone horribly, horribly wrong. The tower in Kessex Hills was in a nearby location in GW1 and was towed to the present location. The one from Ascalon in GW1 is missing and its fate is unrevealed.

Edited by Anvar.5673
more infos
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Anvar.5673 said:

Oh Gods. I hope it's just some separatists' fakes news from Caudecus than real things. It would be a nonsense that a such important character (the 2nd most important one in the governement of Queen Salma) could die like that without any other hints.

That's the thing though, she disappeared with no trace.

From being forced to camp OUTSIDE any protection by Ascalon guards, waiting to see a king who is so anti-Krytan he literally tried at one point to arrest a Krytan and try him for treason "For being a Krytan".

If Charr, or other wildlife didn't get her, Adelbern would've made sure she "disappears".

• Like 1

Getting a Bastion of the Penitent type story about Evennia’s fate might be interesting. Not in raid form, but maybe a side adventure. Someone In Need was a fun collection that answered the question of what happened to King Jadon, so something similar for Evennia could work out.

• Like 1

On 7/5/2023 at 6:18 PM, Anvar.5673 said:

No it isn't, because it got solved back in 2017. People just forget about it because the answer came in non-main story content.
I won't bother quoting because Sajuuk already did.

Even then, Evennia's disappearance is pretty minor mystery while it lasted - even among GW1 players, few actually cared enough for the answer to come in Season 3.

15 hours ago, Anvar.5673 said:

Keep in mind that originally, Guild Wars Beyond was to include the founding of Ebonhawke. When the leadership of the Live Team changed from Linsey Murdock to John Stumme, the direction changed to Hearts of the North and Winds of Change, but there were plans to return there after doing an Elona arc (which got canceled because GW2's release saw a dive in GW1 playerbase).
So it's not like Evennia's disappearance was something that would never be brought up - it was likely slated to be part of 2010's plot, and pushed to 2013's plot, before it was canceled.

I would disagree that Evennia was "the second most important person in the government of Queen Salma", though.

• Like 1