Silent surf feedback - If I wanted to play FFXIV, I'd sub to it.

Enough is enough. We keep getting bad FF14 fights as end game content when that games combat is nothing like this games.

There's nothing to dodge. The fight drags on too long. It's the same repeated mechanics over and over.

I legit fall asleep doing this fight. It's so boring and long. After doing Shattered Observatory and Nightmare then immediately doing Silent Surf afterwards, it's like playing a completely different game - a bad one. While the older fractal fights are so fast paced with tons of fun action mechanics, dodging and jumping, Silent Surf is completely devoid of all this.

FFXIV is not played for it's end game. combat, or class design. Those are actually it's weaknesses that the players complain about example1 example2 example3. It's played for it's story, revealing dress up, and cat girls.

If you want to turn GW2 into FFXIV so badly, at least copy it's good parts, not it's bad.

Notice how the pacing, length, and feel of the below video is very similar  to Silent Surf?

Embrace GW2 for the fast paced action RPG it is and stop trying to make it something it will never be.

Edited by Kozumi.5816
  • Like 12
  • Confused 5

In the other posts there's always mentions of "powercreep" and how the old fractal bosses just die immediately, but indeed - people don't realize they're actually dodging things and doing mechanics regardless, such as in 99CM or even 98CM. I can only suspect most people thinking Kanaxai is an actual challenge used to only play DPS on their T4s+CMs and had a competent HB+Renegade solve every single mechanic for them. But the solution to powercreep is absolutely not turning bosses into hard hitting slugs, especially because the games are profoundly different - FFXIV hardly ever has anything more than a mindless rotation outside of maybe a couple classes during their burst (and even then, little adaptation on the fly is ever needed and you can stick to sidestepping), and it has no dodge mechanic. Not using GW2's own thing is really frustrating no matter what people think of the other fights.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Kozumi.5816 said:

Enough is enough. We keep getting bad FF14 fights as end game content when that games combat is nothing like this games.

There's nothing to dodge. The fight drags on too long. It's the same repeated mechanics over and over.

I legit fall asleep doing this fight. It's so boring and long. After doing Shattered Observatory and Nightmare then immediately doing Silent Surf afterwards, it's like playing a completely different game - a bad one. While the older fractal fights are so fast paced with tons of fun action mechanics, dodging and jumping, Silent Surf is completely devoid of all this.

FFXIV is not played for it's end game. combat, or class design. Those are actually it's weaknesses that the players complain about example1 example2 example3. It's plated for it's story, revealing dress up, and cat girls.

If you want to turn GW2 into FFXIV so badly, at least copy it's good parts, not it's bad.

Notice how the pacing, length, and feel of the below video is very similar  to Silent Surf?

Embrace GW2 for the fast paced action RPG it is and stop trying to make it something it will never be.

The entire expansion coming this month is just the Rift MMO...inside GW2.  It's becoming like Hollywood at this point.  Every game is just copying ideas from every other game so they can say they have X feature to compete.

• Confused 2

On 8/2/2023 at 3:22 PM, Kozumi.5816 said:

FFXIV is not played for it's end game. combat, or class design. Those are actually it's weaknesses that the players complain about example1 example2 example3. It's played for it's story, revealing dress up, and cat girls.

LoL Watching FFXIV boss fights is so kitten boring.  I mean, the animations are super flashy and impressive, but the guy is literally just standing there and the boss just kicks at him with its foot every few seconds and every once in awhile does some slow animation that simply requires the player to stand in a specific spot to avoid it.  Zzzzz.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Silent Surf feel like strike and someone decided that it will be fractal so that is reason why it is not good. In general I think GW2 should go with fast paced fractals/strikes like jump in/out in few mins and if ppl want harder content, then adding CM to everything would be way to go.

• Like 3
  • Confused 2

On 8/2/2023 at 11:22 PM, Kozumi.5816 said:

FF14 is played for endgame, combat and class design. Your example are reddit takes complaining about healers. They had to make healers simpler because healer players are usually extremely bad players who play healers exactly because dps rotations are too hard for them. You can get 30 downvotes on reddit right now if you write that cvirtu and scourge should be nerfed though. Reddit is a very bad place for any kind of balance discussion.

And then you post a video of a bluemage (rp only class) soloing a low level strike boss? Some mechanics are probably coded to never affect the tank so you can not see them in solo anyways. Also for people who do not know. Blue mage is a true rp class. It is not allowed to use the group finder and participate in current content. Please. At least show proper group play like 

There is more going on than the 2 mechanics the silent kitten boss has. FF14 bosses, even the easiest ones, have more mechanics than most gw2 raid or fractal bosses. Dont blame the lack of mechanics on ff14 design. If it would be ff14 design that fight would have 10 mechanics in normal mode and 30 in cm.

Edited by Nephalem.8921
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, AliamRationem.5172 said:

LoL Watching FFXIV boss fights is so kitten boring.  I mean, the animations are super flashy and impressive, but the guy is literally just standing there and the boss just kicks at him with its foot every few seconds and every once in awhile does some slow animation that simply requires the player to stand in a specific spot to avoid it.  Zzzzz.

Ever watched a gw2 fight with everyone on scourges or virtus? They just stay in the same spot and are pressing their 5 dps buttons and the boss has maybe 3 mechanics maximum. They are literally just standing there pressing all their buttons without a real rotation. 

Peak game design i guess.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Nephalem.8921 said:

FF14 is played for endgame, combat and class design. 

It has the worst class design and combat in the genre. It's end game is simon says musical chairs. I do not like it's mechanic s design, I find them boring. If I want that gameplay I'll go play FFXIV. I want to play GW2, not FFXIV-lite.

I cleared alex savage gordias at release as an AST so I'm well versed in that games raiding and combat. I quit afterwards due to lack of content and never returned.

I don't play Virt or Scourge because they are extremely boring and not the vision the devs have for this games combat.

Edited by Kozumi.5816
  • Like 5
  • Confused 3

19 minutes ago, Kozumi.5816 said:

It has the worst class design and combat in the genre. It's end game is simon says musical chairs. I do not like it's mechanic s design, I find them boring. If I want that gameplay I'll go play FFXIV. I want to play GW2, not FFXIV-lite.

I cleared alex savage gordias at release as an AST so I'm well versed in that games raiding and combat. I quit afterwards due to lack of content and never returned.

I don't play Virt or Scourge because they are extremely boring and not the vision the devs have for this games combat.

You played the game 8years ago and did the first savage fight they ever did. Be fair and compare it to gw2 from 8years ago when we had only w1 and hammer aa only dh was a build.

Edited by Nephalem.8921
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Nephalem.8921 said:

You played the game 8years ago and did the first savage fight they ever did

Considered the most difficult non-ult fights in the game and also considered the peak of class design and combat in FFXIV(current FFXIV class design is an absolute joke), while new savage is a joke. Ultimates I have no interest in as 1 person messing up = 15m of my time wasted, no ty.

Again, if I want to play FFXIV, I'll sub to it. I do not want to play it, I want to play GW2. Anet needs to stop trying to make this game into FFXIV. It will not work, and barely anyone plays FFXIV for raiding or end game. The majority of people play it for story and RP with catgirls.

Edited by Kozumi.5816
  • Like 4
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, Kozumi.5816 said:

Considered the most difficult non-ult fights in the game and also considered the peak of class design and combat in FFXIV(current FFXIV class design is an absolute joke), while new savage is a joke. Ultimates I have no interest in as 1 person messing up = 15m of my time wasted, no ty.

Again, if I want to play FFXIV, I'll sub to it. I do not want to play it, I want to play GW2. Anet needs to stop trying to make this game into FFXIV. It will not work, and barely anyone plays FFXIV for raiding or end game. The majority of people play it for story and RP with catgirls.

Considered by who? Old people with rose tinted glasses? It was difficult because it had tight checks. Not because the mechancis were difficult. Players were also far less used to mechanics. It was the first savage mode. Same thing happened in classic wow. Everything was far easier in classic wow than retail.

I took the time and checked heavensward class design and current ninja design is far better than old one. Way more options. Way cooler skills. Useless skills removed. This just sounds like a case of "Everything was better in the old days".

Raiders hated wing 7. Copying stuff from ff was the smartest thing the devs did in a while.

Multiple people messing up and still being able to clear is an issue aswell. The other day i was doing samarog cm and only 5people where alive below 33% and 3 of them died during that phase and we still managed to get the kill. This should never be possible in a raid cm. The content is so easy that half the players get just carried through and never have to do anything. 

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Nephalem.8921 said:

Considered by who? Old people with rose tinted glasses? It was difficult because it had tight checks. Not because the mechancis were difficult. Players were also far less used to mechanics. It was the first savage mode. Same thing happened in classic wow. Everything was far easier in classic wow than retail.

I took the time and checked heavensward class design and current ninja design is far better than old one. Way more options. Way cooler skills. Useless skills removed. This just sounds like a case of "Everything was better in the old days".

Raiders hated wing 7. Copying stuff from ff was the smartest thing the devs did in a while.

Multiple people messing up and still being able to clear is an issue aswell. The other day i was doing samarog cm and only 5people where alive below 33% and 3 of them died during that phase and we still managed to get the kill. This should never be possible in a raid cm. The content is so easy that half the players get just carried through and never have to do anything. 

Why, then, hang around and play GW2 though? FFXIV's design exists and is going on in full steam, well, in FFXIV. There's no reason to bring it here and the fact you can "carry" even challenge mode fights is not an "issue", it's just a consequence of the gameplay and fight mechanics which obviously cannot be trivially carried over to (and especially from) another game. I really hope "copying stuff from ff was the smartest thing done in a while" is not referring to Kanaxai but to something else like HTCM, because Kanaxai is pretty much a bad Trial boss. Devs should start from the assumption we are in GW2 (it even sounds stupid writing it but seems like it has to be said), and anything that comes from outside as inspiration shouldn't be straight up copied (again, this should go without saying, wtf). 

24 minutes ago, maxwelgm.4315 said:

Devs should start from the assumption we are in GW2 (it even sounds stupid writing it but seems like it has to be said), and anything that comes from outside as inspiration shouldn't be straight up copied (again, this should go without saying, wtf). 

Yeah I don't get it. I also don't get these people coming in obsessed with FFXIV wanting to play that game inside of this game. This is GW2, not FFXIV, if I want to play FFXIV, as the title says, I'll go sub to it. 

FFXIV fights do not work in this game, and we keep getting really bad FFXIV fights. Everything made since EoD released has been very FFXIV-inspired and now the newest one is a blatant copy to the point it doesn't even fit the game. This is on top of FFXIV being well-known for having terrible class design, combat, and end game, it just makes no sense.

Going back and doing the old fractal bosses and even though they aren't  "epicly hard omg I don't have to prog it for 3 weeks to clear because 1 person making a mistake wastes 15m of your time and instantly wipes you(btw this isn't fun)", they fit the game and are actually playing an action RPG with a dodge mechanic instead of one without.

Silent Surf is completely antithesis to GW2's design that it hurts.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 3