They have removed earned items in reward chests? bug or deliberate?

I am putting this here because although i discovered it with WvW chests, you could also have other rewards chests or items that have been messed with or maybe its a bug so please check your bags, but it better damned well be a bug because if not i have just had rewards i earned over the last few months deliberately nerfed and REMOVED after i earned them.

I heard about wvw potions being removed after i logged in, I of course assumed this meant no more potions for future dailies and weekly rewards chests right? that's bad enough, but then i logged in and went to a character thats been holding all my chests,  around 3 months worth.

the weekly ones should give;

Contents

  Resonating Sliver (guaranteed)

  Badge of Honor (20) (guaranteed)

  Potion of WvW Rewards (2) (guaranteed)

  WvW Skirmish Claim Ticket (5) (guaranteed)

  Mist-Hardened Lockbox Key (2) (guaranteed)

the dailies ( exotic) should give;

Contents

  Mist-Hardened Lockbox (guaranteed)

But no, i opened a fair amount before i noticed, its not just 'going forward' that potions are removed apparently, without warning they have removed ALL potions from the chests? then i checked the weekly ones i had opened, and Mist-Hardened Lockbox Key (2) (guaranteed) also removed  - WTH Anet? so now the only way to earn lock box keys you have removed? surely this is a bug? and surely its not remotely acceptable to remove items from already earned chests?? only the other day someone was talking about upcoming changes and catagorically stating Anet would not remove items from chests with any changes - they better be right, someone better look at this urgently and yes i want the items i earned back. Thats around 250 ish potions gone and every single lock box key I earned

Check your chests people ( pve and pvp aswell as wvw ones), check the wiki first to see what you should be getting aswell.

Edited by Rococo.8347
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 2

6 minutes ago, Debesyla.7102 said:

you can buy those at the Dugan

Thats not main my point though ( i mean yeah great you can still earn them), I have had chests i earned over a period of time have items removed. That is not ok, that means I have played wvw every week since the new keys/lock box came in and every single one i earned is gone. I hope its a bug, either way its not acceptable.

Edited by Rococo.8347
  • Like 6
  • Confused 2

I don't know what to tell you Jura, I know its only a game and I know it may be a bug ( it better be) but to have several months of EARNED rewards just removed? Give it a push to be looked into, go to reddit and post there is you have good karma, I do not have an active account, get on GW2 twitter, go to Discord channels, hit up a streamer if you know any, this goes for anyone. I think its possible this affects pvp rewards too, not so sure about pve.

Edited by Rococo.8347
  • Like 2
  • Confused 2

11 minutes ago, Linken.6345 said:

Ty Op for posting this I have 1k of each chest in my bank not touching them until Anet fix this issue.

Thats no problem Linken, I just wanted to get it out there, especially as I suspect it will be affecting pvp and pve chests aswell.

I will post in bugs when i get a moment, there is no way I am going to accept this, those rewards were earned and were in my chests, let me know if you get anywhere with it?

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

• 2 weeks later...

and stil being ignored and not dealt with, any item in a players bags is theirs, its rely that simple - them being in the chests IN the bags is no different to them sitting in the bags. Support is clearly able to refund potins to those who donated them to their guild so yes its possible that postions CAN and sholuld be returned to everyone who had them removed, so why is it being ignored by support?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

41 minutes ago, Rococo.8347 said:

and stil being ignored and not dealt with, any item in a players bags is theirs, its rely that simple - them being in the chests IN the bags is no different to them sitting in the bags. Support is clearly able to refund potins to those who donated them to their guild so yes its possible that postions CAN and sholuld be returned to everyone who had them removed, so why is it being ignored by support?

Maybe if you didn't put a WvW specific issue in the SotO subforum, you might get a better response.

maybe try the WvW subforum, or the Bug report subforum

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

On 8/22/2023 at 3:51 PM, Rococo.8347 said:

I am putting this here because although i discovered it with WvW chests, you could also have other rewards chests or items that have been messed with or maybe its a bug so please check your bags, but it better damned well be a bug because if not i have just had rewards i earned over the last few months deliberately nerfed and REMOVED after i earned them.

I heard about wvw potions being removed after i logged in, I of course assumed this meant no more potions for future dailies and weekly rewards chests right? that's bad enough, but then i logged in and went to a character thats been holding all my chests,  around 3 months worth.

Contents

Contents

But no, i opened a fair amount before i noticed, its not just 'going forward' that potions are removed apparently, without warning they have removed ALL potions from the chests? then i checked the weekly ones i had opened, and Mist-Hardened Lockbox Key (2) (guaranteed) also removed  - WTH Anet? so now the only way to earn lock box keys you have removed? surely this is a bug? and surely its not remotely acceptable to remove items from already earned chests?? only the other day someone was talking about upcoming changes and catagorically stating Anet would not remove items from chests with any changes - they better be right, someone better look at this urgently and yes i want the items i earned back. Thats around 250 ish potions gone and every single lock box key I earned

Check your chests people ( pve and pvp aswell as wvw ones), check the wiki first to see what you should be getting aswell.

If you had potions in your account, then you kept them, otherwise all potions were removed from all drop tables, instead the ammount of xp given to reward tracks was just increased.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, Darkvramp.5640 said:

If you had potions in your account, then you kept them, otherwise all potions were removed from all drop tables, instead the ammount of xp given to reward tracks was just increased.

@Rubi Bayer.8493 has already acknowledged the problem with potions earned & saved prior to SotO release, being removed from wherever they were housed, whether in guild banks, in individual player banks or individual player inventories. 

Potions that you had in your account were not kept.

Please see this thread for her input, her advice: 

• Confused 1

On 8/23/2023 at 4:51 AM, Rococo.8347 said:

Contents

Contents

Holy cow! kitten straight we should get them back!

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

While it is annoying to have drops for containers changed, I don't think they were ever guaranteed to never change, and probably have changed for other containers in the past, just not as visibly (for example, chances of certain items dropping for champion chests might have changed).  For that matter, black lion chests change all the time.  So it is always a gamble keeping unopened containers, as one never knows how Anet may change them in the future.

I suspect if a containers drop were improved, no one would be saying 'I should be getting the old (less good) drops for the containers I got previously', though I don't know how often drops have improved.

To me, the biggest fault here is on Anet's part on not announcing this change ahead of time - if a week (or month, whatever) they had announced that potions would no longer be in pvp/wvw chests, and use up the ones you have, this all could have been avoided.  It would seem unlikely that doing so would have caused massive farming of chests in that time period.  It would probably actually have saved them some work of needing to refund potions put into guilds, etc.

I'm lucky in that I always opened the chests, but mostly kept the potions, so I have nearly a stack of WvW potions.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1