CM Fractals Daily Rewards / Random Drops

Hey,

Me and a lot of Friends Miss the Good old days, where you Can get mystic Coins as Random Drops.

is There any chance, to get  some other Random Drops? 
CM fractals ( Silent Surf 100%) feels so worthless for the Time you Spend There.

i Think it could be a motivation for get some new Fractal Challenge Modus Player.

4 hours ago, NewAge.5724 said:

CM fractals ( Silent Surf 100%) feels so worthless for the Time you Spend There.

Don't do silent surf, maybe if few enough players do it they'll abandon fractals and invest it into a end game type instead since fractals were a good and completed form of content and now every new fractal just harms the mode and makes it less fun AND less rewarding since deepstone.

• Like 1
  • Confused 4

I don’t get all the complaining about cms not being worth the time, etc. fractals are the biggest source of gold in the game. I wished they would give strikes and raids the fractal reward treatment just so they are repeatable for good rewards on a daily basis like fractals. I love fractals, but I also like playing strikes and raids. I find myself playing more fractals simply because it’s easier to fill a group and rewards are daily. If I do strikes/raids, it’s once a week for the biggest reward. The daily strikes don’t even come close to the daily fractals, it’s just plain sad. Give raids/strikes true daily gold rewards that compare to fractals, maybe even increase the amount due to complexity, and you should see more groups. 

i am gonna split my reply into 2 parts, about silent surf and all cms

•  rewards from cms in general

frac cm's are still very profitable content if you do it efficiently (that is without any unnecesary wipes). we have very stable and predictible rewards, so regular loot (rares/exotics, some mats, encryptions etc.) and Integrated Fractal Matrix to exchange for keys. but also both shattered and sunqua have some rare loot you can sell ( celestial inf, tonic from ai etc.). do fracs need more rare loot i am never going to see? ehh.... not really?

and about MC. they didnt lower overall loot from cms, but just removed item from loot table. meaning if we were getting 1 item from table which had MC, exotic item, rare gear, ecto, ascended armor etc. removing MC means we get something else. sure net profit is slightly smaller as some items are acc bound (or have lower value like rare gear) but thats barely noticible. after this change was introduced i remember Anet shared some data on droprates and this is not even 2g per day change (for all 3 fracs together)

what cms in general need is addition of new (optional) stuff that could be bought with fractal relics and other fractal acc-bound currency, not neceserily convertable to gold (maybe with weekly limit?) or new layer of upgrades, cosmetics that dont cost gold to get, etc.   i am sitting at 200k fractal relics and there is nothing i can do with it, would be awesome to get something usefull for that

• Silent Surf

silent surf has other issues currently.   full of bugs and stupid instabilities, much easier to wipe (instakills), unneceserily long fight without any checkpoint ( 43m hp vs sunqua 2 phases for 15m) and people dont know yet how to play it. if you could go in and 1-shot it than it would be more or less fine reward wise, but... thats nearly impossible. 

beside fixing stuff, they could add more encryption (just like deepstone, chaos & nightmare) drop or some new frac currency (together with next fractal) and new items for it

• notes for future

one issue i see comming in near future is "too many daily fracs". we just got 4-th cm and 5-th is on the way ( at some point in expansion) meaning that cm dudes will soon have 5cm+3 daily t4. thats becoming a bit too much and we need some general change with how daily work. what i would like to see is small rework to daily t4 so either 1 of cms is always included in daily or implementing some sort of progression for daily t4's so we get some rewards while doing cm's

I just had a very smooth Fractal CMs + T4 run a few minutes ago with a PUG, including Silent Surf CM, which we beat on first try. There is nothing wrong with CM 100 other than some people's lack of skill. 😉

You also still do get occasional Mystic Coin drops from doing Fractals, so yay? 😄

• Confused 4

29 minutes ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

I just had a very smooth Fractal CMs + T4 run a few minutes ago with a PUG, including Silent Surf CM, which we beat on first try. There is nothing wrong with CM 100 other than some people's lack of skill. 😉

You also still do get occasional Mystic Coin drops from doing Fractals, so yay? 😄

Most likely from the master boxes right?

I don't think there's anything wrong with fractal drops in general. Mystic coins were nice, but a fractal god can get 30-40g in 1-1.5 hours doing old CMs, T4s, and recs. 

On 8/10/2023 at 8:47 AM, Ashantara.8731 said:

Silent Surf CM is certainly doable, but my group (all with all the new achievements from it) avoids it unless it's a daily. This is because it's simply not profitable. The other CMs all give an ascended ring or ascended salvage kit drop, while SS has neither. Unless you're trying to speed up mist attunements a bit more by getting the bonus 100 relics & 2 pristines, it's a total waste of time.

49 minutes ago, Aaron Forestman.4758 said:

Silent Surf CM is certainly doable, but my group (all with all the new achievements from it) avoids it unless it's a daily. This is because it's simply not profitable. The other CMs all give an ascended ring or ascended salvage kit drop, while SS has neither. Unless you're trying to speed up mist attunements a bit more by getting the bonus 100 relics & 2 pristines, it's a total waste of time.

I get your point, but to me, this Fractal is really fun, so I enjoy doing it daily. Hope they will buff the rewards with the upcoming patch.

• Confused 2

On 8/8/2023 at 4:35 PM, Kozumi.5816 said:

Don't do silent surf, maybe if few enough players do it they'll abandon fractals and invest it into a end game type instead since fractals were a good and completed form of content and now every new fractal just harms the mode and makes it less fun AND less rewarding since deepstone.

Sunqua CM is my favorite fractal boss fight and while I think Siren's Reef could have done without the treasure toss mechanics and related puzzle and boss phases, it's otherwise a good fractal.  I admit I dislike this new fractal.   The boss fight is long and boring and I really don't understand why they felt the need to reinvent the wheel with those clunky bundle mechanics when we already have similar mechanics that function more smoothly.

I think we need more resources toward fractals.  3 years was way too long to wait.  Anything short of the best fractal we've ever seen probably would have fallen flat after that.  They also need to listen to feedback and consider what these fractals will feel like as daily repeatable content.  One of the reasons Deepstone is unpopular are the puzzle segments.  They drag the fractal out and they aren't fun or interesting the first time you do them, let alone the 100th time.  Fractals should be short and action-packed.  Everything in them should be using that time well or it isn't worth having.

Sunqua is another one that is problematic because, aside from the excellent final boss fight, the rest of the bosses feel like they exist simply to show you the mechanics of that final boss.  That's fine when you're new and it's a nice thought not to be blindsided by obscure mechanics later on, but as repeatable content it sucks.  I'd much rather fight a cool boss like Viirastra in Shattered Observatory as opposed to a pointless pile of rocks or that tedious air elemental where you spend most of the fight running around doing the orb phase.  It's great that they seemed to realize this training filler was unnecessary for CM and let you skip straight to the best part, but then why have it for normal mode when you could have just designed content worth playing through?

On 8/11/2023 at 2:18 PM, Aaron Forestman.4758 said:

I don't think there's anything wrong with fractal drops in general. Mystic coins were nice, but a fractal god can get 30-40g in 1-1.5 hours doing old CMs, T4s, and recs. 

as for mist attunements progression, i'm pretty sure the 42 farm gives more relics in the same amount of time you wasted on this thing, so unless you specifically need the pristines then its simply not worth the time or the effort even for that purpose. even then, the pristine relics you get could just be a few more days of dailies and cms tacked on to the end of the attunement level you're working on.

you would have to get a perfect and fast run with no wipes for it to be of any benefit. they really need to increase the rewards here, as well as in normal mode which takes longer than any other fractal boss but gives the same junk (especially on t3 rec, which feels like t4).

Edited by SoftFootpaws.9134
  • Like 1

On 8/11/2023 at 3:18 PM, Aaron Forestman.4758 said:

It's ok in 5 years we'll only have unprofitable fractals.

• Like 1
  • Confused 5