trying to figure out how 12 seconds of CC every 20 seconds on hammer spb is balanced

Eddie.9143

it's sad to see yea, how mechanically bad it works if it has to relies on near perma ccs alone. There are many other ways to make it less annoying and same time decent.

If multiple classes/players on you do perma cc lockdown fine. Because you don't have enough stunbreaks/stability and are probably outnumbered because certain reasons.

• Sad 1

10 minutes ago, Eddie.9143 said:

The cc would be fine if it wasn't 3 second knockdowns.

1.5 second would be fine. Give hammer some more mobility and less cc

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Backbreaker

homie...

it has a 1 second cast time. you literally have to use another cc to set up backbreaker against anyone who knows how to strafe.

is this really the skill to complain about? really? a cc skill that comes out so slowly you need to set it up with another cc... that's OP? really?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

56 minutes ago, Bunbury.8472 said:

homie...

it has a 1 second cast time. you literally have to use another cc to set up backbreaker against anyone who knows how to strafe.

is this really the skill to complain about? really? a cc skill that comes out so slowly you need to set it up with another cc... that's OP? really?

People call warrior a noob stomper for reasons.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Bunbury.8472 said:

homie...

Are you saying it's impossible to chain ccs? Like..what..?

• Like 2
  • Confused 7

Whenever we get "CC bad", "condi damage bad" and "stealth bad" threads, that means there is nothing seriously overpowered in the meta. So in a way... congratulations a-net. You managed to give us a brief window of reasonably tuned PvP before the new x-pac.

• Like 6
  • Confused 1

17 hours ago, Barabbas.8715 said:

Wrong. You took damage from their teammates as well and probably died from it.

kitten sounds like good team synergy. Why is this the spellbreaker's fault?

This is like those scooby doo mysteries where the villain goes "well I would have gotten away with it too if it werent for those meddling kids"

Sure maybe you would have gotten away from the teamfight, but you put yourself in the position to get caught by a meddling kid to begin with 💀

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

35 minutes ago, Kuma.1503 said:

Why is an engi trying to duel a SpB? That just sounds like a bad rotation.

I was dueling the hammer spb on condi SB and power druid so not engi. If I played the meta power SB I could have won, but the two builds I used couldn't pump out enough damage between cc chains and full counter / defensives / mending to net a kill.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4

Yes please nerf warrior CC, like there's no way for warrior to land any damage without CC. without all these CCs, anet may actually start giving warrior skills that can actually land on its own like everyone else, or just have it gone to complete trash dust, which i'm also fine with lol.

also so all the gold players can stop complaining about a trash melee class, i literally see 0 hammer spellbreaker in anything that's higher than low gold.

and yes, this is a bad unfun gimmick mechanic, that is also trash and hold warrior back too much.

the entire class is just cheap easy to play one trick gimmick that barely works in the higher end, other than being hard to kill, which should be the characteristics of a build, not the entire class. the entire class's skills rely on unblockable CC spam and overtuned self heal to even work.

also spb is so squishy now, how can anyone struggle to kill one is beyond me.

and CC spam druid also needs to take hit, same reason, unless this is all hypocrisy.

Edited by Lighter.5631
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Eddie.9143 said:

I was dueling the hammer spb on condi SB and power druid 

💀 idk what to tell you man

You should have said you were on engie I could understand being frustrated then

Also where you at I brought my tent and everything for the camping trip. 🎪

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

kitten sounds like good team synergy. Why is this the spellbreaker's fault?

This is like those scooby doo mysteries where the villain goes "well I would have gotten away with it too if it werent for those meddling kids"

Sure maybe you would have gotten away from the teamfight, but you put yourself in the position to get caught by a meddling kid to begin with 💀

Good job ignoring the actual point of the post so you could argue against a point no one ever made. That's what's known as a strawman and it's what you come up with when you don't have a legitimate counterargument to make.

The post I was responding to said that the stunlock of the hammer was balanced out by low damage. I said it didn't matter because their teammates would be dogpiling you anyway. This is 100% factually correct which is why you had to go off the rails and make up something unrelated to try and clapback.

Actually, you basically just proved what I said to begin with. Nice own goal there. I'll be looking forward to your next one. 😂🤣

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

49 minutes ago, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

💀 idk what to tell you man

You should have said you were on engie I could understand being frustrated then

Also where you at I brought my tent and everything for the camping trip. 🎪

Get used to that tent you hobo I'm in Bermuda 🤣

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Barabbas.8715 said:

Good job ignoring the actual point of the post so you could argue against a point no one ever made. That's what's known as a strawman and it's what you come up with when you don't have a legitimate counterargument to make.

The post I was responding to said that the stunlock of the hammer was balanced out by low damage. I said it didn't matter because their teammates would be dogpiling you anyway. This is 100% factually correct which is why you had to go off the rails and make up something unrelated to try and clapback.

Actually, you basically just proved what I said to begin with. Nice own goal there. I'll be looking forward to your next one. 😂🤣

Projection 💀 

You're the one that had to go "BuT The WarRioRs TeaMMateS" in a thread claiming warrior CC is unbalanced. If [the fact that warrior pachinko opens up a player to getting damaged by the warrior's teammates] as a retort to [the warrior doesnt damage you if it stunlocks you and has to commit to the cc chain to keep you there, stunbreak and leave] isn't a strawman, idk what is. 

If you get hit by a hammer in a mosh pit and think that has some bearing on spellbreaker being unfair, it's your fault for being in the mosh pit with the hammer war clearly visible. You wouldn't have said anything about the warrior's teammates if you didn't think in some way that they should temper the current balance of hammer spellbreaker for existing.

Also, the low damage isn't the only balancing factor, the warrior also has to be within hugging distance of you and has very obvious animations for every attack that staggers you. If you let that happen in a team fight and you don't have a button to respond to it you still got outplayed. Your time to play the game came and went when you saw a hammer war near you and didn't start adjusting your position.

Not to mention the warrior is just as viable a target as you are in this scenario, and while they are holding the hammer they cannot block most incoming damage. Where's your team, why aren't they saving you? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

Projection 💀 

You're the one that had to go "BuT The WarRioRs TeaMMateS" in a thread claiming warrior CC is unbalanced. If [the fact that warrior pachinko opens up a player to getting damaged by the warrior's teammates] as a retort to [the warrior doesnt damage you if it stunlocks you and has to commit to the cc chain to keep you there, stunbreak and leave] isn't a strawman, idk what is. 

If you get hit by a hammer in a mosh pit and think that has some bearing on spellbreaker being unfair, it's your fault for being in the mosh pit with the hammer war clearly visible. You wouldn't have said anything about the warrior's teammates if you didn't think in some way that they should temper the current balance of hammer spellbreaker for existing.

Also, the low damage isn't the only balancing factor, the warrior also has to be within hugging distance of you and has very obvious animations for every attack that staggers you. If you let that happen in a team fight and you don't have a button to respond to it you still got outplayed. Your time to play the game came and went when you saw a hammer war near you and didn't start adjusting your position.

Not to mention the warrior is just as viable a target as you are in this scenario, and while they are holding the hammer they cannot block most incoming damage. Where's your team, why aren't they saving you? 

Wrong. My boy Sweet Eddie has humiliated you repeatedly because you have no argument. You literally had to make up something unrelated to even respond to me. And you clearly can't comprehend that this is a team game.

And yet here you are, making the same non-argument because you have nothing to give us. You literally can't address the points we're making so you go off topic and post something irrelevant. You're only winning in your mind, mate. We have destroyed everything you have thrown at the wall yet you won't give up.

Just lotg off, mate. You don't understand the concepts of critical thinking enough to participate in this discussion, lool. This is an EZ win for us. 🤣😂

• Like 1
  • Confused 4

Warrior has incredible mobility with GS, then add leaps with dagger...you can dodge just that many times...now FC trigger off even when not no action taken(dunno to this day if this is bug) ...now they go Rampage....to still claim that warrior, especially spellbreaker, can be considered anything but too strong...shows a clear picture of gw2 playerbase

• Like 1
  • Confused 2