please make the new essences depositable!

5 hours ago, Darklord Roy.2514 said:

Disagree. Obsidian armor is going to cost upwards of 20k essences total, having them in material storage means absolutely nothing. That would be like having volatile magic as a stackable item that could go to mat storage.

They need to be a wallet currency with numbers that high, I seriously hope they aren't actually considering just putting them in material storage and calling it a day. I'd rather not have my entire bank and inventory full of them just to make armor.

Everything used for crafting should be in material storage. That is reason why we have material storage. Also I do not thing that you can use anything from wallet for crafting or in mystic forge. Wallet is for currency and not for mats.

Let's not pretend most of us have full mats storage and have some stuff in bags on some mule. I would be fine with extending mats storage above 2500.

• Confused 1

Just now, TheNurgle.4825 said:

Everything used for crafting should be in material storage. That is reason why we have material storage. Also I do not thing that you can use anything from wallet for crafting or in mystic forge. Wallet is for currency and not for mats.

Let's not pretend most of us have full mats storage and have some stuff in bags on some mule. I would be fine with extending mats storage above 2500.

It would not be remotely difficult for them to implement using something from the wallet as a crafting material. That's not a particularly difficult line of code to write, so that's a pretty bogus excuse. Just because it hasn't been done before doesn't mean it can't.

On your point about material storage, I would like to reiterate that I am talking about over 20,000 pieces of material used for crafting 6 items. You talk about extending material storages when that is nearly 10 times more than our current maximum capacity. I don't think you fully comprehend how many material storage upgrades you are expecting people to purchase to make that number convenient in any way (hint: you would need to buy 70 mat storage extenders to hit 20k if you are already at the 2500 cap).

This is a convenience oversight by Anet, there isn't really another way to look at it. They should have either made that number significantly smaller yet similarly difficult to obtain (like refining stacks of essence into another tier of mat) or if the number was always going to be that high it should have been implemented to the wallet. Unless you feel like throwing 70 full stacks of a new material at your mule to hold on top of what it already has.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, TheNurgle.4825 said:

They dont need to be used from the wallet they can easily put in a npc you use essences from your wallet to buy what is put into the forge when you need it.

And for that they can just update mystic forge attendant with a extra tab.

• 2 weeks later...

Even if we could deposite them, the storage space would never be enough. All legendary armor pieces combined will require 18,000 red ones, 7,200 green ones and 3,600 yellow essences.

Of course, people will likely craft the armor piece by piece, but even then the 3,000 red essences won't fit into one's storage. 😒

• Sad 1

On 8/23/2023 at 4:53 AM, Rose.2593 said:

From the bug notes - 

• Motivation crafting materials cannot be stored in material storage. We have a fix for this coming in a future build, and in the meantime, they can be stored in your bank. 

I'm so glad that they told us we can put them in the bank! Who would have ever figured that out?!

So, Anet, are you going to give us another bank tab on the house to store the 19,500 Essences of Despair, 7,200 Essences of Greed, and 3,600 Essences of Triumph we need for leggy armor? 

🤣😆😵😭

It would be nice if the Triumph dropped a bit more, so converting them would be easier. Either way, looking forward to this update, and hoping it will also include Jade Runestones and A.S.S.s!

• Confused 1

On 8/25/2023 at 10:43 PM, Darklord Roy.2514 said:

It would not be remotely difficult for them to implement using something from the wallet as a crafting material. That's not a particularly difficult line of code to write, so that's a pretty bogus excuse. Just because it hasn't been done before doesn't mean it can't.

How do you tell someone you don't know anything about topic without telling them that you don't know anything about topic. As person who work in SW development this is what is wrong with almost every mid/upper manager. You have no idea how is code written so from your perspective it seems "easy", but it can be almost impossible if system is not ready for it or you need to like rework whole wallet system.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

5 hours ago, TheNurgle.4825 said:

How do you tell someone you don't know anything about topic without telling them that you don't know anything about topic. As person who work in SW development this is what is wrong with almost every mid/upper manager. You have no idea how is code written so from your perspective it seems "easy", but it can be almost impossible if system is not ready for it or you need to like rework whole wallet system.

Lmao. I've written code for over 12 years, so you might want to calm down with all these assumptions you've made about me and what I do or don't understand.

You wanna know how I know it wouldn't be difficult? Because the system already exists. Or did you forget that research notes are stored in the wallet and used for crafting?

Take a minute to think before you speak.

Edited by Darklord Roy.2514
  • Thanks 1