Thank you for the land-shark, please dont stop adding pets

Thornwolf.9721

I have long advocated for our new addition to the pet roster, ever since I saw them in PoF. Now... seeing this I'd like to ask for a few more additions because I feel that they make sense considering their uniqueness. 

1. Please make tamable versions of our mounts, they don't need to the base variant. They could be one of the mount skins if need be to help differentiate them or have some creative liberties put into place, but I'd personally love to have a griffin or a skyscale as an actual companion.
  2. Please... PLEASE let us tame a little hydra. Its the only other beast from PoF outside of the mounts that is just jaw dropping to see and I'd love to have one march alongside us.. just because of how cool its model is. 
  3. The boneskinner, I would LOVE and I mean LOVE some more ferocious pets. You've done really really well adding monstrous pets since PoF. EoD had some sick additions and some playing additions for those who dont want to be a monster tamer. But I'd love to see a boneskinner or similar themed pets make their way into our arsenal. Some horror vibes going along with our druid or our untamed.. would be nifty. And in the case of the soul-beast? MERGING with one of these mosntrosities thematically sounds cool. So please consider it!

Thanks for reading 
Edited by Thornwolf.9721
  • Like 8
  • Haha 1

On 9/1/2023 at 1:50 AM, InsaneQR.7412 said:

Overall i agree that these would be cool. But firts and foremost i think it would be the healthiest for the ranger class as a whole if they would update the core pets first.

We both know as much as we want that, it will never happen. They've had so many opportunities that it has become abundantly clear that they dont care, feature and power creep sells expansions... reworks not so much.

1 hour ago, Thornwolf.9721 said:

We both know as much as we want that, it will never happen. They've had so many opportunities that it has become abundantly clear that they dont care, feature and power creep sells expansions... reworks not so much.

Doesn't mean we still shouldn't make our voices heard. We want green and golden moas. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Matoro.9708 said:

Doesn't mean we still shouldn't make our voices heard. We want green and golden moas. 

call me jaded or maybe even pessimistic, but I don't want you to not vocalize your wants. I just can't ask for things like that anymore... The disappointment wore me down over the years lol

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Thornwolf.9721 said:

call me jaded or maybe even pessimistic, but I don't want you to not vocalize your wants. I just can't ask for things like that anymore... The disappointment wore me down over the years lol

I play since 2012. And even though i dont play as actively (because IRL and DnD) as i did arround LS3 times i still care. I am chuck full of copium that one day they fix pets. Especially now when they try to focus more on the core experience.

They did reworks of mesmer and various elite specs. So its not out of the picture that one day they give pets their love.

20 hours ago, InsaneQR.7412 said:

I play since 2012. And even though i dont play as actively (because IRL and DnD) as i did arround LS3 times i still care. I am chuck full of copium that one day they fix pets. Especially now when they try to focus more on the core experience.

They did reworks of mesmer and various elite specs. So its not out of the picture that one day they give pets their love.

I've been here since the beta of this game, came from guild wars 1. Time doesn't mean squat... I've watched the dev's ruin or outright destroy chunks of the game only to sell fixes later. You may have your optimism but your "time spent" doesn't equate to more value in your view point.

• Like 1

The "Mini Sand Shark" has been one of my fav Mini since it was added so it's nice having a Ranger pet version along side it (I always use same Mini as my pet when I can). Quickly one of my favorites.

It'd be nice to have... alternate variations of it though. I could go without it having all the particles effects and the constant lightning sound effect. 🙃They're already perfect without the extra.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/6/2023 at 7:58 AM, Mic.1897 said:

I just want jungle stalkers cast time reduced lol

3 seconds is so outdated and jarring and this is the pet most people start the game with

This would be such a great change. It makes no sense why it is a 3 second cast time nowadays. 

On 9/16/2023 at 6:07 PM, HawaiianDreads.5473 said:

I wouldn't mind a pocket raptor or two. Shoot be happy to tame a vinetooth.

If we get pocket raptors, it needs to be a small pack of them. They can still operate as a single unit, but it would be really cool to have like 5 pocket raptors following me around and attacking kitten.

On 9/5/2023 at 2:51 AM, Thornwolf.9721 said:

Actually i think you're wrong on this one. Now is the time it's likely to happen.
Their new xpac formula shows they're much more likely to re-hash/wamp/work old content or at least already existing assets rather than making things from very scratch.
Since full e-specs are off the table, fiddling with already existing profession mechanics (especially core ones) imho is very much on it, now more than ever.