Discover the Wonders within the Wizard’s Vault in Guild Wars 2: Secrets of the Obscure

13 minutes ago, Acheron.1580 said:

Pretty sure someone said (in this thread or elsewhere) that might teapot had 40 accounts and it generated 2000 gold per month for him. So that would imply that it did / can / does happen.

Yes but do you know how long it take to login to 40 account every day?

+ the inventory managment 1  account is a hassle imagine it times 40.

Edited by Linken.6345
  • Like 2

30 minutes ago, Acheron.1580 said:

I agree with the sentiment behind the passive income issue, the only one that is a serious issue imo is the jade runestone which they could fix without impacting all the other ones. The problem is that with a flying mount you can already skip 70-85% of the jumping puzzles already so it feels unnecessary to change it. If people park alts for the sake of convenience it doesn't bother me just because the rewards from those chests are so bad you probably won't get a return on the character slot.

It doesn't matter how much gold JP generated. It's either exploit or not. You ended up giving arbitrary definition based how you feel about it. If getting income while skipping intended work is an exploit, then JP is more severe than alt account, because login reward was by design. The only reason it got changed is Anet income.

Do I understand that Anet was loosing potential gem sales? Yes. Has it anything to do with exploit? No. Just greed 

• Like 3
  • Confused 3

4 minutes ago, WRay.2391 said:

It doesn't matter how much gold JP generated. It's either exploit or not. You ended up giving arbitrary definition based how you feel about it. If getting income while skipping intended work is an exploit, then JP is more severe than alt account, because login reward was by design. The only reason it got changed is Anet income.

Do I understand that Anet was loosing potential gem sales? Yes. Has it anything to do with exploit? No. Just greed 

Good point. So yes I'd say it's an exploit based on the idea that you aren't playing the game, there is no effort, only reward. Do I care about it? Not really, because between flying mounts and mesmers there's nothing you can do about it. Except the jade runestone farm, where you can simply add checkpoints to it like the first zone has for their jumping puzzle.

If the gem sales are impacted by the exploit, then it does have everything to do with it.

Edited by Acheron.1580
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Acheron.1580 said:

15 seconds per log in, 30 at best if your computer is a potato, boo-hoo 10-20 mins.

So yea would you waste 30 mins a day if you have 1-2h of play time?

Probabely not you would rather swipe card get gold.

I'm one of those people with 40 accounts, it takes me really 30 minutes to login all accounts, there are restrictions from Anet that prevents people from login in too many times in a time.

That being said, we are not many, we are a rather small amount of people because the normal player would not even consider it. Since Teapots video the amount of people who are doing that has probably risen a bit, but looking at the prices a lot of stuff got more expensive even with the fact that technically more materials like T6, T4 and T3 are generated. Mystic coins are still above 2g and one laurel is currently worth 95 silver which before was around 60 - 70 silver.
The only thing that has gone down in price are T6 material and I don't think that alone is the fault of people farming login rewards.

Of course I'm biased, I'm benefiting from anet giving us free codes and letting us do what we do, but in the end anet is very protective over their economy if we where too much of a extreme anet would do something against us.

Edited by Linken.6345
  • Like 2

38 minutes ago, Linken.6345 said:

So yea would you waste 30 mins a day if you have 1-2h of play time?

Probabely not you would rather swipe card get gold.

I'm one of those people with 40 accounts, it takes me really 30 minutes to login all accounts, there are restrictions from Anet that prevents people from login in too many times in a time.

That being said, we are not many, we are a rather small amount of people because the normal player would not even consider it. Since Teapots video the amount of people who are doing that has probably risen a bit, but looking at the prices a lot of stuff got more expensive even with the fact that technically more materials like T6, T4 and T3 are generated. Mystic coins are still above 2g and one laurel is currently worth 95 silver which before was around 60 - 70 silver.
The only thing that has gone down in price are T6 material and I don't think that alone is the fault of people farming login rewards.

Of course I'm biased, I'm benefiting from anet giving us free codes and letting us do what we do, but in the end anet is very protective over their economy if we where too much of a extreme anet would do something against us.

So your argument is that because it takes 30 mins it's a hardship? ~60 gold for 30 mins of "work" and you think that's somehow unfair? If you did why would you do it? Does it change the fact you are getting enough gold for a legendary per month from 30 mins a day without even playing the game? It also doesn't explain how something like that isn't an exploit. I actually don't know where you were going with this defense. If your defense is once again "what we were doing, we were doing for the good of the economy" then again I say that's bull, you were doing it for yourself. Will the economy be affected after this? Probably. But we aren't sure in what direction. If you are suggesting I'll be sorry when the exploits dry up and everything is too expensive, we will just have to see.

Again, it IS being changed, so saying Anet would do something if they thought it was a problem; they are doing something.

Edited by Acheron.1580
Edit: was wrong, didn't read
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

16 minutes ago, Acheron.1580 said:

So your argument is that because it takes 30 mins it's a hardship? ~60 gold for 30 mins of "work" and you think that's somehow unfair? If you did why would you do it? Does it change the fact you are getting enough gold for a legendary per month from 30 mins a day without even playing the game? It also doesn't explain how something like that isn't an exploit. I actually don't know where you were going with this defense. If your defense is once again "what we were doing, we were doing for the good of the economy" then again I say that's bull, you were doing it for yourself. Will the economy be affected after this? Probably. But we aren't sure in what direction. If you are suggesting I'll be sorry when the exploits dry up and everything is too expensive, we will just have to see.

Again, it IS being changed, so saying Anet would do something if they thought it was a problem; they are doing something.

Edit: I also love the fact you said something like this doesn't happen, then immediately said "I do it too"

No you are correct Im doing what Im doing for me its Anet that have to care about the economy.

I dont think its unfair, its and was perfectly fair.

If they want to waste time for 30 mins a day just login into accounts instead of playing the game more power to them.

Uhm were did you write that I do it to?

yes I login to 5 accounts and do weekly keyruns lvl10 sometimes 40 and 60 too, dailies raids on 2 of them, harvest guildhalls, home instance, chest etc.

So yea I guess I actualy play them compared to what you complain about here

I never said it did not happen could you link that?

Edit

Yea the redit post is 2 years old so this was awhile ago.

My it never happened was a response to you saying they do nothing if they login to 40 accounts a day for it to happen 30 mins a day 30 days a month its not nothing.

Edit 2

I see were your confusion comes from it was just  me copying a poster on redit to show how long it takes to login it was not me saying I have 40 accounts and doing this.

Edited by Linken.6345
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, Linken.6345 said:

yea that have never happeend tho since ever so yea, if you think loging in to 20, 40 or 100 acount is nothing then I got a bridge to sell you mate.

19 minutes ago, Linken.6345 said:

Sorry, read that as "people don't bother logging in to 20, 40, 100 accounts because it's work", as an argument for why people wouldn't have 40 accounts

As I mentioned I have no issue with people playing the game to make gold. There are semantics where "If I get 2 gold doing daily stuff and 2 gold just logging in whats the difference", but one I'd say was intended as a reward, the other was intended as an incentive to log in every day and is being abused when it's the only thing you use the account for.

I don't consider it fair or unfair. Like I said you getting a legendary doesn't impact my play at all.

• Confused 2

Just now, Acheron.1580 said:

Sorry, read that as "people don't bother logging in to 20, 40, 100 accounts because it's work", as an argument for why people wouldn't have 40 accounts

As I mentioned I have no issue with people playing the game to make gold. There are semantics where "If I get 2 gold doing daily stuff and 2 gold just logging in whats the difference", but one I'd say was intended as a reward, the other was intended as an incentive to log in every day and is being abused when it's the only thing you use the account for.

I don't consider it fair or unfair. Like I said you getting a legendary doesn't impact my play at all.

The key word there is nothing

I still find it to be something that can be worked around. Say it takes the 15 seconds to log in, but you can only do 20 in a row before it locks you out for say an hour. Do your 19 at the start, play your 20th for your time, do your last 20 at the end. I genuinely do not know how it works, or that there even was a system in place for something like that. Probably designed to make it less convenience for people doing it as a deterrent. With some clever multiboxing (since it apparently is allowed anyways), you could be playing and logging into accounts at the same time in a rotation as well. I just don't think the time factor is convincing me personally that it's a hardship.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

13 minutes ago, Linken.6345 said:

Edit

Yea the redit post is 2 years old so this was awhile ago.

My it never happened was a response to you saying they do nothing if they login to 40 accounts a day for it to happen 30 mins a day 30 days a month its not nothing.

Edit 2

I see were your confusion comes from it was just  me copying a poster on redit to show how long it takes to login it was not me saying I have 40 accounts and doing this.

Ah gotcha, yes I didn't catch that.

Players that have multiple accounts (like a lot of them) probably automate logins. And no one can really prove it. Also if there are restrictions for number of accounts per IP thats not a problem for some. I can change my IP at ISP anytime.  I bet for many this doesnt take any effort and time.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, Cuks.8241 said:

Players that have multiple accounts (like a lot of them) probably automate logins. And no one can really prove it. Also if there are restrictions for number of accounts per IP thats not a problem for some. I can change my IP at ISP anytime.  I bet for many this doesnt take any effort and time.

Always find a way around a wall yea? And I thought about automated logins too, I don't think it would be obviously identifiable as a bot when you basically don't move and just need to automate a click in a very specific corner.

• Confused 1

49 minutes ago, Acheron.1580 said:

Always find a way around a wall yea? And I thought about automated logins too, I don't think it would be obviously identifiable as a bot when you basically don't move and just need to automate a click in a very specific corner.

You dont even need to click in a corner.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Chest

Any additional bonus chests beyond the fourth one will be automatically accepted into your inventory when you change map, exit the game or enter World vs World.

Edited by Linken.6345
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Linken.6345 said:

You dont even need to click in a corner.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Chest

Any additional bonus chests beyond the fourth one will be automatically accepted into your inventory when you change map, exit the game or enter World vs World.

I've never had a scenario where that would happen so that's also something new to me. My understanding is the black lion requisitions work the same way when your mail is full.

Edited by Acheron.1580

Just now, Acheron.1580 said:

It is an example of a daily. You can opt out of WvW dailies and not get it. And yes we are sort of in agreement that the 1300 at the top is probably the cap on how much you can earn on weekly specific AA rewards. The only concern I have is the first week (day maybe?) we will not be able to check what we don't want and will have a hodgepodge of stuff to do in all modes.

You mean like how it is right  at this moment and every day until wednesday when it will be the first time your choice kicks in?

I fail to see how that is a problem since it will litteraly be the same as the day before expansion.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Linken.6345 said:

You mean like how it is right  at this moment and every day until wednesday when it will be the first time your choice kicks in?

I fail to see how that is a problem since it will litteraly be the same as the day before expansion.

Weekly resets are monday, patches are tuesday, same day the expansion drops (in my neck of the world). We will probably not get to pick our preferred selection for the first week. (might change up daily quests for the following days but might lock in weekly or special). So yea, a lot like how it is right now for the first week maybe. Not a problem, just a concern. I personally wouldn't want to do obsidian sanctum.

2 minutes ago, Acheron.1580 said:

Weekly resets are monday, patches are tuesday, same day the expansion drops (in my neck of the world). We will probably not get to pick our preferred selection for the first week. (might change up daily quests for the following days but might lock in weekly or special). So yea, a lot like how it is right now for the first week maybe. Not a problem, just a concern. I personally wouldn't want to do obsidian sanctum.

They might release the choice on monday like the wvw alliance beta click boxes we dont know.,

And then only the people who dont play 20-22 will be affected.

But more then likely Anet dont see it as a problem since its a new system and everyone will be in the same boat with their weekly.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Acheron.1580 said:

Playing the game for rewards? Preposterous. On a serious note though you can turn off the PvP and WvW (or even the PvE if you want) to match what you want to do. Whether there are maximum caps or not we actually don't know yet.

5 minutes ago, Clementine.3896 said:

You have completely taken over this thread with your own personal argument about some particular point thats ultimately is not on topic, i dont c are where it 'orgininated' that you think it ok to turn on me for asking you to move it along?  Its the definition of derailment, doggedly repeating over and over again some arcane points about some tangentially connected point to the actual thread.

Dont come back to me, I'm done. I wont be heckled for asking you to stop treating a thread like your own personal fiefdom.

5 minutes ago, Linken.6345 said:

Did you read blogpost and checked out the pictures.

Yes obsidian sanctum is in the wvw weekly in the picture.

And if you dont want to do that chose pve only or pve/spvp split of dailies/weekly.

There is also a weekly max cap so pretty sure there will be a cap on the daily aswell do 3 out of 12 to get max Funbucks cap.

Weekly 0/6... 5 objectives shown; 60% of the scroll bar. Assuming there's going to be 8 or 9 objectives total. 1 PvP, 2 WvW, 2 Strikes, the rest are a mystery, but it does not look like PvP or WvW players can do more than a fraction of their weeklies without also doing PvE content.

It will probably not affect the total monthly AA by much since you can easily get 1k just by doing dailies, but it's still not ideal.

• Confused 3

3 minutes ago, Player.2475 said:

Weekly 0/6... 5 objectives shown; 60% of the scroll bar. Assuming there's going to be 8 or 9 objectives total. 1 PvP, 2 WvW, 2 Strikes, the rest are a mystery, but it does not look like PvP or WvW players can do more than a fraction of their weeklies without also doing PvE content.

It will probably not affect the total monthly AA by much since you can easily get 1k just by doing dailies, but it's still not ideal.

I thought the scroll bar looked tight enough for exactly 6. I hope that you are right in this regard. Looked like a 2/2/2 split to me. If you are WvW and opt out of PvE and PvP you won't have to do that content. Earlier in the thread I linked a response from Rubi that showed an example of the box where you pick the mode(s) you want.

Edited by Acheron.1580

49 minutes ago, Acheron.1580 said:

I thought the scroll bar looked tight enough for exactly 6. I hope that you are right in this regard. Looked like a 2/2/2 split to me. If you are WvW and opt out of PvE and PvP you won't have to do that content. Earlier in the thread I linked a response from Rubi that showed an example of the box where you pick the mode(s) you want.

That'd be better then. Though, just 2 per set of objectives seem kind of steep. You'd expect 3 or 4 just like dailies. Hopefully there's overlap in objective types.

Too many new systems and not enough information on actual content. Here is my issue:

Will this new currency allow me to get same amount of Clovers and Mystic Coins on a monthly base as current login rewards?

What was the thought about doing what people already complain about: Adding yet another new currency? 

I mean, by now you should be well aware that we, as players, are litterly getting a headage trying to comprehend the ridiculous amounts of different currencies in this game, and now with this AA you ad yet another. I truely am interested what the thoughts behind that is, and if there are any serious plans to MASSIVELY reduce/merge current currencies?

• Like 3
  • Confused 5

4 hours ago, Acheron.1580 said:

I thought the scroll bar looked tight enough for exactly 6. I hope that you are right in this regard. Looked like a 2/2/2 split to me.

The achievements seem to be grouped by content, which would make the one that's not visible to be a third WvW one. So it would be a 1/2/3 spread. Which... seems weird.

• Confused 3
  • Sad 1

33 minutes ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

The achievements seem to be grouped by content, which would make the one that's not visible to be a third WvW one. So it would be a 1/2/3 spread. Which... seems weird.

Ooor the screenshot we saw had weeklies sorted alphabetically for whatever reason 😉  (...like not showing us the total number of weekly tasks or an effort to show some tasks from each of the mode

Complete 5...
Complete any...
Complete the Dark..
Complete the Obsid...
Defeat 10....

Next tasks could then start with "Defeat [whatever]", "kill or help kill [enemy players in pvp]" or "win [pvp matches]". So it's still probably 2+2+2 or 3+3+3 with the completion cap of 6 per week.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1