Ranger Longbow

Noenp.2041

Can we please have rework on Ranger's longbow? First off, longbow doesn't get any update since 8 years,, almost 99% of all Rangers use it and abuse to the point i'm very inclined to call HR for how abused it has been in 8 years, and this abuse is for just the combo of point blank and rapid shot, nothing else, they just need that combo to kill anything. It's disgusting to watch rangers run around to wait for these skills to get out of cooldown just to spam it again. And i'm not even done yet, the 1500 range was good for 2015, when there wasn't a literal sniper spec in the game (deadeye), but now its just absurd how it has the highest range in the game, yes, the tooltip says it has 1500 range, but on wiki and in game you can see that the arrows curve making it hit further than 1500 range, making it effectively more of a sniper than the sniper itself! 😄 And since i'm comparing it to deadeye i will also add the extra part where the rapid fire skill also follows the invisible targets while being channeled! Ofcourse you can say, "all channel abilities track and damage invisible targets", to that i say, not all of them, i know atleast of 2 or 3 abilities that channel and don't track or damage the invisible target, mesmer's, scepter 3 channel, necromancer's axe 2 channel and specter scepter/pistol 3 channel, i'm sure there are more but these are the ones i've played with and againste that i notice that don't track the target. So isn't it about time this weapon got a makeover like Anet is always doing to for example the ranger sword? atleast make all of its skills have the 1200 range since the arrows shot from a string will curve and still it further than bullets propelled by gunpowder. Which is another thing. For gods sake Anet, just say that every ranged weapon is magical, cause i don't see any bullet pouch, quiver, throwing axe belt, and so on, on our characters to make it plausible that they are using ammunition for their infinite spam of skills, also magical projectiles can still be physical projectiles for field combo purposes.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 25
  • Sad 1

The matter is not of "git gud", the matter is that you guys only disagree because you play the class and depend solely on longbow's broken and outdated mechanics to stay on top, and you are afraid that the class will be unplayable because of it. Well, guess what? Many classes had to go through that unplayable "fase" every time they get updated to later get stable and have better build diversity.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4

11 minutes ago, Beddo.1907 said:

July 15th 2019 was the last time I've seen anyone get oneshot by Rapid fire. (or atleast anyone who isn't playing in PvE gear or sleeping or both)

Yeah right, you probably just woke up from a deep freeze slumber, cause in pvp you don't use pve gear but amulets instead, also you don't need to be sleeping because both skills are instant cast with almost unnoticeable animations. Either way it happens many times in pvp and recently there's been a wave of matches with 2 or more rangers of mixed specs, also if you weren't sleeping you would know that dps druid is now a thing.

• Like 3
  • Confused 4

4 minutes ago, Noenp.2041 said:

Yeah right, you probably just woke up from a deep freeze slumber, cause in pvp you don't use pve gear but amulets instead, also you don't need to be sleeping because both skills are instant cast with almost unnoticeable animations. Either way it happens many times in pvp and recently there's been a wave of matches with 2 or more rangers of mixed specs, also if you weren't sleeping you would know that dps druid is now a thing.

I'm speaking about WvW as well so I used word "gear", but yes I also mean the amulets like berserker's.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

Btw, some posts here in the discussion section are just suggestions or ranting directed to Anet and the OP's don't want to make a discussion out of it, they just don't have anywhere else to go, i don't know why some people feel like they are being attacked or feel the need to comment their opinion, i mean everyone is free to do so, but don't make a big fuss about it and besides, you are just bumping the topic to the top of the board. Speaking for myself, i would write directly to Anet but there isn't anything for doing so, at least that i know of.

• Like 1
  • Confused 7

19 minutes ago, Beddo.1907 said:

July 15th 2019 was the last time I've seen anyone get oneshot by Rapid fire. (or atleast anyone who isn't playing in PvE gear or sleeping or both)

Yeah cause you are playing ranger and dont want to see it. Its happening all the time with full dps long bow ranger builds killing thieves etc.

Ranger is one of the most lazy and unskilled class in the game to the point of just pressing a button and the arrows follow targets even using stealth, revealing, pushing and killing in less than a second with no chance do counter this LAZY MADNESS.

This is plain abuse to other skilled classes !

Ranger needs more cast times and damage nerf ASAP.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 5

1 hour ago, Noenp.2041 said:

The matter is not of "git gud", the matter is that you guys only disagree because you play the class and depend solely on longbow's broken and outdated mechanics to stay on top, and you are afraid that the class will be unplayable because of it. Well, guess what? Many classes had to go through that unplayable "fase" every time they get updated to later get stable and have better build diversity.

Nope. I dont think its a problem because I have not played Ranger in PvP or WvW a year and a half and find them fairly easy to outplay. When I see a ranger coming, with very few exceptions, I am nowhere near as worried as I might be with certain other classes. I mained Ranger for 10k hours, more than half in WvW, and found LB to be OK. Just OK. 

Edited by Ashen.2907
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

26 minutes ago, RagingWolf.6438 said:

Ranger is one of the most lazy and unskilled class in the game to the point of just pressing a button and the arrows follow targets even using stealth, revealing, pushing and killing in less than a second with no chance do counter this LAZY MADNESS.

So, in your keybind settings you'll see 'v' is set to dodge, you can rebind it if you want but that one button will negate rapid fire and point blank shot. If you get hit by point blank shot, use a stunbreak: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Stun_break

There's a nice location in each of the races starter areas for you to practice so you don't feel overwhelmed in an actual fight:  https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Dodge_Instructor

Good luck, my dude.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 3

2 minutes ago, psizone.8437 said:

So, in your keybind settings you'll see 'v' is set to dodge, you can rebind it if you want but that one button will negate rapid fire and point blank shot. If you get hit by point blank shot, use a stunbreak: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Stun_break

There's a nice location in each of the races starter areas for you to practice so you don't feel overwhelmed in an actual fight:  https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Dodge_Instructor

Good luck, my dude.

Passive aggressive much? Also, dodge only evades for less than a second, it will not fully negate rapid fire and point blank shot is as i said, instant cast and with unnoticeable animation, also the patch history says that the arrow speed was improved by 100%.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

Just now, Noenp.2041 said:

Passive aggressive much? Also, dodge only evades for less than a second, it will not fully negate rapid fire and point blank shot is as i said, instant cast and with unnoticeable animation, also the patch history says that the arrow speed was improved by 100%.

Good thing you get 2 dodges, huh?

If you evade even part of rapid fire and still get oneshot, you have more problems than I can help with.

As for my passive aggressiveness, I have noooo idea what you're talking about. I gave kind valuable advice!

• Like 6
  • Confused 3

Just now, RagingWolf.6438 said:

someone is cleary disturbed and doesn't want their OP long bow nerfed. Keep pressing those keys for one shot channels with sentient arrows that know where targets are at all times lol.

Takes a lot of skill indead = ))

Oh by all means nerf longbow, I don't use it on my build 😂

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, psizone.8437 said:

Good thing you get 2 dodges, huh?

If you evade even part of rapid fire and still get oneshot, you have more problems than I can help with.

As for my passive aggressiveness, I have noooo idea what you're talking about. I gave kind valuable advice!

No you did not, you are here trying to belittle other players and making things escalate without reason.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 4

3 minutes ago, psizone.8437 said:

Aren't all threads arguments if people disagree? Nothing I said was inherently bad, just some light hearted ribbing. Lighten up, friend.

If people can't stand a little bit of trolling, maybe they should keep their "Lazy and unskilled" comments to themselves?

First of, not all threads are arguments, but all are discussions. Second you don't know me well enough to call me friend. And thirdly trolling is not a thing that should be tolerated, not even for a little bit.

• Like 1
  • Confused 4

6 hours ago, RagingWolf.6438 said:

If you see a class one shoting others with one ability there's clearly something wrong with the game.

have you not considered the one getting one shotted just has a bad build? some people make a horrible glass build that just drop like fly's because they have absolutely no defense. some people with long bow are good but a huge chunk of them drop really quick or run away

• Like 4
  • Confused 2