New weapons without supporting traitline?

9 minutes ago, HawkMeister.4758 said:

Ah OK, thnx.

I should've paid more attention to that beta test weekend, but felt like I had better things to do than beta test Anet's latest harebrained scheme.

Don't have a problem with reusing available effects, complete skills even.

That's just smart thinking and might speed up development.

But I'm very pessimistic this weapon carousel idea will end well.

That beta test weekend was not for the new weapons it was only the old elite spec weapons unlocked for everyone.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

well if they do remove specializations or generalize traits then things will certainly become bland and meaningless.  For that matter they need to make alternative traits that are tempting to use.  If each specialization only has one trait on each level that is worth using, then there still won't be any build diversity.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

On 9/9/2023 at 7:02 PM, Linken.6345 said:

To add to that is revenant staff a copy of any of the above or daredevil staff?

Staff on a Rev looks like it uses some of the Reaper's Shroud melee scythe animations. That works out great for me because my Rev carried her name over from GW1 where she was a Dervish, and now with a couple of targeted wardrobe choices, she can be one again!  😁

I'm still salty about Mesmer not getting MH pistol, though. A Phantasmal Duelist can wield two pistols (so at least one dual-wield animation already exists), but not the player who summoned it. The character class that (in the lore) is dedicated to the goddess Lyssa, cannot wield both Lyss and Ilya at the same time.

• Sad 1

On 9/9/2023 at 7:02 PM, Linken.6345 said:

New one not seen before. ( would be pretty funny if guardian got the Ricochet ability that was taken from thief tho)

They already did that with Harbinger's AA. They will surely do it with Ele and Guard too. Why? Because Pierce on Guns sucks compared to Explosions and Bounce/Ricochet, it doesn't work very well with Bullet physics like it does for Arrows. Anet knows this; which is why they applied Explosion/Bounce to all the Guns including Thieve's.

But a Dev at some point wanted to troll Thief players by removing all their Pistol traits and replaced them with a broken one that self-weakens them (Deadly Aim). Then the trait became so forgotten about by Anet that they accidentally gave a Rifle skill the same name as it. The Dev probably isn't even on the Balance team anymore, someone needs to go back and fix the trait the old Dev messed up.

Edited by Doggie.3184
  • Confused 1

On 9/10/2023 at 2:24 PM, HawkMeister.4758 said:

That's just stupid.

It was always a great way to assign weapon specific boosts to "their" trait line and a smart way to stream line balancing.

This coming "weapon carousel" ride will surely be a nightmare to balance and I expect hilariously broken builds,

which will ultimately end in COMPLETE DESTRUCTION of ALL current diverse class builds.

As they HAVE to "streamline" the coming self-inflicted chaos into a few manageable (&boring) builds and traits.

Weapons should be inherently good without a trait line.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1