Broken Hero Challenge - Searing Cauldron (Iron Marches) [Merged]

3 minutes ago, Chaba.5410 said:

It's random which one ends up being missing because that method unlocks them randomly.  The challenge unlocks from WvW include challenges in WvW maps that don't count towards map completion.  So there's still a single hero challenge somewhere, probably in a WvW map, that is still incomplete for you.  It's also confusing because when you unlock one of the WvW map challenges, there's no name that pops up on the side scrolling list above the mini-map.

Fair enough and now I'm glad I'm missing something in WvW because the 100% Tyria map completion triggering was all I cared for!
Guess the key here is - Be at 188/189  *and* miss some random WvW HP.. spaaaam those Notarized Scrolls and cross all the fingies.

8 minutes ago, Whaoz.8630 said:

I don't even understand what I'm supposed to be doing. Any information I can find says I can get the currency to buy Scrolls by ranking up in WvW but I'm only getting Badges of Honor

I'd rather anet just get their kitten together

As far as I know, you get Testimonies of Jade Heroics by ranking up in WvW / spending Skirmish Chest(s). I had a whole bunch and never really did anything specifically to get them.

You can then go to a Heroics Notary NPC and buy Notarized Scroll of Central Tyrian Heroics, which hopefully may unlock this HP for you if you're missing some other in WvW. I lost track of how many I've spent. Should've been recording it lmao

1 minute ago, Dywas.6843 said:

Fair enough and now I'm glad I'm missing something in WvW because the 100% Tyria map completion triggering was all I cared for!
Guess the key here is - Be at 188/189  *and* miss some random WvW HP.. spaaaam those Notarized Scrolls and cross all the fingies.

If you want to be really complete, there are 1214 total hero points available from all core, wvw, and expansion maps.  When you use them to unlock all three elite specs on a character, you should have 464 remaining hero points.  xD  SoTO did not add any more hero challenges.

Here's my notes on the number of hero challenges from the time last I counted.  I forgot the core notary unlocks also include dry top and silverwastes in addition to wvw.

Tyria
37 ascalon
31 kryta
36 mag jungle
44 orr
41 shiverpeaks
11 mag wastes (dry top, silverwastes) not needed for map completion

HoT

PoF

EoD
31(including Arborstone)

WvW

189 for map completion
200 with wastes
212 with wvw

3 minutes ago, Dywas.6843 said:

You can then go to a Heroics Notary NPC and buy Notarized Scroll of Central Tyrian Heroics, which hopefully may unlock this HP for you if you're missing some other in WvW. I lost track of how many I've spent. Should've been recording it lmao

That wiki link mentions how it only unlocks 188/189.  It mentions you need 214 total scrolls.

4 minutes ago, Whaoz.8630 said:

What does this even mean though? It's exactly what the wiki says but I've been ranking up in WvW and I don't have any.

You have to be WXP rank 6 before Chest of the Mists start dropping on rank up.

You can also get the Jade Testimonies from Skirmish Chests.  You have to open them and select the Jade.

18 minutes ago, Chaba.5410 said:

That wiki link mentions how it only unlocks 188/189.  It mentions you need 214 total scrolls.

Not only do I have the weirdest half chub ever from your notes on Hero Point totals as I have to say the Wiki must be wrong or unclear, then? I got my 189/189, 100% map completion triggered by this very HP using a scroll.

Edited by Dywas.6843

12 minutes ago, Dywas.6843 said:

Not only do I have the weirdest half chub ever from your notes on Hero Point totals.. I have to say the Wiki must be wrong or unclear, then? As I got my 189/189, 100% map completion triggered by this very HP using a scroll.

Map completion doesn't require all the Central Tyrian hero challenges and which ones unlock are random.

Dry Top and Silverwastes and WvW are considered core but don't count towards map completion.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chaba.5410 said:

It's random which one ends up being missing because that method unlocks them randomly.  The challenge unlocks from WvW include challenges in WvW maps that don't count towards map completion.  So there's still a single hero challenge somewhere, probably in a WvW map, that is still incomplete for you.  It's also confusing because when you unlock one of the WvW map challenges, there's no name that pops up on the side scrolling list above the mini-map.

Are you sure this missing one dont happen to be the krait obilisk one in home instance?

1 hour ago, Chaba.5410 said:

Map completion doesn't require all the Central Tyrian hero challenges and which ones unlock are random.

Dry Top and Silverwastes and WvW are considered core but don't count towards map completion.

Thats because wvw got cut from world completion + technicaly drytop and silverwaste is living world season 2.

Edited by Linken.6345

48 minutes ago, Linken.6345 said:

Are you sure this missing one dont happen to be the krait obilisk one in home instance?

Thats because wvw got cut from world completion + technicaly drytop and silverwaste is living world season 2.

I believe that's how the bug started.  Not everyone would have the Krait Obelisk unlocked.  It was first released in 2013 and then added to a laurel vendor or something.  When the Notary scrolls were added with the HoT release, it's like someone counted up all the available "central tyria" hero points and then subtracted one for the Krait Obelisk.  Also I seem to recall having 188/189 and world completion done on my first character until I got the Krait Obelisk some years later.  Hard to keep track of the map items that keep getting added and/or removed from the game.

4 hours ago, Whaoz.8630 said:

Can't decide between leaving a bunch of Hero Points unclaimed so I can grind for a bunch of Scrolls giving me a higher chance of getting the one I need

Yes the more HP's you have open to do via WvW the better the chance you got the broken one as well.

if you have 2 left it's 1/2 fail and therefore 1-1/2 = 50% success

if you have 3 left it's 2/3 fail * 1/2 fail = 1/3 fail and therefore 1-1/3 = 66% success

if you have 4 left it's 3/4 * 2/3 * 1/2 fail = 1/4 fail and therefore 1-1/4 = 75% success

if you have 5 left it's 4/5 * 3/4 * 2/3 * 1/2 fail = 1/5 fail and therefore 1-1/5 = 80% success

or the left over chance is equal to any of the open ones, the more you have the lower the chance for each specific.

As each skirmirch chest contains 6 Testimony of Jade Heroics you have1/6 fail for one chest (<25min wvw), 1/12 for two (<50min wvw), ...)

It very likely pays of to farm the GoB you need anyway, and then do the HP's you can via WvW.

Edited by Dayra.7405
  • Confused 1

The hell you mean it pays off? I got a million and 2 things I want to do in this game but a 50/50 gamble that requires a grind might pay off?  This roadblock is kittening annoying and confusing.

So do I gotta clear WvW HPs before I use the scrolls too??? And some here are saying it sometimes works at 188/189??? What the actual kitten is going on? What the kitten am I actually supposed to do to get this to work because it's making less sense the more people explain and now I'm convinced I'm gonna get my WC stuck and anets gonna take a kittening year and a half for a fix.

Edited by Whaoz.8630

13 minutes ago, Whaoz.8630 said:

The hell you mean it pays off? I got a million and 2 things I want to do in this game but a 50/50 gamble that requires a grind might pay off?  This roadblock is kittening annoying and confusing.

So do I gotta clear WvW HPs before I use the scrolls too??? And some here are saying it sometimes works at 188/189??? What the actual kitten is going on? What the kitten am I actually supposed to do to get this to work because it's making less sense the more people explain and now I'm convinced I'm gonna get my WC stuck and anets gonna take a kittening year and a half for a fix.

No dont clear them the more you have left in wvw the high chance you get your last hero point in pve done.

And the last hero point the scrolls cant clear will be in wvw and that one is not bugged.

Edited by Linken.6345

2 minutes ago, Linken.6345 said:

No dont clear them the more you have left in wvw the high chance you get your last hero point in pve done.

So then what? Just grind WvW for the rest of my life x-x

Why is everyone posting conflicting info.

Do I go to 188/189 or not???

Edited by Whaoz.8630

15 minutes ago, Whaoz.8630 said:

So then what? Just grind WvW for the rest of my life x-x

Why is everyone posting conflicting info.

Do I go to 188/189 or not???

Yes go to 188 in pve then have as many wvw hero points left as possible. buy scrolls and hope the last pve is claimed before last wvw hp is.

Dont forget drytop and silverwaste to cut down the hp pool.

The wvw dont count for the 188/189 at all but they do count on the scrolls.

Edited by Linken.6345

31 minutes ago, Whaoz.8630 said:

Since I play WvW a lot and have the currency to buy the notary scrolls, I always unlock all the hero challenges first before doing map completion.  I buy like 212 central tyrian notary scrolls to do the entire thing.  Not all of them count towards map completion so you have to buy more than 189 scrolls.  Once you hit the limit, the game starts refunding you the currency and then you see your world completion is at 188/189.

Since it unlocks randomly, each character I've done this on always has a different hero challenge missing in central tyria.  Then I have to hover over every map on the giant world map to find the one that doesn't have all hero challenges complete.  Like on this new ele I rolled a few months ago the missing one is in Gendarran Fields while on the thief the missing challenge is in Lornar's Pass.

Yea, it pays off.  Hero challenges make up about 10% of world completion.  It means you can skip pathing to hero challenges on maps and just do POIs, Waypoints, and Hearts.  I use Tuh's Trails with BlishHUD for this.

17 minutes ago, Whaoz.8630 said:

I'm sure it pays off if you already enjoy mindless zerging all day but not when there are other things I want to do

Don't act like its a time save when it's 30 minutes per chest and I'm gonna waste rolls on WvW points.

What?  Kind of an unnecessary response.  I don't play WvW all day.  And you have to play some WvW to get the Gift of Battle anyway if you're doing world completion because you want to make a legendary weapon with it.  It's kind of like how you roll for mystic clovers first before making the Gifts of Might or Magic because the forge ends up giving you some of the T6 crafting mats you need as you attempt for clovers.

Edited by Chaba.5410

As I mentioned before I'm not crafting a legendary, just doing WC. All I want is one hero point. Not to grind pvp for an hour to get a chance at the ONE hero point I need.

It took me a half an hour to get 6, and from what I'm hearing it can need an average of 20-30 so that's at least 2 hours of grinding for 1 HP?

Edited by Whaoz.8630
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Whaoz.8630 said:

As I mentioned before I'm not crafting a legendary, just doing WC. All I want is one hero point. Not to grind pvp for an hour to get a chance at the ONE hero point I need.

Yea I wouldn't do that either if you don't have the currency for it.  You just sounded confused earlier about how the Notary scrolls from WvW worked in relation to world completion so I tried to describe it to you by relating my process.  You wouldn't want to go to WvW, Dry Top, or Silverwastes and do the actual hero challenges before using notary scrolls.

4 minutes ago, Chaba.5410 said:

Yea I wouldn't do that either if you don't have the currency for it.  You just sounded confused earlier about how the Notary scrolls from WvW worked in relation to world completion so I tried to describe it to you by relating my process.  You wouldn't want to go to WvW, Dry Top, or Silverwastes and do the actual hero challenges before using notary scrolls.

I appreciate you explaining that to me. What ticked my bone is when you said it should be more efficient, but I feel like I've wasted so much time just researching how to get the currency alone. I'm in a bad mood.

I'm probably still going to end up grinding WvW anyways but man is this a pain in the as

Edited by Whaoz.8630
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Whaoz.8630 said:

I appreciate you explaining that to me. What ticked my bone is when you said it should be more efficient, but I feel like I've wasted so much time just researching how to get the currency alone. I'm in a bad mood.

No worries.  Thanks for the understanding.  Bugged out hero challenges that block progress can make anyone upset.  It's not the first time a hero challenge has bugged out.  Tuesday patch day is getting closer at least and we can hope it gets fixed then.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Dywas.6843 said:

Uh.. so.. update!

Despite already having gone through a whole bunch of them, I've been sitting on 188/189 for a week and got bored so went to the WvW vendor again and got more Notarized_Scroll_of_Central_Tyrian_Heroics thinking "eh might as well spend more of these bloody things, can't hurt!".

I have no idea how many I bought+used but IT ACTUALLY WORKED!!!! I now have crafted my first legendary weapon.

No idea why it didn't work before but.. if you're stuck give it a shot. Be ready to use up a whole bunch of them, you might just get lucky!

yeah i just get back the token i used for the ticket. still busted guess have wait till tuesday to see if they fix the darn thing