Broken Hero Challenge - Searing Cauldron (Iron Marches) [Merged]

Whats happening with this heropoint is just the level of "professionality" that I expect from anet at this point. There are bugs in the game that have not been resolved since its original launch 11 years ago. So we know how long we will have to wait for this to be fixed.

Edited by Tenarus.1630
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

Might not be a bug:

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Searing_Cauldron

Looks like the event needs to fail in order for the hero point to become available. Kinda hard to pull of though since people dont listen and just kill the veterans. Currently trying to see if this works.

Update: Does not work 😕

Edited by Neptune.5948
  • Like 1

I doubt anyone here is suprised by this bug. When you have spaghetti legacy code stacked under a decade of updates it's not a question of if, but when.

Which leads me to being baffled by Anets lack of a contingency plan for when content does break and blocks progress for an extended period of time. Especially when it would be a simple variable change on our characters attributes. Yet support can't do anything.

Personally I do WC on my characters because I enjoy it. I already have a stack of GoE's in my bank, but I imagine if I didn't I'd be too alienated to grind anything else out in this game.

Edited by Whaoz.8630
phrasing
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Whaoz.8630 said:

For those who think we don't understand how the event works

What's more annoying than spending an hour trying to convince people to not kill enemies that melt in less than 5 seconds, while practically having giant KILL ME signs above them

is doing so knowing you're getting jack kitten out of it

Your video is on private so not viewable.

1 hour ago, BrightWingedBat.6829 said:

Still not working, it'd be nice if we had some official confirmation about this than leaving us in the dark about it.

Hello,

Thank you for contacting our team about a game issue that you experienced. The Guild Wars 2 Development Team is aware of this issue and team members currently are working on addressing it. Please keep an eye on the official forums for any future updates and announcements regarding Guild Wars 2. You can reach the forums via this link: https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/

I guess they need another week?

Edited by Whaoz.8630
  • Like 1

I think the fact that they took the time to fix display bugs like the water in snowden drifts or some guild icon display issues but are not fixing this issue shows the fact, that the devs not know what they are doing. The bugs have been reported at the same time, yet visual bugs get higher prioritization as progress blocking bugs? Thats a level of missing competence like I would expect it from an indie studio on their first game... This is really a sign of carelessness and lack of professionalism on the part of the developers...

• Like 1

I would suggest even if one or two people who put support tickets in. Everyone here should put one in at least once on whatever reason for the need of this. Because at this point people hovering it on NA wise waiting for it to work. Some have try let event fail didn't work. Some let event go through of course didn't work. Other collections requirements didn't work as intended as well. 

My ticket update:

Hello,

Thank you for contacting our team about a game issue that you experienced. The Guild Wars 2 Development Team is aware of this issue and team members currently are working on addressing it. Please keep an eye on the official forums for any future updates and announcements regarding Guild Wars 2. You can reach the forums via this link: https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/

Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns.

Regards,

GM Otrebor
Guild Wars 2 Support Team
http://help.guildwars2.com/

Edited by KitTheTraveler.6193
Showing ticket reply
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, KitTheTraveler.6193 said:

I would suggest even if one or two people who put support tickets in. Everyone here should put one in at least once on whatever reason for the need of this. Because at this point people hovering it on NA wise waiting for it to work.

Usually I would totally agree. But: I've  talked with other people around the hero point. Most of them have written a ticket. Every last one of them got the same reply you did - just with the name of whatever gm took care of that ticket. 
At this point I dont expect this to get fixed before the "bugfix patch" that they announced for next tuesday. If this is the case that would be totally outrageous. I think progress blocking bugs have to be fixed immediately. I've been mad at the game for quite a while. And whenever I hope they do something right they mess up another thing... At this point the game is nothing but a mess anymore...

• Like 1