Discover the Wonders within the Wizard’s Vault in Guild Wars 2: Secrets of the Obscure

1 minute ago, WRay.2391 said:

This is exactly the question and seems like they don't want or can't reply right now. Probably not a good sign.

Probably nothing. They want you playing not just logging in getting the rewards and logging off. They want people on everyday playing and buying stuff from the gem store. Not just coming on, playing the new story content then disappearing from months. I know I'm not playing that much. and only really log in once a day, get my rewards then log off. There is currently nothing I wany/haven't already done countless times that I want to do in game. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, jokke.6239 said:

I think this new system could be a big deal for maintaining new players 

I think there's a big percentage of new players who quits once they hit lvl 80 and don't know what to do

I feel like that's one of GW2's biggest problems probably, since it works so differently than other MMO's

It's a good way of motivating people to play content

Giving them direction

But we'll see

I don't think that. There are loads of things to do if you've just cracked 80, there are 3 expacs, living world etc. Once you've done all the story I'd agree. Dungeons are dead, fractels get old fast, Strike missions are just beefed-up boss fights and raids are just for "hardcore" elitists.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

8 minutes ago, jokke.6239 said:

I think there's a big percentage of new players who quits once they hit lvl 80 and don't know what to do

I feel like that's one of GW2's biggest problems probably, since it works so differently than other MMO's

Giving them direction

But we'll see

Well, it has nothing to do with login rewards. Introduce the new system for direction, leave login rewards intact. I see no correlation between them.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Previously this announce, with MC value around 1.4 gold, 20 MC + 55 Laurels grants 49 gold profit per account every 22 days (already considering the 15% tax from selling MC and t3/t4 materials on trading post). 

Considering we still need to make 3 dailies to get 2 gold reward, this mean we gonna need 30 AA to get 2 gold. So 2 gold / 30 = 0.0666.. gold per AA.

140 AA got from daily login * 0.06666... per AA = 9.3 gold per account every 22 days of daily login.

From 49 to 9, this is the current math.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

1 minute ago, WRay.2391 said:

I understand. And I'm not against new system at all as well. I just see no reason to cut login rewards while masking it with unrelated system.

We dont know, yet, if they are cutting login rewards. If tbe 5AA that Rubi mentioned we will get from logging in is sufficient to buy rewards comparable to what we get for logging in now we dont lose anything....

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

15 minutes ago, jokke.6239 said:

Giving them direction

But we'll see

So these new daily tasks will count as giving the players direction, but current dailies don't? How?

• Like 2

The image shown in the blogpost has each objective with a chest (the 40 AA), and then the big chest at the top for doing 6. Except the image also looks like it only has space for 6 objectives, so if I want to get the most out of the new system, am I also required to do all of the PvE, PvP, and WvW objectives? I'm pretty sure with the current system people mostly focused on the area they enjoyed the most, the new system looks like you only get maximum rewards if you do all of it, and my concern is that AA purchasing power will be balanced around that, meaning if you want to be able to buy the exclusives as well as the older daily login rewards you are going to have to be active in all game modes.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

25 minutes ago, soulknight.9620 said:

The question for me is: Will i be able to do weekly achievs to get that chest thign with only pve? Or will it be forced pvp/wvw to get that weekly achiev? 

They said you can check or uncheck modes and it won't give your dailies or weeklies in those modes. I imagine the first week it'll just give you some of each and you won't be able replace those weeklies, but from then on I'd think you won't have to deal with them.

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Acheron.1580 said:

The image shown in the blogpost has each objective with a chest (the 40 AA), and then the big chest at the top for doing 6. Except the image also looks like it only has space for 6 objectives, so if I want to get the most out of the new system, am I also required to do all of the PvE, PvP, and WvW objectives? I'm pretty sure with the current system people mostly focused on the area they enjoyed the most, the new system looks like you only get maximum rewards if you do all of it, and my concern is that AA purchasing power will be balanced around that, meaning if you want to be able to buy the exclusives as well as the older daily login rewards you are going to have to be active in all game modes.

This is the second time I have seen someone ask if they will need to do the PvP and WvW dailies on top of the PvE options to get maximum rewards from the new system. I dont understand the question, perhaps I am missing something, because you have to do all of them to get maximum rewards now.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4

3 minutes ago, WRay.2391 said:

You mean they introduced grind for something that was given initially as a compensation for real time money paid for the game? It is significant.

You will still get daily login rewards in the form of 5AA. It does remain to be seen how much that will purchase though.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

2 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Do we know the prices of the rewards? Because if not then we're unable to say whether or not it means something.

no, but people are saying its only 5, it adds up, who said you need to buy something that same day, you just accumulate them, than when we find out how much something costs in astral acclaim, you than buy it.

Edited by vrauns.3215
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1