Not Yet Considered A Citizen...

cyndelaq.7148

Not being able to earn pips because I'm, "not yet considered a citizen," of the world I joined is just stupid! I transfered so I could play with a guild I just joined only to find out that I'm basically being punished for doing so! And why is it 2 weeks!? 2 Days? Sure, but 2 weeks!? Come on...

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 1

You have to be on that server from the start of a new matchup to the end of it. It's best to move on fridays before reset.

It's to slow down rewarding bandwagoners from switching frequently to winning servers.

It only affects skirmish track rewards, you can still earn everything else.

If you're moving for your guild, it's a one time thing, unless your guild likes to move, so chillax. 🍦

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

14 hours ago, cyndelaq.7148 said:

Not being able to earn pips because I'm, "not yet considered a citizen," of the world I joined is just stupid! I transfered so I could play with a guild I just joined only to find out that I'm basically being punished for doing so! And why is it 2 weeks!? 2 Days? Sure, but 2 weeks!? Come on...

It takes an entire match before you start to earn pips.  So, depending on when you transfer, it can be more than a week.  This is why all the bandwagoners and stackers transfer Friday, usually when relinks are announced.  So, they will only miss out on a couple hours of tickets before relink (if they weren't already done) and the entire next match.

16 hours ago, cyndelaq.7148 said:

It was an attempt to try and curb match manipulation and bandwagons. For older info you would need to go back a few years in forum history and or potential forum versions, its been that long.

Side note: If you want to lend a voice, watch for the upcoming transfer logic when more info (TBA) comes out in regards to the WR Project.

Edited by TheGrimm.5624
Side note

1 week is to little, and if we're being honest is just more annoying than actually doing anything. They should make it 6 weeks, and extend the debuff to prevent any further development of reward tracks, reduce all magic find to zero.

Edited by jul.7602

17 minutes ago, jul.7602 said:

1 week is to little, and if we're being honest is just more annoying than actually doing anything. They should make it 6 weeks, and extend the debuff to prevent any further development of reward tracks, reduce all magic find to zero.

This would do nothing since relinks are 8 weeks.  The mass-transfer behavior it was meant to discourage tends to happen right before relinks - before the match resets - which is also why it does nothing now.  Making it longer than a week just adds insult to injury for the random individuals moving servers to play with a guild.  Players are not discouraged from transferring just because of rewards.

Edited by Chaba.5410

51 minutes ago, Chaba.5410 said:

This would do nothing since relinks are 8 weeks.  The mass-transfer behavior it was meant to discourage tends to happen right before relinks - before the match resets - which is also why it does nothing now.  Making it longer than a week just adds insult to injury for the random individuals moving servers to play with a guild.  Players are not discouraged from transferring just because of rewards.

The point is to discourage people from transferring at all. Pick a server, make a commitment. Outside of some complex exemption system, other random individuals will always be affected. Not much can be done about that.

• Thanks 1

There does need to be something to keep people with resources from just swapping to the winning team constantly with no penalty.  But that goal could still be upheld with some changes to make it less harsh.

2 ideas:

1. After 1-2 years on a server you can transfer with no penalty.  Covers loyal players that need a change.

2. If you haven't played to wood chests in 2-8 weeks, then there is no penalty.  Covers returning players. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Arya Whitefire.8423 said:

There does need to be something to keep people with resources from just swapping to the winning team constantly with no penalty.  But that goal could still be upheld with some changes to make it less harsh.

2 ideas:

1. After 1-2 years on a server you can transfer with no penalty.  Covers loyal players that need a change.

2. If you haven't played to wood chests in 2-8 weeks, then there is no penalty.  Covers returning players. 

Yea, I think there's better ways to discourage the behavior without including those who are transferring for more innocent reasons - collateral damage.  It just seems like lazy/poor design to have it.  Players don't even know it exists because the game doesn't really tell you.

I'm reminded of when server linking was first implemented and host servers that were not full got arbitrarily marked as full to force players to transfer to the linked servers instead of bandwagon to the host.  Anet removed that after a bit because it didn't really do anything other than punish players on servers that were not full.

9 hours ago, jul.7602 said:

The point is to discourage people from transferring at all. Pick a server, make a commitment. Outside of some complex exemption system, other random individuals will always be affected. Not much can be done about that.

GW2 have literal guilds you are supposed to commit to. Your friends and guildmates. 

Yet people insist that its the server thats the core.

Thats like being in prison and yelling "THIS IS MY HOME, I AINT LEAVING AND NEITHER ARE YOU!!!"

10 hours ago, jul.7602 said:

I am not sure I agree with your time frame, but I agree with your intent. Said in the past maybe a system that increases per each jump would impact the bandwagons. You can still jump, but the more you do, the higher the price to prevent jumping just to win, versus stay to grow.

On 8/22/2023 at 1:57 AM, Dawdler.8521 said:

GW2 have literal guilds you are supposed to commit to. Your friends and guildmates. 

Yet people insist that its the server thats the core.

Thats like being in prison and yelling "THIS IS MY HOME, I AINT LEAVING AND NEITHER ARE YOU!!!"

I admit I am both. I play for server and for guild. 'Your friends and guildmates' you said. Discounting forum friends, aren't the other server-mates who aren't in your guild you consider friends if you joke and enjoy their company? Knowing you I think you raise the point to others that use it as an extreme to the WR project. But I would ask don't paint it that way since we have so many shades of gray. To me, Alliances will be rough since it will pit friends vs friends. To me servers are places where people may not interact well but still can come together to get things done. Alliances and WR maybe more like T1 in the tournament days where largest guild says this way or the highway and drama was an everyday issue. Hence why you will see me saying Alliance caps are important and needed and we need to watch for collusion when guilds get split since we already saw that happen in EoTM. 

Edited by TheGrimm.5624
collusion not collision - not the same ;) spell checker

15 hours ago, Arya Whitefire.8423 said:

2 ideas:

I think this seems reasonable. I would amend (1) to be 6 months. 1 consecutive year is a very long time for a video game.