Broken Hero Challenge - Searing Cauldron (Iron Marches) [Merged]

Still broken and reported bug several times.
Took a second character through world completion - I left 18 Hero challenges incomplete this time.
Then purchased from WvW vendor "Notarized Scroll of Central Tyrian Heroics" - used about 12 before the searing cauldron HP unlocked at random.
Then finished the last ones normally.

note: you can use "Notarized Scroll of Central Tyrian Heroics" to unlock all but the last hero challenge. So just make sure you do this before it's too late

Just now, Xanthia.8905 said:

Still broken and reported bug several times.
Took a second character through world completion - I left 18 Hero challenges incomplete this time.
Then purchased from WvW vendor "Notarized Scroll of Central Tyrian Heroics" - used about 12 before the searing cauldron HP unlocked at random.
Then finished the last ones normally.

note: you can use "Notarized Scroll of Central Tyrian Heroics" to unlock all but the last hero challenge. So just make sure you do this before it's too late

update: I logged a support request and got the following response.

Hello,

Thank you for contacting our team about a game issue that you experienced. The Guild Wars 2 Development Team is aware of this issue and team members currently are working on addressing it. Please keep an eye on the official forums for any future updates and announcements regarding Guild Wars 2. You can reach the forums via this link: https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/

Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns.

Regards,
GM Pyriel
Guild Wars 2 Support Team
http://help.guildwars2.com/

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Haru.5649 said:

It's bugged, but somehow i able to commune it when i doing the Skyscale Achievement.

It looks like when the cauldron was made part of the new Skyscale Masteries it bugged it being the Hero Point.

You can get the Skyscale Achieve but NOT the HP.

Edited by Eziair.2509

1 hour ago, Manni.1435 said:

Thanks everyone. this did end up working out for me. i used ~15 or so i think it was before it triggered.
Also not sure it made any difference or not but i was in the map in question when i used them. 

It do not matter at all the hp thats unlocked each time  is random of the wvw maps, core+ drytop and silverwaste you have left.

9 hours ago, Eziair.2509 said:

It looks like when the cauldron was made part of the new Skyscale Masteries it bugged it being the Hero Point.

You can get the Skyscale Achieve but NOT the HP.

When you have the achievement you will have 2 options in the list which is to get the achievement item and commune the hero point, i choose to commune the hero point first and it work lol and then i only get achievement item 😂

Edited by Haru.5649

11 minutes ago, Tenarus.1630 said:

2+ weeks, another bugfix patch today and still no fix?

I am done with this trash game and its incredibly incompetend "developement" oh wait I spelled that wrong "mess the last bit up that was still working"-team!

another nerf patch you mean, game still full of bugs  tbh we can't really call any patch a bug fix 

15 hours ago, Haru.5649 said:

When you have the achievement you will have 2 options in the list which is to get the achievement item and commune the hero point, i choose to commune the hero point first and it work lol and then i only get achievement item 😂

but if you are not doing the Achieve or have it yet, the HP is not working.

2 hours ago, Rubi Bayer.8493 said:

Hey all, I am sorry I missed this until now. Luckily, other people did not--I asked around and learned that someone is already looking into this bug. Sorry it's been going on for so long but we are chasing down the issue so we can figure out a fix!

After two weeks still chasing? You really should be done by now... This is gatekeeping a lot of different things in the game. Furthermore its core game - players who consider buying the game will see this. And indeed Ive talked to a few players over the last two weeks who said if the game is that severly bugged they wont even think about buying any of the expansions and will rather look into other games.

Plus you are massively frustrating and angering your "older" playerbase as well. I've been looking quite forgiving on most bugs in the last eleven years. But at some point even more calm players like me are fed up. Yes - existing players will stay for longer but if you trample their problems with your feet like you've been doing the past two weeks by plain ignoring the incident even older players will turn their backs on you - I myself am considering to draw a line under the chapter gw2 because this is just the drop that overflows the bucket... So many bugs in the past, so many weeks, months and years waiting for fixes that often even never came... You should really reconsider how you approach bugs, their weighting in importance and your speed in fixing them...

• Thanks 4
  • Confused 3