i knew it. my dungeon runes are ruined

Terek.8923

its worse for my roommate. Hes old and doesnt have good dexterity and so he used Golemancer runes on every single one of his builds. in fact he farmed dungeons the last couple months GETTING the runes for every toon and build tab and now hes screwed. he NEEDS that golem to tank agro for him.

• Like 15
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 8

That was unfortunate, but predictible, people raised that issue when Relics were first revealed. It was bound to essentially destroy many a build. And because I doubt Relics are easy to get, everyone is now stuck in build reset hell. No transition allowed

• Like 16
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

After checking, it's quite bad. A lot of effects are not covered by relics at all currently, to wit :

Condis : Bleeding, Fire, Confusion

Skill type : Glyphs

Skill recharge : Many weapons have skills that recharge under 20 seconds from skill 1 to 5, rendering some weapons unuseable for Rune of Fireworks. Funny enough, most skills that Do go over 20 seconds are condi based, where Fireworks is Power based.
Summons : -NONE-.

Power : Heavily skewed toward Burst, many Hybrid such as Rune of infiltration are not possible

Stat transferance (ex : 7% of power to expertise) : -NONE-.

I can prolly add to the list as I sift through my chars but holy hell is this devastating.

Thus far, half of my chars rune choices are completely invalidated, requiring a complete new set of runes. Along with that, a couple are downright unuseable due to the rune's effect not being replaced by relics.

Edited by Naxos.2503
  • Like 14
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Blood Red Arachnid.2493 said:

As far as I can tell, for PVE there's really only 3 relic choices to go with:  Thief for Strike damage, Mirage for Condi damage, Monk for support.  The Survival relics have some good stuff for WvW/PvP, though.  

what about relic of fireworks? inst good?

I mean this does look intentional. The minion spawning runes were a prime reason afk builds were so prolific. 

We shall see they might come back but I doubt it. We have had a lot of power creep recently, so the old minion rune sets are not really required. 

Edited by Mell.4873
  • Confused 8
  • Sad 1

This is what Guild Wars does ruin their games

From GW1 to GW2 they removed Heroes which were fun and amazing to have, duo classes, and open skills to make endless builds which was what made GW1 a LEGENDARY! MMO and removed the lockpicking system so they can cash in on these lion chest keys, shameful... now they ruined my fun and amazing PvE MechGolemancer build so it's useless to play it. back to my Necro or Ranger kitten... ANET get your crap together and develop for the players, not for your EGO or GREED...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 4

On 8/22/2023 at 9:38 PM, Naxos.2503 said:

A lot of effects are not covered by relics at all currently

which is a good reminder you'd ignore relics entirely until its a fully made feature and not some early access joke.
Save your mats - and your sanity because I guarantee many will have to change theirs in the next update.

Edited by Taclism.2406
  • Like 10
  • Confused 1

On 8/22/2023 at 12:52 PM, Naxos.2503 said:

That was unfortunate, but predictible, people raised that issue when Relics were first revealed. It was bound to essentially destroy many a build. And because I doubt Relics are easy to get, everyone is now stuck in build reset hell. No transition allowed

They've created a problem where none existed before, and now they are asking you to play the game several more hours to solve this problem they created.  

• Like 9
  • Confused 3

On 8/22/2023 at 7:26 PM, Terek.8923 said:

its worse for my roommate. Hes old and doesnt have good dexterity and so he used Golemancer runes on every single one of his builds. in fact he farmed dungeons the last couple months GETTING the runes for every toon and build tab and now hes screwed. he NEEDS that golem to tank agro for him.

Weeeell... How was he able to farm dungeons for golemancer runes without having golemancer runes? 😅

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 6

6 minutes ago, BANNED.9527 said:

I have one thing to say to that: Everyone else's PVE experience will be better for it.

Set a few people on fire because it will increase the enjoyment for the rest of the players?  This "needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few" rhetoric needs to die in 2023.  It's responsible for so many anti-minority events in the world.  

Edited by Alaeacus.9635
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 6

1 minute ago, Alaeacus.9635 said:

Set a few people on fire because it will increase the enjoyment for the rest of the players?  This "needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few" rhetoric needs to die in 2023.  It's responsible for so much anti-minority events in the world.  

lmao, didn't know anet was capable of setting people on fire via relic system. crazy.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 2

14 minutes ago, Alaeacus.9635 said:

Set a few people on fire because it will increase the enjoyment for the rest of the players?  This "needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few" rhetoric needs to die in 2023.  It's responsible for so many anti-minority events in the world.  

Trying to equate balance changes to setting people on fire only shows you don't have much to say here. No bonus points for hopelessly overblown comparisons.

If OP -or whoever- needs a pet to tank for them, roll a pet class. Fire extinguished?

Edited by Sobx.1758
"on"
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

1 minute ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Trying to equate balance changes to setting people of fire only shows you don't have much to say here. No bonus points for hopelessly overblown comparisons.

If OP -or whoever- needs a pet to tank for them, roll a pet class. Fire extinguished?

It's called hyperbole via analogy and has been a valid argumentation tactic for over a thousand years.  

• Haha 1
  • Confused 5

3 minutes ago, Alaeacus.9635 said:

I guess they don't teach Analogy in school anymore.  Your rationale was comperable via analogy.  Your literal interpretation of my words to dismiss its validity is sophomoric.  

No no, you're right. This is serious. We should get authorities involved, it's not cool for game companies to light their players on fire for others' enjoyment.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1