Character Select Screen

It's not a problem for players with 17 or less characters, but for those of us who have a lot of them (say 72 slots unlocked, for example), the current character selection interface is rather inconvenient.

Granted, large character counts are what developers like to call "edge" cases, but it would be nice to see the game handle them more gracefully nonetheless.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

What I generally do is just scan the character thumbnails for the profession icon of the character I want, which allows me to ignore all characters of other professions as I look for the one I want. I also typically know roughly how long it's been since I've played a particular character, so if it's one I know I've not played in a long while I'll know it'll be off in the right-hand end of the displays rather than the left-side.

Thb the char selection screen should slowly move up in their priority list now that they have taken care of a lot of other chars. I probably will never go with more than 9 permanent chars (maybe making more just for birthday gifts in my empty slots that I got with deluxe editions but not buying more slots + keeping one empty to experiment) but there is a lot of other stuff that would be fun to see there.

I want my order banners back again. Maybe something customizable - with later content also getting banners. Or certain achievements. (The PoF had craftable banners depending on the story dialogue ansers you selected. Also needing more than 1 char to do everything.)

Most importantly the order of the chars should be customizable. (Not the last logged in one to the left always. When I just want to switch to another one to craft I don't want it to mess up the order.) And the crafting icons .... accidentally selecting a professoin gets you stuck with that crafting icon on the login screen on the char icon.

7 hours ago, Mrs Lana.2506 said:

It's called "characters" and it's hands-down the best addon for gw2 I have ever used. It makes having 72 characters a lot less irritating to scroll through. It's amazing.

At 59 characters (and 1 empty slow) I absolutely agree.

I do wish something like this would just be implemented directly into the character select screen, without the need for the overlay.

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

Bumb_ and yes pretty please!. A search funktion that filters preferably. And if possible Filter for class race and so on too ^^. No seriosly a simple search function would already help a lot.

• Confused 1