check your not a bot spam

Linken.6345

45 minutes ago, costepj.5120 said:

Does it pop up when you are farming in Iron Marches or what?

It is a new thing on the forums. I already got it once, too, when I had ten+ Forum tabs open.

I don't know whether the number of tabs are related to it popping up though, or if it was coincidence.

But it's an unnecessary feature that'll get annoying quickly, if it ends up triggering too often.

Edited by Fueki.4753
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

11 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

So... what is this about?

I assume it's an anti-botting forum feature that checks if you have a brain, or if you are a machine.

It's a bit like the puzzle piece placement part of logging into Genshin Impact, just that the task is even worse.

Edited by Fueki.4753

I open about 2-3 tabs and didn't get that one yet.

I hate any kind of captcha.

I wish the inventor of captchas, where you have only one picture and all parts of whatever have to be marked, the exact same thing at his toilet door, to unlock it. And then it should work just as bad as for me.

Edited by Lucy.3728
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

24 minutes ago, Linken.6345 said:

So am I useing to man gw2 tabs or is it because I got  1 permanent point that I can never get rid of @Rubi Bayer.8493

If those are the options then I can tell you it's because of all the tabs.

Also that is a massive amount of open tabs. Those can't all be active topics, why not read and close some? Or bookmark ones you want to refer back to.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Danikat.8537 said:

Also that is a massive amount of open tabs. Those can't all be active topics, why not read and close some? Or bookmark ones you want to refer back to.

I assume this amount of tabs in the image is an exaggerated amount to try and force the captcha to pop up. I got it with just above ten tabs.

But after the first time I didn't get it again (so far).

Edited by Fueki.4753

1 hour ago, Danikat.8537 said:

If those are the options then I can tell you it's because of all the tabs.

1 hour ago, Fueki.4753 said:

I assume this amount of tabs in the image is an exaggerated amount to try and force the captcha to pop up. I got it with just above ten tabs.

But after the first time I didn't get it again (so far).

It is not, what I do first when I open lets say general discussion or any other of the main section, I then open all the tabs I have interest in (with new posts) on the first and second page of those.

Then I go through them 1 by 1 read and reply as needed.

I mean there is a reason I got 13.2k posts.

Edited by Linken.6345
  • Confused 2

On 9/17/2023 at 12:24 AM, Fueki.4753 said:

I assume it's an anti-botting forum feature that checks if you have a brain, or if you are a machine.

It's a bit like the puzzle piece placement part of logging into Genshin Impact, just that the task is even worse.

I am living proof you can not be a machine and still not have a brain. k thanks.

• Haha 6

On 9/16/2023 at 4:24 PM, Fueki.4753 said:

It doesn't do a good job then when it checks for brains. 

Looking at the topics posted here daily. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

10 hours ago, Vayne.8563 said:

I am living proof you can not be a machine and still not have a brain. k thanks.

But if you had no brain and thus couldn't think for yourself, you'd only move based on electric impulses and signals.

Thus, you'd qualify as a machine, even if you are made of meat and bone, instead of metals and other artificial components.

3 hours ago, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

It doesn't do a good job then when it checks for brains. 

Looking at the topics posted here daily. 

Checking for the existence of a brain and checking the quality within are fundamentally different tasks.

Edited by Fueki.4753
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Fueki.4753 said:

But if you had no brain and thus couldn't think for yourself, you'd only move based on electric impulses and signals.

Thus, you'd qualify as a machine, even if you are made of meat and bone, instead of metals and other artificial components.

Checking for the existence of a brain and checking the quality within are fundamentally different tasks.

Plants don't have a brain, but they move to face the light. They're not machines.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Vayne.8563 said:

Plants don't have a brain, but they move to face the light. They're not machines.

And they aren't made out of meat and bone.

Unless you want to role-play a Sylvari on the forums, which causes you to be made out of vegan meat-replacement and bones. This qualifies you for the electric impulses and signals.

Edited by Fueki.4753
  • Confused 2

2 hours ago, Fueki.4753 said:

And they aren't made out of meat and bone.

Unless you want to role-play a Sylvari on the forums, which causes you to be made out of vegan meat-replacement and bones. This qualifies you for the electric impulses and signals.

What if I'm a Sylvari in real life?

• Confused 1