Please dont take my golem away!

4 hours ago, Vandal.5621 said:

40 relics available with the core game, another 12 available associated with expansions (e.g. elite spec runes). A total of 52 on release.

Wait do we have to find them, will they be sold on the AH.. will they sell overpowered versions in the shop?

• Confused 4

52 minutes ago, Dante.1508 said:

Wait do we have to find them, will they be sold on the AH.. will they sell overpowered versions in the shop?

If you had read the article they wrote about Relics, you'd know that the core relics can be crafted and aren't accountbound, so can be traded on the TP. Expansion relics will be obtained through collections, achievements and story progression and are not tradeable. No, they will not sell overpowered versions on the gemstore because they only sell aesthetic and QoL items. If they did it would make GW2 P2W and despite what some people believe there is no P2W in this game.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

22 hours ago, Vandal.5621 said:

40 relics available with the core game, another 12 available associated with expansions (e.g. elite spec runes). A total of 52 on release.

Yes but the one you quoted was talking only about the core relics and how it was only 40 out of 99 runes that get turned into said relics.

Hence why the OP is worried their favorite rune wont get turned into a relic.

So the 12 from expansion was not even in anyway needed to be injected into said comment chain.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

18 hours ago, TheNecrosanct.4028 said:

If you had read the article they wrote about Relics, you'd know that the core relics can be crafted and aren't accountbound, so can be traded on the TP. Expansion relics will be obtained through collections, achievements and story progression and are not tradeable. No, they will not sell overpowered versions on the gemstore because they only sell aesthetic and QoL items. If they did it would make GW2 P2W and despite what some people believe there is no P2W in this game.

Ok thank you, i seldom read twitter or blog posts as i can never find them on the forums.

Edited by Dante.1508
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

On 7/21/2023 at 5:30 PM, Sigmoid.7082 said:

Much better to run a database query and provide the relics that most closely map to the runes a larger majority of people are currently using.

Considering that their whole explanation behind introduction of Relics was that some runes with cool special effects weren't used because they had bad stat mix, i'd say your approach would run counterintuitive to that. Because it would exclude those effects they supposedly wanted to preserve and make more widely useable.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

9 minutes ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

Considering that their whole explanation behind introduction of Relics was that some runes with cool special effects weren't used because they had bad stat mix, i'd say your approach would run counterintuitive to that. Because it would exclude those effects they supposedly wanted to preserve and make more widely useable.

I think the point of my post was that if the choosey chest is to be limited a database query is far better to run than a forum poll. 

Though the ideal scenario is all the core relics would be in the box and people have free choice of their 3. Which, from my understanding, should be the case. 

Edited by Sigmoid.7082
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

32 minutes ago, Sigmoid.7082 said:

Though the ideal scenario is all the core relics would be in the box and people have free choice of their 3. Which, from my understanding, should be the case. 

All the core relics will be in the box (that was already confirmed by Ruby). The question is not about that. It's about which rune effects will get changed to relics. As we already know, most of them won't make the cut (40 relics vs 99 runes)

• Like 1
  • Confused 4

9 hours ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

As we already know, most of them won't make the cut (40 relics vs 99 runes)

Considering relics are likely to be active effects only rather than passive I had a little look, I added the summons since they're fairly unique:

• 12 runes activate an effect when using an elite skill
  • 10 runes activate an effect when using an heal skill
  • 4 runes summon some kind of creature to help in combat in some way that aren't in the previous lists

That's 26 core runes that could make up some of the relics, that leaves 14 completely new ones at the very least if they just swapped the 6th bonus of those over to relics. Granted, some of those may be weak so it may be much more than 14 fully new ones.

For the curious, not a list since this post is already long: surging, citadel, mad king, lyssa, resistance, ice, firebrand, nightmare, krait, sunless, altruism, leadership, centaur, brawler, herald, grenth, adventurer, air, water, flock, natures bounty, revenant, privateer, ogre, lich, golemancer

• 4 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, Tails.9372 said:

Turns out the concerns were justified, the golem is gone and so are all the other rune summons. There is ofc. always a chance that they'll put them into relics later on but I wouldn't bet on it.

Doupt it, seems like most runes got replaced rather than bring them across to a relic form

On 7/21/2023 at 9:13 AM, Makuragee.3058 said:

The new relic system look neat, but pls pls pls dont take away my golem from my golemancer rune! Please!!! Thats the only thing I want, is a relic that let me keep my golem 😮

-From an asuran main-

Me too, I specifically got those runes for that one reason. 

• Like 1