Please give non WvW Players the Chance to craft Legendary Weapons without forcing People to play it.

2 hours ago, Swoo.5079 said:

And you don't need the raid ring. You can use 2 confluxes.

You do need the raid ring to create the 'planetarium' effect--while divisive in its look is still why I mentioned the ring.  I'd like that look (or at least something unique), and while I have enough mats to make another Conflux haven't purely because there is no visual benefit.  

2 hours ago, Swoo.5079 said:

Do you need fractals for anything but the 4x Gen2 HoT Leggies?

Yes; here is one you need Molten Boss fractal for one step of crafting Dusk to make Twilight:

Chest of the End - Guild Wars 2 Wiki (GW2W)

Molten Collapse - Guild Wars 2 Wiki (GW2W)

I'm sure there are others, but not about to look all of them up.

So, unless all that's changed where we don't have to do instanced PvE, we're going to still have to have 'longbow PvE' players to give us extra Heavy Loot bags while they grind their GoB.

• Sad 1

Instanced (fractal) content is certainly different than raids or WvW.  In the case of fractals, for most legendary requirements, you can do them on Tier 1, and it really doesn't make a difference what your build or skill level is - you need a group, but not much else.  To be successful and WvW or Raids, there is a bit higher standard required.

SotO is adding OW PvE legendary armor, but until it is released, hard to say how true that really is.  It may be you purchase them with astral acclaim, and that if you only do the OW PvE dailies, it will take a really long time, so heading in fractals, dungeons, WvW, etc to get that faster might still compel people to do that content that they really don't like.  But at least then, they have a choice - do distasteful content to get the item faster, or not.  Right now, for GoB or GoE, there really is no choice - if you want those items, you have to do content you really may not like.

On 8/17/2023 at 12:26 AM, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

You do need the raid ring to create the 'planetarium' effect--while divisive in its look is still why I mentioned the ring.  I'd like that look (or at least something unique), and while I have enough mats to make another Conflux haven't purely because there is no visual benefit.  

Yes; here is one you need Molten Boss fractal for one step of crafting Dusk to make Twilight:

Chest of the End - Guild Wars 2 Wiki (GW2W)

Molten Collapse - Guild Wars 2 Wiki (GW2W)

I'm sure there are others, but not about to look all of them up.

So, unless all that's changed where we don't have to do instanced PvE, we're going to still have to have 'longbow PvE' players to give us extra Heavy Loot bags while they grind their GoB.

You don't have to craft the precursors - you can either buy them (probably the most efficient choice) or toss rares in the mystic toilet. That is how I got most of mine gen1 precursors.

• Sad 1

Been requested many times. No change so far. Though they seem to make certain stuff easier for certain types of players. (Legendary PvE armor without raid requirement.) Personally I have no problem with WvW ... prefer PvP a bit though. I just wonder why for PvP you can buy the mats of the TP and for WvW you have to play WvW actually (= joining the WvW map and at least cap a camp every 10 minute sor so :D).

On 8/19/2023 at 9:21 PM, Luthan.5236 said:

Been requested many times. No change so far. Though they seem to make certain stuff easier for certain types of players. (Legendary PvE armor without raid requirement.) Personally I have no problem with WvW ... prefer PvP a bit though. I just wonder why for PvP you can buy the mats of the TP and for WvW you have to play WvW actually (= joining the WvW map and at least cap a camp every 10 minute sor so :D).

Anet is not very consistent - I guess it is the spirit of the triforge. The good of it is that if you don't like something chances are it won't apply to all of the game.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

On 8/19/2023 at 12:21 PM, Luthan.5236 said:

I just wonder why for PvP you can buy the mats of the TP and for WvW you have to play WvW actually (= joining the WvW map and at least cap a camp every 10 minute sor so :D).

Which PvP leg mats can you buy from the TP, that you can't buy the equivalent for WvW?

Edited by idpersona.3810
corrected can to can't
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

This was only regarding the legendary weapons. (Not regarding dedicated PvP/WvW stuff - like the armor. They both have stuff where you need to play that game mode.) First gen does not need PvP at all. Later generations have a gift where you can buy the 250 normal shards of glory from the TP. The memories of battle (WvW) as well. But then the gift of battle where you need to play WvW. And no such counterpart for PvP though. Only tp-buyable stuff there.

• Confused 1

8 minutes ago, Luthan.5236 said:

This was only regarding the legendary weapons. (Not regarding dedicated PvP/WvW stuff - like the armor. They both have stuff where you need to play that game mode.) First gen does not need PvP at all. Later generations have a gift where you can buy the 250 normal shards of glory from the TP. The memories of battle (WvW) as well. But then the gift of battle where you need to play WvW. And no such counterpart for PvP though. Only tp-buyable stuff there.

Oh okay. I've crafted many legendaries at this point and just found that line confusing. I don't do PvP at all and just purchase the 250 Shards of Glory from the TP fairly cheap. MoB are also purchaable, but are much more expensive.
I do think the GoB should be attainable in PvP. Seems a weird choice for it to not be. Aside from the GoB though, most the components are just a gold/mat sink.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

On 8/9/2023 at 1:04 PM, KriZZ.9025 said:

Please give non WvW Players the Chance to craft Legendary Weapons without forcing People to play it.

And also please give WvW Players the Chance to craft Legendary Weapons without forcing WvW players to play PvE.

scnr.

• Haha 2

I feel like it’s incredibly outdated design to force players to participate in game modes they don’t enjoy to reach a monumental goal like a legendary item.  I can’t think of any other MMO or RPG that makes you do that.  PvP and PvE are very strictly separated when it comes to rewards and achievements because it’s common sense that everyone enjoys what they enjoy, and people are much more likely to play a game if they actually enjoy it.  

I see by the reactions to your post that the forum community is still allergic to any form of change whatsoever.  

Obtaining gifts and legendaries already has nothing to do with skill, it’s time committed, so requiring gifts of battle when you could substitute that for a gift from open world or instanced pve that takes equally long to obtain wouldn’t do any harm at all.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

2 hours ago, idpersona.3810 said:

Oh okay. I've crafted many legendaries at this point and just found that line confusing. I don't do PvP at all and just purchase the 250 Shards of Glory from the TP fairly cheap. MoB are also purchaable, but are much more expensive.
I do think the GoB should be attainable in PvP. Seems a weird choice for it to not be. Aside from the GoB though, most the components are just a gold/mat sink.

Yes. I also now read your other post in the thread where you suggested this. And you explained that it might not take that long to get a GoB in WvW with boosters and suff. I first thought about introducing something new (replacing another component) to also force people to play PvP.

Making them able to chose one game mode (for the other one the option to buy the remaining stuff from TP) seems the best solution though. Would need less balancing (PvP reward track might take longer - I don't know. Depends on the play style and I only play without boosters usually and found it faster than WvW but I did not pay the track. Might just the time passing faster cause it feels more fun to play PvP for me.)

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Emblem_of_Victory

That emblem is another thing. They could introduce a PvP option with this. No other use than the legendary - that is not really important. (An amulet and for that slot most people might get the one from the return to achievements in PvE.) The wins need some time to accumulate. Even if you play a lot. Could give something useful to players that still have some in their inventory already - saving them.

• Like 1

With all necessary xp boosters its like half a day at maximum.  Its not bad at all.  Ofc there was even better option to buy bloody thing with badges of honor, but reward track is decent alternative.  Be happy that you are not "FORCED"  to play pvp or that would  be end of the world, no? 

Idk If anyone even plays  it, but you can always go to EOTM and try to get it there. 

Half a day of time, while may not be a lot, can really feel like a lot if it is a game mode you really don't enjoy.   And if you have limited play time available, using up most of it for a game mode you don't like is somewhat disheatening.

A common response is also "You don't need legendary items", which is true.  Anet also doesn't need my money, but I'm sure they would like it.  And IMO, if one is a mostly an OW PvE player, legendary items is one of the few endgame/long term goals to potentially keep people interested.

I do take hope the SotO is adding OW PvE legendary armor, but until that is released and details are released, hard to say how true that will be.  So maybe there is hope that they will similarly remove the GoB/GoE requirements or make them available through other methods (spending a bunch of the new currency, for example - you really want to avoid WvW, you could, but you are giving up something else to get it)

• Confused 2