They ruined the game

7 minutes ago, Alaeacus.9635 said:

The new dailies are a downgrade, and decrease in QoL, in almost every way.  

They are not a downgrade. This is just nonsense.
It took me the exact same time doing the new dailies than before the expansion. 
 The only thing they should do is add one or two more dailies so we have a little freedom what dailies we are going to do. But the wizards vault is a way better system than the old system. Now I don’t get items I don’t need like transmutation charges or essence of luck. I can choose what reward I get, this is a huge improvement. 
Overall the new daily system is way better and I like the weekly so far. 

Edited by vares.8457
  • Like 5
  • Confused 11

15 minutes ago, vares.8457 said:

They are not a downgrade. This is just nonsense.
It took me the exact same time doing the new dailies than before the expansion. 
 The only thing they should do is add one or two more dailies so we have a little freedom what dailies we are going to do. But the wizards vault is a way better system than the old system. Now I don’t get items I don’t need like transmutation charges or essence of luck. I can choose what reward I get, this is a huge improvement. 
Overall the new daily system is way better and I like the weekly so far. 

Less options available to player that qualify for full daily reward.  DOWNGRADE.

Two days of dailies taking me to Kaineng and Amnytas.  Previous dailies were all Core content.  If you don't own the expansions, than you suck, git gude nub.  DOWNGRADE.

Now you have a currency that you need to use up in order to get daily rewards.  That currency is finite, capped, and forces you to buy daily rewards at the expense of saving them for better rewards.  Opportunity Cost where none existed before.  DOWNGRADE.  

If you misinterpret the goal of the filters on day one, you stick yourself with PvP and WvW weeklies you may or may NOT be able to complete, or even wanted to, and you are now missing out of currency until Monday.  A problem that didn't have to exist, and could have EASILY been prevented with a better explanation text box.  SIDE-GRADE POORLY IMPLEMENTED THAT NOW FEELS LIKE A DOWNGRADE

Edited by Alaeacus.9635
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 7
  • Confused 8

3 minutes ago, Alaeacus.9635 said:

Less option.  DOWNGRADE.
Two days of dailies taking me to Kaineng and Amnytas.  Previous dailies were all Core content.  If you don't own the expansions, then you suck, git gude nub.  DOWNGRADE.
Now you have a currency that you need to use up in order to get daily rewards.  That currency is finite, capped, and forces you to buy daily rewards at the expense of saving them for better rewards.  Opportunity Cost where none existed before.  DOWNGRADE.  
If you misinterpret the goal of the filters on day one, you stick yourself with PvP and WvW weeklies you may or may NOT be able to complete, or even wanted to, and you are now missing out of currency until Monday.  A problem that didn't have to exist, and could have EASILY been prevented with a better explanation text box.  SIDE-GRADE POORLY IMPLEMENTED THAT NOW FEELS LIKE A DOWNGRADE

More nonsense, wow. 

everyone is able to complete WvW or PvP weeklies. They aren’t really that difficult. 

Before wizards vault 50% of the rewards we got from dailies were useless trash. Now I only get the stuff I want. 

Again, the new dailies are not a downgrade. The only thing they should change are more options, that’s it. 

Edited by vares.8457
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 15

5 minutes ago, vares.8457 said:

everyone is able to complete WvW or PvP weeklies. They aren’t really that difficult. 

You clearly don't play WvW.  People are getting a Weekly to Defense credit.  There are people who play WvW nonstop for a whole week and struggle to get one Defense credit.  Anet changed the parameters on how Defense credit works and it's a completely broken mechanic that has been ignored for a very long time.  
Besides, this wasn't about how "Easy" they are.  I was expecting a RANGE of options in all three game modes by selecting all three.  They gave me one from each for daily, and three from each from weekly.  If I don't complete them all, I have hindered my currency gain.  

Edited by Alaeacus.9635
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 7

Just now, Alaeacus.9635 said:

You clearly don't play WvW.  People are getting a Weekly to Defense credit.  There are people who play WvW nonstop for a whole week and struggle to get one Defense credit.  Anet changed the parameters on how Defense credit works and it's a completely broken mechanic that has been ignored for a very long time.  

I play mainly WvW, I usually get the last diamond chest every week and for the last three and a half years I have almost exclusively done my dailies in WvW. Ah and I already finished the defend weekly 🙂 

• Like 4
  • Confused 4

19 minutes ago, vares.8457 said:

They are. I am stuck with a defend WvW daily, and unless you are on a server with a strong WvW base, you are fresh out of luck.

I am a tired, overworked adult with responsibilities like working, shopping, cooking, cleaning, etc. It's a weeknight, too. I assume I'm not the only one, because others are complaining too, and rightly so.

So yeah. I do NOT have time for all this nonsense. Having multiple daily choices meant I could find something that was EASY to do, or just the right fit for me, and I wasn't simply handed 3 options I simply cannot manage to finish even after 2 hours. Please stop taking the kitten or I'll assume you're a little kid with no adult responsibilities, just unlimited time.

Edited by Alphonse Constant.2394
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 3

1 minute ago, Alphonse Constant.2394 said:

They are. I am stuck with a defend WvW daily, and unless you are on a server with a strong WvW base, you are fresh out of luck.

I am a tired, overworked adult with responsibilities like shopping, cooking, cleaning, washing. It's a weeknight, too. I assume I'm not the only one, because others are complaining too, and rightly so.

So yeah. I do NOT have time for all this nonsense. Having multiple daily choices meant I could find something that was EASY to do, or just the right fit for me, and I wasn't simply handed 3 options I simply cannot manage to finish even after 2 hours. Please stop taking the kitten or I'll assume you're a little kid with no adult responsibilities, just unlimited time.

I am not a little kid 😉 just like you I am an adult with a full time job and other responsibilities. So please, just because you can’t get things done, don’t assume stuff about me that couldn’t be more fat from the truth. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 7
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, vares.8457 said:

So please, just because you can’t get things done, don’t assume stuff about me that couldn’t be more fat from the truth. 

Ok, let's say I am a crappy player and definitely not a pro. (Probably true. I come here to unwind, not to kill everything in sight in the most efficient way possible.)

Am I getting pushed out by not having the option to choose the easier tasks? And you wholeheartedly approve? Is that what you're saying?

• Like 7
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Alphonse Constant.2394 said:

Ok, let's say I am a crappy player and definitely not a pro. (Probably true. I come here to unwind, not to kill everything in sight in the most efficient way possible.)

Am I getting pushed out by not having the option to choose the easier tasks? And you wholeheartedly approve? Is that what you're saying?

No, like I wrote before they should give us more options for the dailies so that we can choose three dailies we are going to do. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, vares.8457 said:

No, like I wrote before they should give us more options for the dailies so that we can choose three dailies we are going to do. 

You did. But you still said we should be able to complete them and that it's not a downgrade.

My point is, as things stand now, they are a downgrade. Until and unless we get back our multiple choices, it will remain a downgrade.

(And to be fair I want the reward potions back, too. They were very useful, and they took them away for no apparent reason. Another downgrade, if you will.)

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

Actively discouraging people from playing (dailies) with guildmates and friends is a downgrade for me.

Reducing player agency in selecting dailies is a downgrade for me.

The Wizard's Vault would be a significant upgrade......if ANet had not downgraded the dailies needed to engage with the Vault. This is really too bad as the WV would otherwise be a fantastic addition to the game.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 2

On 8/22/2023 at 2:58 PM, Biermeister.4678 said:

$29 dollars for a living story size map that looks like a re-skinned Edge of the Mist map.

Daily that forces people to play in WvW and PvP to complete.

Anet needs to fix the daily to have more options 

The Dailies do not force you to play WvW and PvP.  Why are you making this claim?

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

18 minutes ago, Ashen.2907 said:

Actively discouraging people from playing (dailies) with guildmates and friends is a downgrade for me.

I did the WvW dailies today and the weekly with my guild mates. We actually had a squad for obsidian sanctum so that everyone got it. 
So how is this actively discouraging people from playing together?

Edited by vares.8457
  • Like 2
  • Confused 2

Overall, I like the new system better.  However, I would prefer more of a choose x activities of the x available choices approach for completion.  But I don't understand the hyperbole around the system.  It's like a bunch of old people that got green jello for lunch instead of red jello around here.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

11 minutes ago, vares.8457 said:

I did the WvW dailies today and the weekly with my guild mates. We actually had a squad for the obsidian sanctum so that everyone got it. 
So how is this actively discouraging people from playing together?

I tried playing dailies with my guildies yesterday and the day before. Different tasks for each of us with only minimal overlap. I was the only member who got OS assigned.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

15 hours ago, Rhapsody Dragonfly.5136 said:

IT'S OFFICAIL... I CAN'T PLAY WITH MY HUSBAND IN DOING DAILIES 😞  They gave my husband I different dailies, I think I am straight up done with GW2, I can't even finish my dailies for WvW which is defender, While my husband has capture a sentry.... what is wrong with you Arenanet..... I don't have time to do that stuff I had tried to play for a hour Defending and got no results.. Now I am in horrible pain from sitting here 😞  

WHY? why would you change dailies to were everyone's is different?

Why would you keep us from playing with our guild or friends in trying to do dailies together?

Why didn't you give us a bigger option for our Dailies?

So this is How you really wanted the game to be, for those of us that don't have the time to miss out on dailies that you have picked for us and we have no choice in it??? Because you didn't even give us a option to even get to pick our dailies as before?

I really want to know why you have done this to us..... and I don't want any poor excuse from Them......

There is a few of us that run together or if someone needs help I am always there, but what's the point if if we can't get the same things done together?

I am totally saddened by this.... 

Um... not that I completely agree with the new system..... but... what's stopping you both from helping each other do each others dailies? regardless if you have different ones? just because one doesn't get credit for a daily from the other, doesn't mean you can't tag along and do them together. 🤷‍♂️

The defender event has been acting wonky ever since they took out repairing for credit for it, maybe this will get more attention finally to get it fixed? they sure as kitten haven't bothered listening to the wvw forums in 6 months since the change.  🤷‍♂️

• Confused 2

9 minutes ago, DarcShriek.5829 said:

So instead of working, your complaining about a game online.  Your boss must be thrilled.

That is totally bogus response. Person gave perfect reason why he is on forum, you switch topic to some limbo... Should be reported for off topic and trolling.

I spend quite a bit of time in WvW, was completing diamond skirmish track and do WvW weeklies in one day, but defender is the worst from them. I usually just skip tower defender if not completed naturally. Mandating defender for daily is nonsense, too luck dependent.

• Like 7
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

1 hour ago, XenesisII.1540 said:

Um... not that I completely agree with the new system..... but... what's stopping you both from helping each other do each others dailies? regardless if you have different ones? just because one doesn't get credit for a daily from the other, doesn't mean you can't tag along and do them together. 🤷‍♂️

The defender event has been acting wonky ever since they took out repairing for credit for it, maybe this will get more attention finally to get it fixed? they sure as kitten haven't bothered listening to the wvw forums in 6 months since the change.  🤷‍♂️

Solid point.

It does get a little more tricky if there are significantly more than just a couple of people with mismatched dailies in the group though.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

On 8/22/2023 at 9:07 PM, Kaibamon.7206 said:

They removed daily login rewards which was a reason for many to login and surprisingly play

And this was actually good decision and you still need to play every day to get most of the rewards.

poor relic set.

I agree.

And they removed the reason for specializations since now everyone can use spec weapons

Not exactly - i get nothing from other spec weapons so in this mater nothing changed for me and probably many others.

Not to mention the expansion itself is not even complete!.

You can't complain about that dude, this was clearly communicated from the beginning. That is why i complain about that point of the expansion, maybe later it will be fun to play...

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

The thing is you pay now and in full, not in increments 🙂

But that's the problem, you are forcing people to play to get rewards. In my case I'd login and know there's something I get for it. And from there I'd just willingly do something more, be it fool around, or an event or explore, but it gave me a little treat at the start and I liked that. I also knew what I get that day and there was no rush. Maybe if you can buy something for the login credit they give you, ok. Otherwise no, you turned a game into a second job. Something I'm tired of doing from other games with battle passes.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

It seems like from what people are calculating, you get more materials, gold, laurels, etc than you did with the loyalty reward track, with the new system, + you get the option of buying precursors, skins, emotes and more, and people still don't like it? 

Is it really because its more work if you have several accounts? 

I think it looks like a big improvement overall. 

More daily options might be nice in future though, as the weekly ones can be tough with limited play time. 

Edited by Rose.2593
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

On 8/23/2023 at 1:28 PM, rylien.3824 said:

Nevertheless, the theme of this "sorcerer's strongbox" literally pushes you to buy their extension, under penalty of receiving only half of the loot... for those who haven't bought it, well, they're totally having it. What makes me laugh is that even the Wiki has been abandoned in its writing. haha.

The wiki is written by players. Takes a bit for them to catch up with all the new information that has to be learned in game.

• Thanks 2

On 8/23/2023 at 5:58 PM, SijjvraVisz.7159 said:

So wait wait, I was considering trying the game out again. I ONLY play overworld PVE. I don't care about PVP, raids, fractals, nothing-- I despise forced grouping for dungeons/instanced content but don't mind doing the open world events with other people. It's how I like to play. So with the new daily system, if I chose PVE, there's a fair chance I'd be -stuck- with a bunch of forced grouping quests to earn my points for that day? If so, that's nasty and I won't be back.

I’m an open world player, too. So far, no PVE dailies have required grouping. Only one weekly does, and you get a choice of 6/8 options.

It remains to be seen what future dailies look like. I was pretty nervous myself they would always include a strike or a fractal, but so far that hadn’t happened.

Also, under the new system, daily completionist is not nearly as significant as it was for rewards. You can do most of the dailies and weeklies and get enough AA to get the rewards through the vault without necessarily doing all dailies each login.