no-gs Vindicator?

GetFoxxed.9478

Don't know about sword/sword, but if you play condition, you'll probably be better with other set of weapons. Right now, I believe your only real good choice is mace/axe for condi dps, but maybe shortbow could be a good choice in the near future

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

15 hours ago, GetFoxxed.9478 said:

Hey, I'm considering trying out Vindicator, but not really fan of greatswords. Would a sword/sword + staff build do any okay-ish dps?

Swords and greatsword have very similar dps in normal sized single targets, albeit gs has better cleave over multiple targets and higher dps va large targets.

Condi Vindicator with mace & axe has mid to low dps but very good cleave and can be traited to have unbeliable sustain; the short bow will add more options afer August.

For PvP & roaming, short bow Vindicator has potential; I'm not sure if is as good as Renebow (or maybe better), but Renebow feels strong, specially at WvW.

• Like 4
  • Confused 2

10 hours ago, Shao.7236 said:

S/S has more focused damage than GS so you're not losing on anything trading in between the two while keeping staff.

In fact Sword AA might be a little faster but also features an extra hit at the end of the chain.

for the AA i would prefer sword than GS, altough GS block comes handy and gs5 can sometimes hit like a truck, but IMO i would prefer S/S

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Normally, Vindicator will be running Sword/Sword and GS with GS being the defensive, utility swap.

If you ditch GS, your only other option is Staff, which is a much more defensive option than GS with inbuilt cleanse and weakness application but does way lesser damage, in both PvE and Competitive. 

I know for sure once SOTO drops, Shortbow Vindicator will be a hugely popular pick because Shortbow compliments Archemorus ridiculously well. 

Edited by Yasai.3549
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, Yasai.3549 said:

Normally, Vindicator will be running Sword/Sword and GS with GS being the defensive, utility swap.

If you ditch GS, your only other option is Staff, which is a much more defensive option than GS with inbuilt cleanse and weakness application but does way lesser damage, in both PvE and Competitive. 

I know for sure once SOTO drops, Shortbow Vindicator will be a hugely popular pick because Shortbow compliments Archemorus ridiculously well. 

Could u elaborate how does shortbow compliments archemorus well? I didn't have chance to test it but it seems to be it fits saint viktor more. Honestly I don't see much synergy between bow and archemorus but maybe Im missing something.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, AWOL.3724 said:

Could u elaborate how does shortbow compliments archemorus well? I didn't have chance to test it but it seems to be it fits saint viktor more. Honestly I don't see much synergy between bow and archemorus but maybe Im missing something.

Short bow is damage-source agnostic: is equally effective in a power, condi or hybrid build, and does damage at range. Archemorus has two ranged attacks, quickness and plenty of access to might. The Vindicator traitline also has damage buff enough that probably won't miss the short bow traits from Renegade too much, specailly in a power build.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AWOL.3724 said:

I don't see much synergy between bow and archemorus but maybe Im missing something

There is no synergy, but SB will be range option which does not suck like hammer. Blue side of legend is good with SB, it has evade to make distance

• Like 1

4 hours ago, AWOL.3724 said:

As Power, Hybrid or Condi builds. 

As Power: Shortbow allows you to better keep your distance or even lockdown a target with SB5 so that Spear can land. Scavanger Burst allows you to gain Quickness and poke from range, allowing you to forgo Shiro entirely while being extremely safe. Along with Viktor swap for Evade and Cleanse, Alliance Shortbow can be a ranged skirmisher with all areas covered. 

As Condi: Having a secondary Condi set has been a real headache for Revenant since its inception, with Condi Herald often camping Mace till the end of days, and Condi Vindicator being pretty much the same thing. With Shortbow, Condi Vindicator can now have a proper secondary set, allowing Condi Vindicator to have some stable rotations. 

As Hybrid: Shortbow is a hybrid weapon and compliments both damage types, making it a great main weapon. 

• Like 1

On 7/11/2023 at 4:24 PM, Yasai.3549 said:

I was melting players in WvW with Herald Shortbow(slingshot :D)

And i felt the same with Arch + shortbow felt good as well in terms of skill design, altough i was melting targets faster with herald since could get easillyt 25 might while on combat and using the trait for might give more power and the new facet trait to give more damage and all other traits to +damage  :)

Note: when i tested with arch didn't tested at it full possible damage, the leap bonus and the passive 1 trait of damage on Vindi think it would boost damage further.

But on herald we have fury and 25 might  so...  maybe a team with a herald and vindi both with shortbow can become a Duo monster lol

Edited by Aeolus.3615
  • Like 1

On 7/8/2023 at 5:50 PM, GetFoxxed.9478 said:

Hey, I'm considering trying out Vindicator, but not really fan of greatswords. Would a sword/sword + staff build do any okay-ish dps?

Yes, S/S works well. You can actually camp it and you will be fine. Obliviously, you will lose a bit of damage compared to having GS and rotating between two and sword. Also, you can play condi vindicator, which is okay, but not great.

• Like 1

On 7/11/2023 at 4:31 PM, AWOL.3724 said:

spear is ranged, scavenger burst is ranged and gives quickness, and you have a aoe daze with stab and stunbreak that prevents people from meleeing you. and you got mobility.

it just feels right overall.

like it got some nice ranged pressure built in to pair with a ranged weapon

tbh i feel like alliance stance is made in a way that it's weak if you stay in melee too long, so you have to actively engage and disengage.

if you play ranged, then the weakness is gone and you would have more energy to allocate to offensive as well.

like you don't need to consume so much energy into giving yourself stab so you don't get locked and instead you could use the energy to use those ranged damage skill.

the synergy is real here.

shortbow does not work with glint as well, because glint range pressure is minimum.

you can full self damage buff through dodge in vindicator and stay ranged and deal huge damage and without the fear of getting trained down for wasting dodge or don't have energy to self apply stab.

in concept alliance would sync well with hammer as well, if hammer isn't so slow and clunky.

but yea, shortbow alliance just feels way easier to play and synergy so well compared to melee weapon like s/s or gs

Edited by felix.2386
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

What's going on with all this "confused" reactions? Are people trying to trigger each other or they just don't understand what has been written? If we're dealing with trolls, we can just ignore, but in the last case though, isn't it better to just ask about the reply instead of leaving this reactions? Idk, I've been away for some years so this must just be a new thing that people enjoy and I don't get the reason (like jumping puzzles)

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

On 7/14/2023 at 3:06 PM, Tekey.5084 said:

What's going on with all this "confused" reactions? Are people trying to trigger each other or they just don't understand what has been written? If we're dealing with trolls, we can just ignore, but in the last case though, isn't it better to just ask about the reply instead of leaving this reactions? Idk, I've been away for some years so this must just be a new thing that people enjoy and I don't get the reason (like jumping puzzles)

Ignore them. People just use it like a downvote. It's kinda childish but yea, there are kids online. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

3 hours ago, Yasai.3549 said:

Ignore them. People just use it like a downvote. It's kinda childish but yea, there are kids online. 

That saddens me a bit. Apparently, GW2 community is nowadays looking a bit like other mmos' communities that I'll not mention by name. I wasn't expecting that after coming back from some years of absence. Well, it is what it is, right? Anyway, I appreciate your words, Yasai

• Confused 2

On 7/14/2023 at 3:06 AM, Tekey.5084 said:

rev forum is kitten up lol

there were like 2 top10 rev mains trying to tell how good vindicator was back then in the forum, while forum was flooded with vindicator stance suck threads, some days before mAT winners ran 2 of them. and they got like 30 confuses

it was funny and now those dudes don't come to forum anymore.

Edited by felix.2386
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, felix.2386 said:

rev forum is kitten up lol

there were like 2 top10 rev mains trying to tell how good vindicator was back then in the forum, while forum was flooded with vindicator stance suck threads, some days before mAT winners ran 2 of them. and they got like 30 confuses

it was funny and now those dudes don't come to forum anymore.

Assholes shall be assholes. You'd think it's a job, some kind of art or a planned revolution, judging by their commitment to their "cause" (God preserve us)