Defeat 5 Veteran Enemies daily - proposed change

emtea.6931

Currently this daily requires the enemies to be exactly veterans and nothing higher.

please change to "Defeat 5 Veteran (or higher) Enemies"... 

that way if you're doing an event and it scales up and now elites spawn, you still get credit towards the daily. Let's go back to respecting the player's time again please.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

• 4 weeks later...

I agree this would be a good change.

It's not difficult to complete now, but it does mean it's annoying when you're doing an event that spawns veteran enemies and "too many" people show up so it starts spawning elites instead. One of the central ideas for GW2 (and one I think they've generally stuck to) is that other players showing up in PvE should never be a bad thing and at the moment this goes against that.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

19 minutes ago, BlueJin.4127 said:

Where can you find elites to solo? The only consistent elites I know are from Drakkar meta, but I’d like to know a solo location I can access at any time.

Echovald Wilds.  If you just need 1 for a daily, exit Arborstone and take a hard left and go around the back, there is an Elite Kirin there.

Also, I find crowdsourcing the Choya farmers in Kourna to do the Veteran kills in about 60 seconds to be helpful.  I also do the Daily Heart there too for a few T6 mats plus super fast quest progress. 

Edited by illuminati.8453
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

21 minutes ago, BlueJin.4127 said:

Where can you find elites to solo? The only consistent elites I know are from Drakkar meta, but I’d like to know a solo location I can access at any time.

Sandswept isles. There's a few in the safari area just north of the waypoint. Also, why do you have to solo them? Jump on any map doing rifts (even without SotO) and they spawn them over and over. And you'll have help.

Those Rifts will also tend to get you plenty of veteran mobs too.

Edited by idpersona.3810
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, idpersona.3810 said:

Sandswept isles. There's a few in the safari area just north of the waypoint. Also, why do you have to solo them? Jump on any map doing rifts (even without SotO) and they spawn them over and over. And you'll have help.

Those Rifts will also tend to get you plenty of veteran mobs too.

Soloing was not the right word to use. Basically, I wanted an elite that I could fight whenever I wanted instead of waiting for events. And yes, T1 rifts would be perfect. I was so set on a “location” that always has an elite, that I forgot that T1 rifts allow me to spawn an elite whenever I need it. 🙂

• Like 2
  • Sad 1