Am I the only one not enjoying this expansion?

3 hours ago, Vayne.8563 said:

You may not like the story. Some people did like the story. Your opinion is just that, your opinion. Other people have different opnions. 

I never said otherwise?

This is just why I, personally, am not enjoying the expansion. It's not the only reason, mind you, but it's the big one.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Palador.2170 said:

I never said otherwise?

This is just why I, personally, am not enjoying the expansion. It's not the only reason, mind you, but it's the big one.

Fair enough. Sounds like a weird complaint the way you word it, when it's been happening all along though.

• Confused 1

As far as story goes, I do not care. I never let the story get in the way of my fun (I just wish I could more of the cut scenes).  For fun - I am having more fun in this expansion than in any other.  I loved EOD and SOTO is way more fun.  I am playing more, having more fun, and earning more gold than ever. Is it actually more fun... or is it that I just got my mech?  I don't know. 😎

I did run into the 1st two bugs I have seen in GW2 yet.  One I could work around, one they fixed this morning. So far so good.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

I don't like the expansion.  boring rift grind, new legendary armor isn't even out yet and its grindy and expensive.  New merchant in wizard's tower undercuts vet players grind to level up crafting professions for legendaries. 

Amnytas islands all look identical, they couldn't even add in 1 island that was corrupted and taken over by kryptis or something to make it a little different?

The meta's are boring and u just dps with 1 and win.  The meta's reward nothing noteworthy so its not worth doing.

Story line is random and weird with weird characters (dagda?) that aren't connected to the rest of the game at all. 

They abandoned cantha living world (I thought cantha was pretty good, especially the design aesthetics) to release this with no explanation? 

Loading screen in wizards tower is super long.  Wizards tower is a knockoff of harry potter with flying books instead of birds.  all of amnytas and wizards tower looks like the blood elf starting zone buildings from world of warcraft.

Made skyscale super easy to get undercutting vet players again.  Upgrades to skyscale and griffon make rabbit mount completely obsolete.  New maps require constant spamming of skyscale just to get around (finger is tired of hitting hotkey for it).  Fireball skills on skyscale lets people press 1 on mount and not even come down to engage and they still get full credit lol. 

Relics are terrible, all they did was gut the 6th skill on runes and turned them into relics.  Now all the runes in the game are basically identical lol.

ONly thing I like is the skyscale combat mount mastery. 

Edited by Jumpin Lumpix.6108
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

You surely are not alone.

For me something here is clear: the game design we met, the one who worked and brought the game to it's glory are clearly compromised - if not already gone. The winning recipe to make expansions(HoT, PoF, EoD) are gone and now we will have rushed content called "expansion" with drastic no-sense changes, like the mess they did with the relic/6th rune effect system - that impacted badly for most players, I have no doubt of it.

More content in a short time means the options: bland and rushed content or a very very short quality of content, insignificant for being called expansion.

I can't ignore the fact this "expansion"(sounds like more a living story) have some cool features like the elite spec weapon crossing and the back of Zojja, but the cons weight so heavy to me than I just uninstalled the game and don't even get the desire to play again. The story is boring, the copy-paste ambience of the maps are an obvious demonstration of lack of creativity, we don't even have to say about closing rifts - the wining boringness of this "expansion".

The few I played the map events, I "liked", but that's it - small and uninteresting zones to explore, implementation of relic system was a total mess, find and close rifts(how in the world they think that's fun) players will no more taste the feeling to achieve a Skyscale like it was( meeting amazing vanilla secret jumple puzzles and secret places, doing Dragonfall with tons of people, etc), because "they did it easier", and doing stuff easy kills the adventure. Some people will just ignore all that and will push it on, it's good for keeping the game - but for me, they killed my adventure. I'll love this game for ever like it was, but for now, ended in this expansion to me.

Edited by Ixus.7912
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

11 hours ago, Ixus.7912 said:

The winning recipe to make expansions(HoT, PoF, EoD) are gone and now we will have rushed content called "expansion" with drastic no-sense changes, like the mess they did with the relic/6th rune effect system - that impacted badly for most players, I have no doubt of it.

Poeple got mad about , but they got over it after 2 months . 

Atleast soon won debate lasted for 6-7 months .

I guess a mount is more needed that a quality of life effect , or most people didnt get affected

Spoiler

(wait wait old gg .. if i had to use my magic ball ... and use my Maths from Barkley to reduce the decisions that 3-4 people can make from the office .... are you telling me that the mats needed to craft the 6 pieces of armor and the 6 runes are the same , minus 30-40% if they have the old runes ? Both must suffer? If ones wanted it faster aquisition , both will be reduced ? (just like the dadga-ow hp situation):P

My master !)

Technicly even f2p- accounts can participate and rewarded with the Rift currncy , so its not p2w. But if you allow more currency to drop from SoTo instances they will accuse you of p2w once again

(:P:P)

Edited by Killthehealersffs.8940
  • Confused 2

I have a neutral impression of the expansion.

🌻 Interesting new masteries. Intriguing characters in Mabon in Lyhr. A surprisingly likable Zojja 2.0, the first asura in years I have not felt like silencing one way or another. ANet listened to the feedback about the Arcane Vault. The EoD mini-dungeons are not that great solo, but when they are dailies, I actually enjoy them with all the other players preent. Skywatch archipelago is cool and fun to navigate. Finally a way of making legendary armor from open world activities!

🪴The story does not reel me in and I got confused more than once. Too many new characters and plot elements in too short of a time. I loathe gate keeping access to new zones with story missions. I started raiding several months ago, so the new legendary armor did not excite me overmuch. Now that I heard about the attending grind in guild chat, I need to find a raid static, SOON! One of the best thing I was hoping to get by getting out of EoD was the End of Research Notes Grind . . . 😢 The reworking of WvW daily rewards caused me to entirely drop that game mode. Rift hunt is boring and repetitive. Amnytas and the Wizard's Tower hit the uncanny valley for me: they look like a cross between the High Heavens of Diablo 3's Act 4 and Silvermoon City in WoW. Plus, Amnytas' bastions are hell to navigate, making the skyscale a chore rather than a pleasurable convenience.

Weaponmaster training? Unsure. Power creep and monkey wrenches galore. I am waiting for the dust to settle. But before it does, we'll have new weapons for each profession. To be continued . . .

• Like 2