Please, PLEASE put ANY amount of optimization work into Amnytas [Merged]

This has got to be the Single worst Map for Playability I've ever Had. 

But Anet continues to ignore player concerns and reports ( nothing new, just look at how they've failed to address the Boon ball issue in WvW ) 

Almost everyone at this point agrees the Map runs terribly. It is the single most clunky and poorly optimized location in the game. 

And Anet remains Completely silent about it. Refusing to even address that it's an issue and instead pretending that it's okay to continue to put out maps that are THIS clunky. 

It doesn't Matter How beautiful the map looks, if it runs Like burning garbage, it's not good. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 11
  • Sad 1

once you arrive in amnytas close the game, and open again to free memory. 

SotO maps are smaller than Eod just to avoid that big memory loads that we have on Eod.

if you are coming from previous map to amnytas, u memory have will have trash info from previous maps, the EoD maps are the worse offenders, with lots of memory leaks.

Edited by ugrakarma.9416
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

• I wonder how much SOTO raised the minimum requierments by?

• My old PC that used to run HoT raids at 5 to 15 FPS on medium settings might have exploded. (It was the 2015 Macbook 12-inch that was netbook-like…I know. I was younger, it was a gift, and money was tight.) A guildie’s decade plus old graphics card — the Nvidia GTX 970 — can barely keep up now.

• My current upper mid-tier 2021 PC (1440p at 165Hz, RTX 3070, AMD Ryzen 7 5800X, 32 GB DDR4, PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD) is playing Amnytas on Ultra settings and rarely breaking a sweat. 😅

(Side note: despite my PC having more than enough RAM, Chrome browsers get crazy memory leaks. I don’t know if the Trading Post being on Chromium affects memory leaks.)

If the devs are designing and testing the game on a souped up work PC, they might not even experience how much of a bottleneck it can get.

Edited by Sylvi.8372
Typo & spacing
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Sadly this will not happen 😞 There's never been a time in the history of the game where they've gone back and addressed these issues. I'm about ready to start a GoFundMe just to raise money to hire more people at ArenaNet to help with these bugs and performance issues in this game 🤦‍♀️This company is lacking manpower to make this game what it should be in 2023

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4

5 hours ago, Redfeather.6401 said:

Looking towards the center of Amnytas lowers the framerate. For me it lowers my framerate 70%. I have a ryzen 5600, gtx 3060, 16gb so I think it's the game.

Dang, that’s standard and reasonable modern gaming specs. 😳

Is this with Reflections off? 🤔 IIRC, the game struggles with that since the entire bottom area of maps is supposedly water.

The entire center of Amnytas is the World Spire and the Bastion of the Celestial. There might be a ton of pixels and shades there. 😅

—————

I vaguely recall several YouTube guides on how to optimize GW2 graphics helped me a lot when my PC was a potato that could barely load textures in time — think invisible flame walls at Soulless Horror or Sabetha.

(To ANet team: The Settings menu doesn’t explain well enough what each setting does. Especially since most of us aren’t graphics programmers. 🙏)

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

• Forum Moderator.3419 changed the title to Please, PLEASE put ANY amount of optimization work into Amnytas [Merged]

I suspect they know that newer maps (and this is going on since LS4 or even Pof) are badly optimised and their fix is lowering the amount of player per instance to avoid scenarios with detail overload. Which hurts the game a lot. For example Triple Trouble in Bloodtide coast. You have like 150 players in one spot before the start and I never had any issues. Now compare it to Dragon's End. 50 players on the platform and my PC is about to blow up. I don't care about the graphics if it means I have deserted maps, constantly closing instances on you and half the or even third the player count in these massive events.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Hm, my pc, soon 3 years old (Ryzen 5 3600, Radeon RX 5700 8 GB and 32 GB RAM) doesn't behave any differently. I'd need to have a tool running that constantly shows me the fps.
I usually have it set to best quality with a lowest in character model quality (only applies to others, not me). Sometimes I change character model limit to middle or lower, just to see better in large cluster of players.

Edited by Lucy.3728