Crab Toss bugged? [Merged]

The superb daily system you designed selected Participation in an activity today.

Today's activity is Crab Toss.

Noone can pick up the crab.

Thaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaank you for the opportunity for the lack of options in selecting our daily objectives to shine. Much obliged!

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 3

2 minutes ago, Jarvis.9540 said:

Signed.  This is pretty frustrating...  I didn't even want to do this, but I need to for the daily.  We're all just running around waiting for the timer to run out.

Thats what you're doing anyway if you have to grab the crab.

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

I ran into the same issue today, apparently others in my instance tried a couple of matches. They couldn't pick up the crabs in either of them. Luckily daily can be done by waiting out the timer, however this also means that none of the crab toss chievs can be actually done due to a bug.
It feels almost as bad as that missing ship hitbox in Aether Path in Twilight Arbor.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 8/24/2023 at 2:29 AM, gousgou.5438 said:

The superb daily system you designed selected Participation in an activity today.

Today's activity is Crab Toss.

Noone can pick up the crab.

Thaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaank you for the opportunity for the lack of options in selecting our daily objectives to shine. Much obliged!

You get credit even if you just wait out the game.

AND - it's called "Daily activity participation"; you're free to go Southsun Survival, Sanctum Sprint, etc. instead.

But yeah, it's hilarious that in a game of crab toss, you can no longer pick up the succulent crab.😄

9 minutes ago, Manasa Devi.7958 said:

Another day, another broken daily: Crab Toss! The crab can't be picked up. For the first 4 minutes, no one got any points. Then suddenly, I had 3 points. I have no idea how and why. At the end of the game, I won with 3 points, everyone else having 0.

Still - everyone got credit on their daily, so all good. Just had to wait the 5 minutes the game lasted.

PSA for all those replying to thread thinking daily is busted today

* JUST STAY THROUGH THE MATCH AND GET CREDIT AT THE END ANYWAY

To ensure you get participation, open a crate and get some power-up and use it.. doesn't matter if score ends up 0; activity participation should complete regardless.

Edited by Dondarrion.2748
cannot do another activity any more apparently
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

How do you access other Activities?? :classic_blink: In these 11 years of GW2 I always thought the Activities rotated daily. :classic_huh:

You're right, I could have sworn you could enter the activities from their respective maps too.. ie. Keg Brawl from Hoelbrak, etc. but the activity icons / NPCs seem to have been removed.

Shows how little I play this content 😄 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, VulcanPyroman.8571 said:

Yes really great this new daily system: no choice, you have to do them all and of course they are all working perfectly 😑

You can get the daily. For doing nothing really xD
On 12th of Sept, there should be a patch to give more options.

Yet another annoyingly bugged PvE daily we are forced to do.
At least this one can be completed, but standing around afk for several minutes (And almost being kicked out for doing so) is no fun.

I don't have anything of value I can add, just here to voice my annoyance.
We will hopefully get somewhat of a workaround for issues like these in two weeks, but considering something like this happened twice in a single week, I'm not particularly thrilled to wait for another two.
Please fix your buggy content, or at least playtest stuff before making it "mandatory" content to play through.

Got it. I thought it would just be enough to be in the map and not get kicked but I was bored and still played around a bit with the power ups. (Which seems - according to others - to be required.) I wonder why they disabled crab pick up (or what bugged it). Possibly to stuff related to SotO? This used to work all the time.

But the activity system is a total mess anyways. They should allow for them to be played permanently. (Thought this would be the case - by goint to the respective map as someone mentioned above. Didn't this used to work in the past?) Also either the other festival activities need to be moved in - or Sanctum Sprint removed. Seems they left this in cause it is the only one currently not having real achievements during the festival (no dailies while for halloween for example you get festival dailies for the activities related to halloween). So people might miss it during the festival and wanting to play it later for the permanent achievements.

I would suggest remove the NPCs and make an extra UI window and putting a button at the top next to the PvP button. For easier access. Put an extra one on daily for additional rewards but let all available - more people might play them then.

Do costume brawl and Belcher's Bluff count for today's daily? Can't try anymore since I did it with crab toss. Wiki also seems to mention them as "activity".