What is ANET policy on AFK Runners?

Poisenbery.8013

I've been getting more and more frustrated with a 50+ queue into EBG and finding 10+ AFK runners.

What is the policy on this? I'm pretty sure it falls under the "Unattended gameplay is prohibited" part of the COC/TOS.

I'm literally going to start recording ya'll and sending report tickets with the video proof.

it's annoying and anyone who does it is selfish. 

• Like 7
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

34 minutes ago, ilMasa.2546 said:

To a wall 

Oh, I've seen that sometimes. I thought it had no purpose anymore since you keep your participation at logout. In the past you would have to wait for your participation to run out or out would lose it. Is there any reason why players would avoid afk detection nowadays?

2 hours ago, TheQuickFox.3826 said:

Oh, I've seen that sometimes. I thought it had no purpose anymore since you keep your participation at logout. In the past you would have to wait for your participation to run out or out would lose it. Is there any reason why players would avoid afk detection nowadays?

It doesn't even work nowadays, I wall run (as long as ANY map isn't qued) when I step away to a "short" task thats supposed to be 5- mins, I sometimes come back in less than 12 and Im alrdy logged off by the game.
Feels like they are doing/testing stuff behind the scenes, cuz me wanting to keep the tick timer from being uninterrupted was not successful.

Edited by MercurialKuroSludge.8974
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

I suppose being AFK while participation runs out could get you more rewards - if you can get your participation back up faster than it takes to run out, you come out ahead.  For example, it takes 10-15 minutes of non participation to stop getting rewards (exact timing depends on how much time was left until the next reward).  If you are able to come back and get to participation level in 5 minutes, that got you an extra reward.

I personally don't really like the reward system given it is time based (which encourages this behavior, or other activities to keep participation up), but I don't really have an ideas for a better solution.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

i think they need to change it so "moving or casting a skill" doesn't include autorun or autocast, then the problem will be solved. you'll still get players putting a coin on their keyboard or something, but it'll be much harder to pull off than just pressing a single key.

the entire point is to make it difficult or inconvenient!

Edited by SoftFootpaws.9134

On 8/9/2023 at 8:02 AM, TheQuickFox.3826 said:

So you don't get in a Q started by these people, some are even started on purpose from the opposite server to give you a Q from their Alt accounts.

On 8/8/2023 at 7:27 PM, MercurialKuroSludge.8974 said:

It doesn't even work nowadays, I wall run (as long as ANY map isn't qued) when I step away to a "short" task thats supposed to be 5- mins, I sometimes come back in less than 12 and Im alrdy logged off by the game.
Feels like they are doing/testing stuff behind the scenes, cuz me wanting to keep the tick timer from being uninterrupted was not successful.

You gotta make sure you have a skill that is auto casting while running into a corner of your ebg keep or safe zone area. You should be able to get a solid 30 minutes or more of doing nothing.