If someone have Legendary runes, they didn't buy Soto,

9 minutes ago, WeightTrainer.3219 said:

We are all wondering the same thing. Anet hasn't really been forthcoming with information.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en-gb/news/relics-bring-new-equipment-to-guild-wars-2-secrets-of-the-obscure/

Guild Wars 2: Secrets of the Obscure will release with forty core relics and twelve expansion relics. Core relics, which have effects inspired by many of the current rune sets, will be available to all players regardless of expansion ownership. Additional core relics will be added over time as part of our ongoing commitment to improving our core game features; our overarching goal is to offer more viable choices despite fewer overall options.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

50 minutes ago, Parasite.5389 said:

there are 40 Core relics, available to all players regardless of expansions owned

This isn't wrong, but what they are asking is since there are also relics only tied to the expansion, is being able to get the legendary relic itself also tied to owning the expansion. To which we don't really know because they haven't said, but the answer is most likely yes because if they have achievements tied to it like Aurora and Vision they will most likely be locked behind expansion activities.

• Like 7
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Acheron.1580 said:

This isn't wrong, but what they are asking is since there are also relics only tied to the expansion, is being able to get the legendary relic itself also tied to owning the expansion. To which we don't really know because they haven't said, but the answer is most likely yes because if they have achievements tied to it like Aurora and Vision they will most likely be locked behind expansion activities.

Exactly.

• Like 3
  • Confused 4

Look, i'm just answering the question as it's presented, i'm not here to try and decipher Every possible meaning of 17 words;
the Question:

4 hours ago, babana.7521 said:

They will have the  6th bonus removed and can never get it unless they buy the expansion? 

Answer: No, 6th rune bonuses are not being removed, they(runes) are being reworked to now only provide a Stat bonuses. Legendary rune will still provice a 6th rune bonus.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 6

The way I understand the blog posts, regardless of whether you buy SotO expansion or not, the rune/relic rework is introduced.

After xpac launches, all runes will now provide typical stat increases for all rune slots (all 6).

The previous 6th bonus effect is moved to the new relic. Regardless of you owning xpac, you will get a box to choose 3 relics from the set of all, available core relics.

Then, if you have other xpacs, e.g. PoF, HoT or EoD, you will be able to acquire relics for these xpacs too.

If you do not own SotO, you cannot get relics specific to that xpac, nor will yo be able to craft the legendary Relic when it gets introduced, because it will probably be tied to the SotO expansion. This last part is me guessing, but it makes sense it needs stuff from that xpac.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

On 8/8/2023 at 4:26 AM, Dondarrion.2748 said:

If you do not own SotO, you cannot get relics specific to that xpac, nor will yo be able to craft the legendary Relic when it gets introduced, because it will probably be tied to the SotO expansion. This last part is me guessing, but it makes sense it needs stuff from that xpac.

Legendary relic I don’t believe has to be tied to the expac. The reason being is that legendary runes and sigils are not tied to any expac. They are core. Also, relics are touted as an expansion feature, but relics are just a core system update. There is no good reason for them to make a legendary relic tied to the expac. To me, I feel like it will be made similar to how a rune/sigil is made. They will add more crafting components that you will get from salvaging relics, and you will save those to create a legendary. That is most likely.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

16 minutes ago, Dark Red Killian.3946 said:

Legendary relic I don’t believe has to be tied to the expac. The reason being is that legendary runes and sigils are not tied to any expac. They are core. Also, relics are touted as an expansion feature, but relics are just a core system update. There is no good reason for them to make a legendary relic tied to the expac. To me, I feel like it will be made similar to how a rune/sigil is made. They will add more crafting components that you will get from salvaging relics, and you will save those to create a legendary. That is most likely.

On the blogpost they mentioned that some of the relics would only be unlocked by doing SotO story, so being able to get the legendary relic and unlock those story only relics without the expansion seems unlikely. Which is why you will probably need the expansion to make it, and probably only after you've done everything in it.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Acheron.1580 said:

On the blogpost they mentioned that some of the relics would only be unlocked by doing SotO story, so being able to get the legendary relic and unlock those story only relics without the expansion seems unlikely. Which is why you will probably need the expansion to make it, and probably only after you've done everything in it.

This may be true for non-legendary relics. If you ever created a legendary, however,, you would know that Legendaries have always been the best equipment in the game. Any time new content releases with new stats, those new stats are immediately accessible by the legendary version. This should not change with relics, legendary version will always contact core relics as well as soto relics. It will even contain relics from expac 5, 6, etc. when they are released. This does not mean you need certain said expac to create the legendary. You and I are just speculating really about the acquisition, so we could be wrong. I mean legendary accessories are only accessible through season 3 and season 4 of living world and not core game. One ring is through raids even, which is gated by expac. You could be right. I’m sure we’ll find out soon enough.

• Confused 1

9 hours ago, Dark Red Killian.3946 said:

While technically you can get those Provisioner's Tokens from the major hubs if you don't own any xpacs, I'd say the only viable way to acquire them all is having at least the HoT xpac so you get access to the PT vendors in the 3 HoT maps too. You're right Leg Runes+Sigils aren't restricted behind xpac, but Gifts of Craftmanship are about 4-5x the gold price if you don't.... darn capitalist buy-to-play/buy-to-win game *cuss* 😄 

On 8/7/2023 at 8:24 PM, Parasite.5389 said:

Look, i'm just answering the question as it's presented, i'm not here to try and decipher Every possible meaning of 17 words;
the Question:

Answer: No, 6th rune bonuses are not being removed, they(runes) are being reworked to now only provide a Stat bonuses. Legendary rune will still provice a 6th rune bonus.

Wrong the effect is being removed.

Why are some people gaslighting the discussions? 

I.E for Scholar Rune, as far as it presented:

- Rune 6th effect NOW: +125 Ferocity/increase strike damage by 5% while your health is above 90%.

- Rune 6th effect AFTER SOTO+125 Ferocity ONLY

- RUNE 6th EFFECT + RELIC: +125 Ferocity + (relic) increase strike damage by 5% while your health is above 90%.

So yea, being removed.

• Like 5
  • Confused 4

2 hours ago, Wolfyno.2704 said:

- Rune 6th effect NOW: +125 Ferocity/increase strike damage by 5% while your health is above 90%.

- RUNE 6th EFFECT + RELIC: +125 Ferocity + (relic) increase strike damage by 5% while your health is above 90%.

So yea, being removed.

And we dont know if the relic scholar will stay 5% damage while health is above 90% either just like att relic of the thief nerf.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Parasite.5389 said:

because it's click-bait

Nope, quite a valid question actually, the relic system means that not only are we to lose flexibility from already acquired items just to GRIND it back, but maybe worse, as we might need to PAY for it (Legendary relic achievement may need to have bought SOTO to be unlocked)  before we are able to grind it back ... Is this a first clear step towards a PAY2WIN gw2? with the Jade it was quite the power creep but now? 

Still waiting to see how bad can it get ... so far, "most" of our complains / requests have fallen on deaf ears. 

• Like 4
  • Confused 3

3 minutes ago, Wolfyno.2704 said:

Nope, quite a valid question actually, the relic system means that not only are we to lose flexibility from already acquired items just to GRIND it back, but maybe worse, as we might need to PAY for it (Legendary relic achievement may need to have bought SOTO to be unlocked)  before we are able to grind it back ... Is this a first clear step towards a PAY2WIN gw2? with the Jade it was quite the power creep but now? 

Still waiting to see how bad can it get ... so far, "most" of our complains / requests have fallen on deaf ears. 

erm... yeah, wasn't taking about that, but thanks for playing.

@Cronospere.8143  asked why the question was split between the title and the post.

Edited by Parasite.5389
  • Confused 2

4 hours ago, Wolfyno.2704 said:

So yea, being removed.

It will likely be replaced, rather than simply removing it. Some runes are already entirely stats, so if they remove it, that would mean halving the stats on some runes without any compensation. Also, +% damage is likely considered a stat, so that one probably isn't going to change.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

It already has the stat bonus, so it won't get any compensation. Scholar will most likely simply "lose", where anything that had no stat bonus will gain a new one. As far as we know condition and boon durations still count as "stats", as well as 25% movement speed, maaaaaybe +10% max health. There's a few runes that technically have 2 6-piece bonuses because they have stats + an effect and I'm pretty sure they are just going to lose the bonus effect without compensation. I don't think % damage will be a stat because it would wildly shift the meta to any rune that has it.

Edited by Acheron.1580
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1