Ele Changes For July 18th -- Ele Fixed -- Move On -- Start New Thread For New Ele Suggestions

Alright look, here's where we are now:

Game Update Notes: July 18, 2023 - Game Update Notes - Guild Wars 2 Forums

Bug Fixes:

• Written in Stone: This trait now has a 25-second internal cooldown when granting an aura in PvP only.
  • Signet of Restoration: Increased cooldown from 25 seconds to 30 seconds in PvP only.
  • Signet of Water: Increased cooldown from 20 seconds to 30 seconds in PvP only.
  • Flamestrike: The first strike of this skill no longer inflicts burning in PvP only. Reduced the secondary burning duration from 1.5 seconds to 1 second in PvP only.
  • Dragon's Tooth: Reduced burning duration from 10 seconds to 5 seconds in PvP only.
  • Desert Empowerment: Fixed an issue that caused this trait to grant more barrier than intended in PvP and WvW.
  • Fixed an issue in the Silent Surf fractal that caused pets to be affected by the final encounter's boon stealing mechanic.
  • Removed a context menu "Invite" option that was erroneously enabled.

Edited by Trevor Boyer.6524
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 21
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 12
  • Sad 1

I find it funny seeing the devs comments about how other classes are overperforming and how bad they get hammered , de for example 300% damage reduced to 30% and the like than taking a look at eles nerfs...    the most overperforming class in the game. It's obvious what class the dev in charge mains.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, GuriGashi.5617 said:

Drazeh is testing Cata match-ups on stream right now and it is still winning against everything. Stop spreading nonsense.

with 2000 condy at 25 might sceptre does 600 dmg?!.  Anet have entirely f**ed up my dps tempest i've been playing for 2 tears. This CMC character needs kicked to the long grass.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Psycoprophet.8107 said:

I find it funny seeing the devs comments about how other classes are overperforming and how bad they get hammered , de for example 300% damage reduced to 30% and the like than taking a look at eles nerfs...    the most overperforming class in the game. It's obvious what class the dev in charge mains.

This nonsense has gone 10 steps past ridiculous at this point.

Our community needs to seriously agree on some kind of honor system here if we want the game to maintain any value of fun.

Like right off the top of my head, I'm imagining something realistic, like agreeing to only ever run 2x Eles in a team even in the MAT. For example, we could run 1x Tempest with 1x Cata or something like that, but running any more than that should officially be considered skanky and as dishonorable as straight up cheating.

I mean even when Herald had the immortal bug, Catalysts were still winning against them in ATs. I mean... what more needs to be said here?

Edited by Trevor Boyer.6524
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

20 minutes ago, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

I'm looking at the rest of this but I think this is a bit overzealous a critique. Staunch auras is particular to Catalyst, Harmonious Conduits is necessary to complete overloads for Tempests. That latter case is fine and not problematic in any respect atm.  The adjustment to Staunch adds some room for interruption on the problematic cata build.  

• Like 4
  • Confused 3

Idk how they managed to make the perfect bowl of nothing soup.

A lot of skills are listed here with adjustments, how neat. Unfortunately they're all affecting the wrong things. WiS is definitely the issue here. It'd be like Signets giving Thief Stealth on activation.

WiS losing auras and maybe having stronger activation skills would be the correct approach in this case.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, vesica tempestas.1563 said:

with 2000 condy at 25 might sceptre does 600 dmg?!.  Anet have entirely f**ed up my dps tempest i've been playing for 2 tears. This CMC character needs kicked to the long grass.

Still looking pretty strong from my end, spamming perma 5k burn ticks.

Which is absurd considering any 6 year old could follow you and spam 1 at range while other people engage you.

GW2 Flamestrike spam post jul 18th - Twitch

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2

2 minutes ago, Dreams.3128 said:

Literally this. I'm STILL confused as to why auras were even needed on signets.

It's like having rocks in a lawn and mowing around the rocks instead of removing them... It just makes things more difficult.

Catalyst was already getting a notoriety streak of having too many auras.

WiS without auras and stronger activation is the answer... How do they keep dodging the source of the issue. WiS in its current state is not a fun or interactive or clever trait. It's Elemental Epitome but for signets.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Let's see how it plays in FFA, if I can start beating a few catas then it's back in line. If I'm still getting stomped no matter the class I play, we got problems. 

I will say a lot of this won't do much. The boon uptime is insane no matter what, the fire might trait working with scepter 1 is too much, 

Hitting the stab is probably the hardest impact. Interrupting catalyst should be the number one priority. 

They also nerfed might generation. If a catalyst is reaching 25 stacks still, it has to do with the fire trait line, a core trait line, not catalyst. 

This also means that a catalyst is just free spamming auto attack. You'll die from catalyst free spamming, deadeye, Ranger, etc. Learn to counter issue 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Vinny.7260 said:

It's like having rocks in a lawn and mowing around the rocks instead of removing them... It just makes things more difficult.

Catalyst was already getting a notoriety streak of having too many auras.

WiS without auras and stronger activation is the answer... How do they keep dodging the source of the issue. WiS in its current state is not a fun or interactive or clever trait. It's Elemental Epitome but for signets.

And to be completely honest with you, I don't think ANY Ele main even asked to have this on Signets. I was doing completely fine on Weaver with old Signets. What was the point? Did they think Signets were outdated? Weak? The only signet that maybe needed a touch up to 2023 era skills was fire signet and water signet since water didn't do much. Air Signet and Earth Signet were perfectly balanced as is with old WiS

Edited by Dreams.3128
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

This a perfect analogy for the situation at hand.

Now I want to see a .gif meme of CMC trying hard to mow around rocks in his yard instead of removing them.

He'll do it while chugging a bottle of water with a straw and a sun visor on backwards.

• Haha 3