Will the new Legendary Armor require Gifts of Craftsmenship?

Or any other items that require Provisioner Tokens? I'm about to get enough of them for a full set of Legendary Runes (yes, I know they'll lose value in SotO and I'm OK with that) but I also plan on making the new open world Legendary Armor for my medium characters, and that takes priority to me. Are any of the devs able to confirm or deny if the new legendary armor will have any components that require Provisioner Tokens to obtain?

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, HeliosMagi.9867 said:

Or any other items that require Provisioner Tokens? I'm about to get enough of them for a full set of Legendary Runes (yes, I know they'll lose value in SotO and I'm OK with that) but I also plan on making the new open world Legendary Armor for my medium characters, and that takes priority to me. Are any of the devs able to confirm or deny if the new legendary armor will have any components that require Provisioner Tokens to obtain?

Considering there is no legendary armor on release the 22nd you got plenty of time to gather more provisioner tokens the coming months while you wait for them to get implemented.

1 hour ago, HeliosMagi.9867 said:

the runes aren't losing value in the coming expansion, that's just a myth. they're just separating certain bonuses from runes into relics; for example we know that passive movement speed will remain something you get from runes rather than relics.

if anything they will be even stronger in the future since you can take benefits that were never used before.

as for provisioner's tokens, i would just buy the easy ones once per day (for currencies like obsidian shards) as this should easily build up enough in time for the armor's release, as it won't be coming with the expansion itself but in the next quarterly update (presumably). i find it highly unlikely they'll be required though, as those are heart of thorns content, and for example gen3 legendary weapons are nothing like gen2.

Edited by SoftFootpaws.9134
  • Like 1
  • Confused 11

1 hour ago, SoftFootpaws.9134 said:

the runes aren't losing value in the coming expansion, that's just a myth. they're just separating certain bonuses from runes into relics; for example we know that passive movement speed will remain something you get from runes rather than relics.

That basically says "you dont lose value of legendary runes, but you do lose value from legendary runes". Losing a part of already paid for functionality is a loss of value. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

54 minutes ago, soulknight.9620 said:

That basically says "you dont lose value of legendary runes, but you do lose value from legendary runes". Losing a part of already paid for functionality is a loss of value. 

this would be true if relics were just offering existing bonuses and not entirely new and revamped ones. players are going to have to accept that the game has to progress to avoid becoming waterlogged, and sometimes that progress will be somewhat destructive.

its still entirely horizontal progression by a long shot, with a decade of changes being less than one year of changes in other games.

Edited by SoftFootpaws.9134
  • Like 2
  • Confused 6
  • Sad 1

They'll probably never tell us something like this, because the ingredients control the economy and they had insider trading problems in the past. It's probably on lock down.

That said, I could see them making legendary relics use them. Might be a good idea to do the daily cheap purchases of those tokens. Doesn't really hurt. They also added a WvW provisioner token source, so seasoned WvW players can grind out some currencies for backup if they want to bulk buy those weeklies in the future.

1 hour ago, Quench.7091 said:

That said, I could see them making legendary relics use them. Might be a good idea to do the daily cheap purchases of those tokens. Doesn't really hurt. They also added a WvW provisioner token source, so seasoned WvW players can grind out some currencies for backup if they want to bulk buy those weeklies in the future.

I think there's at least a decent chance they will specifically because they just added a way to get the token into WvW.

As said, the armor isn't coming for another quarter at least so there's plenty of time to farm up the tokens.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Omega.6801 said:

I hope so. The new legendaary armor should be just as expensive and time conuming as the other armors, if not more, depending on how easy the open world part is.

Can you imagine if the company offered every 3x months , a snglie piece of the Raiding Armor  in the WvW , wiith a huge grind for half the mats  and afterwards in the PvP for the rest  ... like a special event (and if people dont like the pvp , they can wait for the WvW event to pop again) ?

This will be a very good , justifiable grind !!!

Edited by Killthehealersffs.8940
  • Confused 3

Lots of people wonder about this. Rather than giving an actual estimate on whether they will make it take provisioner tokens to get overworld armor, I'll offer a hypothetical instead. 

How mad would you be, if 
-Obsidian Armor (or however they call it) takes a gift of craftsmanship to make
BUT
-There are new faction provisioners in the new zones offering tokens for items from the new content, ergo you can get more provisioner tokens per day than before.

Edited by GeraldBC.4927
  • Sad 1

On 8/11/2023 at 6:20 AM, HeliosMagi.9867 said:

You'll probably have to wait for the armor release to see what you need for it.

13 hours ago, Killthehealersffs.8940 said:

Can you imagine if the company offered every 3x months , a snglie piece of the Raiding Armor  in the WvW , wiith a huge grind for half the mats  and afterwards in the PvP for the rest  ... like a special event (and if people dont like the pvp , they can wait for the WvW event to pop again) ?

This will be a very good , justifiable grind !!!

Can you imagine repeatedly assuring everyone you don't care about the skin but then still trying to bait the easier skin access without playing the content? You said if you'll want raid skin, you'll play raids, so try sticking to your own words. 🤔

On 8/11/2023 at 8:03 AM, SoftFootpaws.9134 said:

the runes aren't losing value in the coming expansion

Yes, they are, the bonus effects get ripped from them which is a clear value loss. You're comparing current runes to future runes+relics and try to build a claim that runes don't lose anything because runes+relics will have more combinations. Meanwhile take CURRENT RUNES and compare them to post-change RUNES (instead of post-change runes+relics). The whole build system doesn't lose value, but runes themselves absolutely do.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 5
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

They said we'll be able to farm for it from day one, even before said armor will be in the game, so i think the recipe will be announced earlier.

Not sure, but maybe. How I understood it is that they already told us we will need items dropping from rifts for it, rifts will be available since expansion release, so you can keep farming rifts to get some of the components needed to craft even if you don't know the full recipe. But maybe they'll reveal it on release anyways, who knows.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Not sure, but maybe. How I understood it is that they already told us we will need items dropping from rifts for it, rifts will be available since expansion release, so you can keep farming rifts to get some of the components needed to craft even if you don't know the full recipe. But maybe they'll reveal it on release anyways, who knows.

They also said you need to unlock all new armor collections for it.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

On 8/10/2023 at 9:20 PM, HeliosMagi.9867 said:

Expect it to be very account bound resource heavy so I wouldn't be surprised if they're reused for this set.

Edited by enigmatic.3576
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1