Knowledge of the Elders Achievement Bugged/Uncompleteable if You Did The Burden of Choice Shadowstone Achievement [Merged]

4 hours ago, Agrizan.1087 said:

I didn't say they didn't need to fix it, just that the number of people who have gotten to the point were they are affected by it is likely low right now. It will absolutely get larger, but the current number of people whose progression is blocks by this achievement is very likely currently lower than the number affected by other more problematic bugs that they are working on. They absolutely need to fix it, but it very rightfully may not be the highest priority issue right now.

You're absolutely right! For example I have a friend who can't continue the story due to a known bug that hasn't been fixed yet... I would assume this kind of thing would get a higher priority than the inability to finish an achievement. Same as the skyscale bug (which got fixed pretty quickly imo).

That being said, I still selfishly hope they'll fix this very soon 😄

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I had started but not finished the Burden of Choice achievement and Greater Understanding is still bugged for me too, so it cant be only finishing the Burden of Choice, but it could be caused by starting or getting past some specific point in the achievement.

Either way this should be high priority to fix as it is one if not the biggest achievements in the new expansion currently and this bug have been known for many days now, it should have been fixed already.

edit: it is part of one of the biggest achievement, not the biggest achievement itself

Edited by Jopettaja.7451
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Blood.7254 said:

Hey, I've been stuck here since last Thursday. But ya know... I'm not raising my pitchfork. Sure it's annoying, but I don't make it an object of my obsession. Relax, go touch grass, it's only an achievement in a video game.

It's gonna get fixed.

Yet you're here posting about it.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

Well if it is too complicated to fix they should just bypass this part of the collection , or just change the npc .

Very weird that it isn't working because we made a choice many years ago (i should have throw that freaking shadowstone) , but i guess the spaghetti code is overloaded by bolognese after each patch.

18 hours ago, LoboRaptorLo.2603 said:

I am not going to repeat my explaination as to why this is a MUST FIX level issue, so here is a link to it from another thread. (Which should be merged at this point.)

For the TLDR:
It does affect more people than you think, and because there is a lack of spare achievement to complete a potential important task that will likely have an involvement later on (which I hope they won't forget this) as "Burden of Choice" was a 2016 achievement (so lots of opportunities (in 7 years) to have completed it).

You would expect they would check every angle when designing the collection. But welp here we are. In the end as long as they learn from that mistake and we get it fixed ASAP that's all good to me.

Must fix =/= high priority. There are other game breaking bugs they're working on. Furthermore, just because the dialogue isn't showing up doesn't mean they forgot to add it. There are all kinds of things that could cause this ranging from simple to confusing and complicated. They'll fix it. Go find something else to do while you wait.

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 3

2 hours ago, Chocofox.9503 said:

there an eta for this fix? This one step is blocking 3 separate achievements including the map achievement for Amnytas

It's pretty funny.

So -

You can't get the torch skin

You can't get the cape skin

You can't get the emote

You can't get the mastery point

But we can talk to Tranton about shadowstones. So we have that going for us.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1