Where is the MUSIC??

The 'music' is just a bunch of women oooh-ing and ahhh-ing over the new maps. In other words; a female choir. It's not bad but it gets boring after 30 seconds or so. What i'd like to know is what happened to the music on the character select screen, cos for me it's just silence...

• Confused 1

7 hours ago, Funky.4861 said:

What i'd like to know is what happened to the music on the character select screen, cos for me it's just silence...

It does have a pretty long stretch where it's just a faint "blowing wind" SFX, maybe that's it? The music does kick in eventually. Check your audio setting for "music interval" and set it shorter, maybe?

14 hours ago, Teknomancer.4895 said:

It does have a pretty long stretch where it's just a faint "blowing wind" SFX, maybe that's it? The music does kick in eventually. Check your audio setting for "music interval" and set it shorter, maybe?

Oh my music setting is like minimum interval, i want to hear that kitty! I'll just leave it on char select screen for longer then; i'm just used to hearing the EoD soundtracks start almost instantly. Tx for letting me know 🙂

There's loads of new music in the expansion. I'd check your music settings. Note, around the Skywatch Archipelago they do use older tracks from the relevant pre-SotO equivalent zones around the various islands, with the non-fractal islands having the newer tracks. The combat music around all Kryptis events is new, and it's all new music in the tower outpost and Amnytas 🙂

• Like 1

On 8/31/2023 at 5:17 AM, Teknomancer.4895 said:

I don't know about others, but for me that track is just being played at a significantly lower volume compared to other sounds in the game.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

12 hours ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

I think the SotO soundtrack is beautiful. It fits the new maps and events.

If you don't hear any of the new music, you might want to turn the music volume setting up.

The thing is that it only seems to affect the character select screen. The volume everywhere else seems to be fine, but the character select screen is maybe 60% of the other audio, if that.

• Like 1

I like some of the tracks. There’s an epic feel to the one during the archipelago meta when he’s making his key. There’s a few other good tracks too.

The ambient ones don’t always kick in though and a lot of archipelago uses music in every fractal island from each respective zone, which is a nice touch when you move between each.

EoD still beats it for OST though

• Sad 1