why engineer robot does so much damage?

kima.3045

robot

- has a lot of armor/hp

- way too much damage

- chase you so you can't get LOS (loss of sight), compare to other pets that are slower.

- low CD time, if you kill the robot very quickly can be summoned again.

is really boring for the player or the enemy to fight a robot, as player  i have no challenge, send robot. sit down and nap

as a player fighting a robot? for that i go pve,  there is no set of skills that challenge the players.

even damage is so much that can kill a player while downing an engineer.

if the CD was longer like 4 min.   or way less hp,   and for sure less damage

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5
  • Confused 3

noob

- has little armor/hp

- way too little damage

- avoid you so you can't get in range (loss of sight), compare to pros that are faster

- long respawn time, if you kill the noob very quickly cant be summoned again for 15 seconds.

is really boring for the pro or the enemy to fight a noob, as pro  i have no challenge, send noob. sit down and nap

as a pro fighting a noob? for that i go pve,  there is no set of skills that challenge the pros.

even damage is so little that can kill a noob while downing an pro.

if the respawn timer was shorter like 5 sec.   or way more hp,   and for sure more damage

• Haha 5
  • Confused 3

14 hours ago, kima.3045 said:

robot

- has a lot of armor/hp

- way too much damage

- chase you so you can't get LOS (loss of sight), compare to other pets that are slower.

- low CD time, if you kill the robot very quickly can be summoned again.

is really boring for the player or the enemy to fight a robot, as player  i have no challenge, send robot. sit down and nap

as a player fighting a robot? for that i go pve,  there is no set of skills that challenge the players.

even damage is so much that can kill a player while downing an engineer.

if the CD was longer like 4 min.   or way less hp,   and for sure less damage

Hi Kima, you'll find that at higher tiers of play very few players can make mechanist work.  It's almost never run.   Zikala is one of the better mechanists I've seen but his build and style of use is a bit different.

In general to kill a mechanist you basically run circles around the robot while targeting the mechanist.  They get one free port.  The mechanist itself is typically very squishy.  IF you have elevation and the robot is chasing you you can go up stairs, the jump off them and the robot has to go around.   The AI is predictable.   The big attacks are quite telegraphed... the fields are annoying because it is relatively fast, but if it didn't have that it would be utterly useless.  

I am happy when I see a mechanist on the opposing team. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bazsi.2734 said:

We should redirect the thread to the only topic that matters, rangers:

I agree with OP. Pets are bad. 

Agree. Need to up the speed and responsiveness of all pets.

16 hours ago, bethekey.8314 said:

*snip*

is really boring for the pro or the enemy to fight a noob, as pro  i have no challenge, send noob. sit down and nap

This kind a proves the point that mech is to low level (bronze/low silver) play bads what burst soulbeast is to mid (silver/low gold) level play bads

Just kite the slb like do you mech and you'll be good.  

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

43 minutes ago, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

This kind a proves the point that mech is to low level (bronze/low silver) play bads what burst soulbeast is to mid (silver/low gold) level play bads

Just kite the slb like do you mech and you'll be good.  

Does it though? Mech can't 20k you from stealth after pulling you off a building. 

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

Does it though? Mech can't 20k you from stealth after pulling you off a building. 

Ranger pets can't either? We talking about the robot here not the engi--gotta keep up

20 minutes ago, Bazsi.2734 said:

More like 300. We had a bunch of traits at 300 seconds for a while, it should work as a temporary solution until ranger gets removed from the game.

If it dies it might as well be, already 60s without BM slotted.  But ppl still die to ranger somehow...so yeah....

On 8/31/2023 at 6:56 PM, bethekey.8314 said:

noob

- has little armor/hp

- way too little damage

- avoid you so you can't get in range (loss of sight), compare to pros that are faster

- long respawn time, if you kill the noob very quickly cant be summoned again for 15 seconds.

as a pro fighting a noob? for that i go pve,  there is no set of skills that challenge the pros.

even damage is so little that can kill a noob while downing an pro.

if the respawn timer was shorter like 5 sec.   or way more hp,   and for sure more damage

i agree machinist was a mistake, a ranger ripoff, and should be completely reworked.

edited to add that you hate rangers, so you should agree. kitten...clapped

Edited by magickthief.6492
  • Like 1