Are you guys ever happy about anything?

Just now, Balsa.3951 said:

u forgot to say its just a game and tomorrow the sun shines again

i know that im on a game forum and not on the national news forum.

I knew you would say it...

Anyway - you know how much gold I've wasted on superior runes over the years? Geezus. You probably burned less gold getting your legendary runes, and then you no longer have to burn gold when you have them - which is the main reason you get them because of the QoL. But, here I am burning 40-60 gold just to kit-out a full set per build-change per character where countless times I've even burned a whole set of superior scholar or tormenting runes over and over - thats like 40g+ down the tubes in one shot each time, just to change to another set. You know how many times I've done this over the years - so much you definitely think I'm a fool right now. But I dont care. Maybe you care, but I dont. And all the gold I farmed and had fun farming to do all of that is gone in 10 seconds because I couldnt afford to salvage them from my ascended armor. And I would argue that I spent WAY more time and money doing this than you spent getting your legendary runes - and I'm not alone. How come I'm not upset about this whole rune thing? Just because I didnt spend the time and money getting legendary runes? But I spend so much time farming gold and then wasting it on superior runes. I mean the superior runes I have now - what about those...if I think about what it took for me to get to the runes I am wearing today - all of the complete sets that were upgraded over and over and over again - just wasted. The runes I have now can arguably be considered far more valuable in time and money that your legendary runes. Should I be upset? Because I am not upset...

• Like 4
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

I really think ur math is wrong...

and if ur exotics cost more than my legendary (which is not) 

should u not even be more angry than me that ur expensive exotic runes got nerfed bcs SOTO?

im fighting for people like u so ur hard work doesn't get deleted.

cost each legendary rune is 413g plus time sink x7

Edited by Balsa.3951
  • Like 1
  • Confused 6

I would love to be more hyped about SotO. It has a few things that sound really great. But I've been with ANet for too long and have been disapointed too often for me to have any sort of hype or hope or trust or anything. I believe things when they happen and when they're good, they're good andI will voice that opinion just as much as I voice my concerns. But pre-emptive hype? No. Never again.
When it comesto SotO in particular, the whole relic thing made me lose all potential for hype. Is that petty, since it's only a small part of the expansion and might not even affect many players? Maybe. Does it affect me and the trust I had left for ANet? 100%.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

17 minutes ago, Balsa.3951 said:

I really think ur math is wrong...

and if ur exotics cost more than my legendary (which is not) 

should u not even be more angry than me that ur expensive exotic runes got nerfed bcs SOTO?

im fighting for people like u so ur hard work doesn't get deleted.

I dont need, or want you to fight for me. I like this game. I have fun playing this game. Nothing I do in this game feels like hard work or some overly-daunting achievement I'd be broken up about losing. GW2 could end today and I'd only be sad I couldnt play anymore, not contemplate in anger all of the time and gold I lost getting items and achievements. Also, since you edited your other post - ANet doesnt have any obligation to how your time is valued or respected. Its YOUR choice to play THEIR game. If you ever feel like you're wasting your time, or your time has less value then maybe you need to take a deeper look within yourself, because its probably more likely that you have changed, and less likely that ANet and their game have so much control over you. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Omega.6801 said:

I would love to be more hyped about SotO. It has a few things that sound really great. But I've been with ANet for too long and have been disapointed too often for me to have any sort of hype or hope or trust or anything. I believe things when they happen and when they're good, they're good andI will voice that opinion just as much as I voice my concerns. But pre-emptive hype? No. Never again.
When it comesto SotO in particular, the whole relic thing made me lose all potential for hype. Is that petty, since it's only a small part of the expansion and might not even affect many players? Maybe. Does it affect me and the trust I had left for ANet? 100%.

Admission of overreacting to minor changes and that there's nothing they could show you to elicit a positive outlook on upcoming content?

If I felt this negatively about a game, I would have left that game a long time ago. And I wouldn't expect anyone else to heed my words if instead of leaving, I stayed around and instigated bad vibes.

Edit: used illicit instead of elicit 🤣☠️

Edited by mandala.8507
  • Thanks 6
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

14 hours ago, HeliosMagi.9867 said:

Every single time we get some new info about SotO, we get a flood of posts of people being toxic and angry about some small detail about it. Today we got more information about the Wizard's Vault, and I'm really excited about it. Pretty much everything about it is a straight upgrade from the daily system we have today. But then it seems like the entire playerbase wants to drown all excitement and hype of the new expansion under a flood of negativity and nitpicks. I'm legitimately happy and excited for all the new features SotO will bring, why aren't you guys?

I was happy with the preivous expansions (EoD -while not great and imo seemingly a bit rushed- was "k" for me too), so I'd say I can be happy about some things. That doesn't change the fact soto release introduces some things people dislike and pointing out those "pain points" seems more important than forgetting about it because I like something else instead

Obvious example: yes, I'm not happy about lack of availability of legendary relics on release, but that doesn't mean I think the whole system is bad -it is not, it's just that this... partial implementation of a feature skimms right over certain players and what they got in the game until now. Am I somehow supposed to be happy about that? 😉 

As for the Wizard's Vault and daily rewards, I think it's rather understandable some people are disgruntled when they, well, invested into additional accounts and now what they had is potentially (almost surely) stripped from them again. I DO think that rewarding gameplay more than "just logging in and logging out daily" is a good change, but at the same time the complaints about that are rather understandable if someone paid for more accounts to do what they were supposed to do.
Personally, I can't even properly judge the change and introduction of the new currency since we still don't know the prices and reward choices.

Funnily enough, it seems that currently most complaints aren't even exactly about soto , but instead about game system changes that are tacted onto soto release. Because things people complain about now will be implemented for everyone regardless of purchasing the expansion. As such, it's not even some case of "if you don't like it, don't buy it" because you're affected by the changes anyways.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 4

3 minutes ago, Jianyu.7065 said:

I dont need, or want you to fight for me. I like this game. I have fun playing this game. Nothing I do in this game feels like hard work or some overly-daunting achievement I'd be broken up about losing. GW2 could end today and I'd only be sad I couldnt play anymore, not contemplate in anger all of the time and gold I lost getting items and achievements. Also, since you edited your other post - ANet doesnt have any obligation to how your time is valued or respected. Its YOUR choice to play THEIR game. If you ever feel like you're wasting your time, or your time has less value then maybe you need to take a deeper look within yourself, because its probably more likely that you have changed, and less likely that ANet and their game have so much control over you. 

nice attempt of gaslight me lol

im sure its not me changed the legendary rune 6bonus. 😜

• Confused 7

4 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

As for the Wizard's Vault and daily rewards, I think it's rather understandable some people are disgruntled when they, well, invested into additional accounts and now what they had is potentially (almost surely) stripped from them again. I DO think that rewarding gameplay more than "just logging in and logging out daily" is a good change, but at the same time the complaints about that are rather understandable if someone paid for more accounts to do what they were supposed to do.
Personally, I can't even properly judge the change and introduction of the new currency since we still don't know the prices and reward choices.

This was always an abuse of the daily login reward system, and while they should have resolved this a lot sooner, I don't think anyone farming alt accounts could reasonably argue this was an intended way to farm resources in GW2. They'll just have to get over it, I think.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

2 minutes ago, Balsa.3951 said:

nice attempt of gaslight me lol

im sure its not me changed the legendary rune 6bonus. 😜

I'm not gaslighting you - all I said is that if this game has this much affect over how you feel that you ultimately feel betrayed, then maybe you should take a look at yourself instead of the game - which is a valid suggestion, not a gaslight. 

• Thanks 8

Just now, Jianyu.7065 said:

I'm not gaslighting you - all I said is that if this game has this much affect over how you feel that you ultimately feel betrayed, then maybe you should take a look at yourself instead of the game - which is a valid suggestion, not a gaslight. 

ehhm u put to much emotionally power into what i say. i already told u this is a game forum im talking about this game. 

• Confused 5

Just now, Balsa.3951 said:

ehhm u put to much emotionally power into what i say. i already told u this is a game forum im talking about this game. 

You're the one talking about how the game is affecting how you feel - I'm just trying to point out that maybe its not the games fault...but okay.

• Like 4
  • Confused 3

Just now, Jianyu.7065 said:

You're the one talking about how the game is affecting how you feel - I'm just trying to point out that maybe its not the games fault...but okay.

feel about the game ? 

i could say if u don't care at all why are u on the forum to oppose people who criticized the game? door swings both ways.

but guess what i will never tell u go out take a breath this is a game 

u know why because its obvious on a game forum

• Like 2
  • Confused 6

1 minute ago, Balsa.3951 said:

feel about the game ? 

i could say if u don't care at all why are u on the forum to oppose people who criticized the game? door swings both ways.

but guess what i will never tell u go out take a breath this is a game 

u know why because its obvious on a game forum

I never I said I didnt care about the game. But I do agree this is going nowhere...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

19 minutes ago, Derktarlms.6213 said:

This post is right and why play a game where now you lose your mind for each update they should stop playing and go to another mmo, I've already done it, I'm here, it will be

Oh, the age old if you are not happy with the direction the game is going you should just shut up and go play another game argument.  🤪 

Edited by Nine Inch Snails.7963
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 5

35 minutes ago, Derktarlms.6213 said:

This post is right and why play a game where now you lose your mind for each update they should stop playing and go to another mmo, I've already done it, I'm here, it will be

Problem is when there isn't another MMO that is like this one. So it's possible to both love it and be disappointed in it at the same time.

Edited by Gibson.4036
  • Like 1
  • Confused 3

14 hours ago, HeliosMagi.9867 said:

Every single time we get some new info about SotO, we get a flood of posts of people being toxic and angry about some small detail about it. Today we got more information about the Wizard's Vault, and I'm really excited about it. Pretty much everything about it is a straight upgrade from the daily system we have today. But then it seems like the entire playerbase wants to drown all excitement and hype of the new expansion under a flood of negativity and nitpicks. I'm legitimately happy and excited for all the new features SotO will bring, why aren't you guys?

This is one of the main reasons why I usually ignore the hype-train by ANet during the last months before the launch of new content. I just take a small look from longer distance, but avoid going for details. As a result, I can experience the new content 'almost' freely. In most cases it is just a "oh, I have heard of this. Let's see what it is for real!"

Why do I do that?
I'm one of those humans who spend way too much time overthinking stuff. The more I know about something, the more I ponder about "what if?" Over the years, I have discovered that leaving information in the dark helps me to focus on the important things. What has no impact on me, I can ignore freely until I have to take care of it. As far as my field-tests have shown, I was never able to predict the real outcome - even with all information available. In addition, my pondering about the unknown future lead to no progress when the event finally took place and, in most cases, slowed down my activity. 

The few very small puzzle-pieces I have seen so far look interesting. What I have seen of the Wizard's Vault sparked the exact same reaction as the Jade Bot Mastery reveal before the EoD launch: It looks extremely powerful and may alter the way we play the game in a positive way. A few months after, we may not find a single user who wants to go back to the old system. If they have done it correctly, the mess will become smaller and new players get an easier start with the game. In addition, the veterans should be able to reach their goals easier. Again, I have not taken a look at the details. Will do that on launch. But it does look quite promising to me.

• Like 1

Just now, Derktarlms.6213 said:

there are so many mmos to experience and i think those who are criticizing should take a break and be happy

While I haven't tried them all, I've tried a fair amount and can't find anything like GW2's immersive open world, casual friendliness, and fluid combat.

• Like 2
  • Confused 3

17 hours ago, HeliosMagi.9867 said:

, why aren't you guys?

Because being excited for things that, as presented, I do not like and which will be a detriment to my enjoyment of the game would be ridiculous. Allow me to counter with: why should I be excited?

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 5

17 hours ago, HeliosMagi.9867 said:

I'm legitimately happy and excited for all the new features SotO will bring, why aren't you guys?

Wait a minute, different people can like different things?! Madness!

But seriously, people's complaints are valid. Every time we get new information, we get to learn about another system that is getting nuked into oblivion or gutted or fundamentally changed in a way that invalidates a certain play style or activity, sometimes affecting only a small number of individuals, sometimes affecting a large number. 

Not everybody is happy and willing to drink Anet's Kool aid and pretend this expansion doesn't have glaring issues, and there's nothing wrong with that.

• Like 8
  • Confused 6