[deleted]

1 hour ago, chromodynamix.2495 said:

Except when it crits every time... then yes, its 6K every time.  How am I not able to outrun one?  Because they have so many mobility skills on both weapon and utilities.  I have ROCKET boots and I genuinely cannot outrun one.  If you don't believe me, put on the holo build yourself and you'll see.

The 3k-3.5k are WITH a crit. Its a 1.2 scaling ability, you dont get 6k off of those. And no, they really dont? Deadeye typically uses a Sword/Dagger offhand, so their mobility for chases is pretty rough, youd have to burn a shadowstep and thats about it.

I outrun DE on rocket boots holo all the time. The superspeed lets me ignore their cripples. I can break the immob if they open with kneel. 

Just make sure you're running to the right places. Either run towards your support because they can cover you with projectile destruction and sustain you back up. DE doesn't perform as well as you in teamfights so you'll bait them into an unfavorable rotation. 

Or run towards a box or a pillar so you can LoS them. Bait them in close, and tag them with lock on. Any CC you can land on the DE will do the trick. Flashbang is the most reliabe if the DE is still full HP. This stops them from stealthing, so no more resetting their malice. No more gaining extra initiative. No more stealth attacks. You should be able to either win or force them to retreat from here. 

Just don't panic and flee into an open field. They want you to do that. Never do that. 

Edited by Kuma.1503
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Kuma.1503 said:

I outrun DE on rocket boots holo all the time. The superspeed lets me ignore their cripples. I can break the immob if they open with kneel. 

Just make sure you're running to the right places. Either run towards your support because they can cover you with projectile destruction and sustain you back up. DE doesn't perform as well as you in teamfights so you'll bait them into an unfavorable rotation. 

Or run towards a box or a pillar so you can LoS them. Bait them in close, and tag them with lock on. Any CC you can land on the DE will do the trick. Flashbang is the most reliabe if the DE is still full HP. This stops them from stealthing, so no more resetting their malice. No more gaining extra initiative. No more death's judement. You should be able to either win or force them to retreat from here. 

Just don't panic and flee into an open field. They want you to do that. Never do that. 

A lot of times though, you just die if you try and RB away because it's not an evade and the projectiles will get you before the animation finishes, even if you would get out of range by the end. The dying while rocket-bootsing away always feelsbad.jpg when most other classes' mobility skills like that pack an evade with them.

9 minutes ago, coro.3176 said:

A lot of times though, you just die if you try and RB away because it's not an evade and the projectiles will get you before the animation finishes, even if you would get out of range by the end. The dying while rocket-bootsing away always feelsbad.jpg when most other classes' mobility skills like that pack an evade with them.

Are you tryin gto evade Death's Judgement with rocket boots? 

If they open on you from stealth, I reccomend popping up your shield 4 first so you can reflect their DJ back at them. Then RB away because they won't be able to insta burst you with skirmishing shots. Just gotta keep your cool and don't panic when a DE is on you. 

They're annoying af, but you can survive them. 

Sry can't take this post serious, it's the epitome  of l2p, once u get better at the game and on holo or scrapper ull see how silly this thread is. I would take holo and scrappers mobility over DE (not core,DD,or Specter) any day and nade kit over rifle as rifle has more range but getting into mid range and auto attacking is easy to lol. Lastly u can stealth for a decent duration as well.

Edited by Psycoprophet.8107

5 hours ago, Psycoprophet.8107 said:

Sry can't take this post serious, it's the epitome  of l2p, once u get better at the game and on holo or scrapper ull see how silly this thread is. I would take holo and scrappers mobility over DE (not core,DD,or Specter) any day and nade kit over rifle as rifle has more range but getting into mid range and auto attacking is easy to lol. Lastly u can stealth for a decent duration as well.

Super speed isn't really all it's made out to be for mobility.  You think you have greater mobility than say a warrior.   I tried chasing down yerloqq.... couldn't catch up and eventually outdistanced me on BS.   You can't really run away from reapers once they start the chill train on you.   Thieves... well yeah you aint getting away.   WB's are porty and fast.   Having decent Super speed is great in general, but its really not the be all and end all of mobility.  If you want to actually keep up you need like rocket boots or something... because the hammer mobility skill is barely faster than superspeed.

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, shion.2084 said:

Super speed isn't really all it's made out to be for mobility.  You think you have greater mobility than say a warrior.   I tried chasing down yerloqq.... couldn't catch up and eventually outdistanced me on BS.   You can't really run away from reapers once they start the chill train on you.   Thieves... well yeah you aint getting away.   WB's are porty and fast.   Having decent Super speed is great in general, but its really not the be all and end all of mobility.  If you want to actually keep up you need like rocket boots or something... because the hammer mobility skill is barely faster than superspeed.

For macro mobility it isn't great, where it excells is micro mobility as having constantly higher movement speed than enemies means you can constantly move in and out of melee cleave range any time you need where they need to specifically burn a gap closer/opener which are typically one way trips and in the case of gap closing only function until the super speeder gets out of range again. The key word in all of that is Melee, gap controlling is much less useful against enemies with more range than you.

Thief overall has no sustain, but despite that, its low risk high reward mechnics to dictate a +1 or get out of jail plays are obnoxious as hell. It takes more people than it should to lock a thief down, I'd rather they had more sustain and some actual stealth downsides..

Edited by Flowki.7194
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2